Upperman vs. Jackson County

theu

OK!!!!

1. I was not attacking #33. I just called the last few minutes of the game like I saw it.

2. They all make mistakes. But most don't make the same mistake over and over and over in only

2 minutes time!

3. Coach Mac would have told him the first time not to do it again. When he did again the very next

play he would have found himself on the bench. That's the difference in a good coach and yours.

4. JC could have won that game. But coach Flynn and #33 won it for us. You can't change the fact

that he went down the floor and gave the ball back to us not once, not twice but three or four times

in a row and coach Flynn let him do it. Maybe he's afraid to take him out since his dad is sitting

next to him on the bench. Who knows!

5. #33 I wish you all the luck. You just need to get your head in the game more and focus on

winning the game as a team and not being the star of the night. It may have just been a bad night.

Chalk it up to that.

This is not someone from Upperman this is someone from our own school and how sad is that? Godwin turned the ball over 2 times Mcmillan turned it over i know two times in a row in the fourth quarter but both of them were being tackled and there was nothing done about it! The freshman came in and turned it over so it was a team effort there in the fourth quarter no doubt. I guess #33 had nothing to do with helping JC gain the lead in the 3rd and fourth quarter right? If i'm guessing right you're just a punk that wants to try to down this kid for your own reasons. If your so good why don't you go tell #33's dad how you feel? I know the guy and i'm sure you won't do that he would rip your head off prolly. You keep referring to "Coach Mac" after the one poster called him that like you're from Upperman. I see right through that bs. If Coach Mac was like you say he is then he would have sat the kid down that got the "T" for yelling at one of our players after a dunk. You ain't from Upperman you're the worst kind of disease there is. A pathetic individual who wants to try to put down someone who is giving their heart for the team. You disgust even me and thats hard to do!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK! So then JC fans..........not a word about the #33! I said maybe he had a bad game. Who knows?

You may know more since you've seen more games than just this one!

How do you JC fans really feel about the job your coach is doing?!

And be completly HONEST! Do you have the guts too?!!!!

This was a good win for the Bees!! I agree with many of the comments made on this topic. I honestly think that Upperman should have ran a team like Jackson County of the gym. I don't believe they are playing to their potential. This team is full of talent, size, quickness and pure athleticism. With that being said they have got to start playing on both ends of the floor as a TEAM. If these kids could come together and play as a team, and become better passers they would be very hard to handle. I would even say that they could be a handful for Livingston if they could all get on the same page. This team has more talent than when Mathis and Gilliam played no doubt. That team underachieved if you ask me. However, that team played well together and that is the difference. They need that one player to step up and be a leader. Somebody like Davis (assistant coach) when he played refused to lose and was a heck of a player. If we just gel together the Bees could be in good shape!!!! Anyways good luck to JC and the Bees in the rest of the season.

No way this team is even close to the team Upperman had with Lance Mathis and Ryan Hartung. I grew up with those dudes and that team was solid. Both grew up in JACKSON COUNTY i might add and Lance ALWAYS lived in JCounty! They not only had outstanding play at the forward and center spot but they had lights out guards! They had Trey Gillam too! I mean they aren't bad at all they are a good team but imo they aren't on the level of the team your talking about but thats just my opinion.

OK! So then JC fans..........not a word about the #33! I said maybe he had a bad game. Who knows?

What kind of i job is the coach doing? Coach Flynn and Coach Godwin just took a team to the state tournament for the first time in 31 YEARS!!!! ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT OR JUST A MORON? If you remember last years team was 13-15 (thats 13 wins 15 losses for the morons like this one out there) they were picked to finish no better than 4th in the district, they did something no other team in Jackson County Mens Basketball has ever done and thats win a substate game at home, they beat a team (Station Camp) that most have picked to go to the State AA tournament and have competed against AAA Cookeville and AA Upperman when they lost 5 seniors last year and 6 the year before and if not for a few minutes could have won both games and you have to nerve to ask how the coaches are doing? YEP ITS OFFICIAL THIS GUY IS A MORON!

It's so funny to me how people get on here and blast 15-18 year old kids. In one post, they get all over theu for getting on the Godwin kid (which was very uncalled for), then in the next post, midtensportsfan calls two of Upperman's players not good. Calls them by name! I mean, can't we just have normal basketball conversation without putting KIDS down! Do you think these kids don't read this? Do you think they aren't affected by things you so called "experts" think and post? Hopefully, someone has told them that most of the people who post on here aren't very nice and considerate. I would just like to see some intelligence on here. Just my opinion.

It's so funny to me how people get on here and blast 15-18 year old kids. In one post, they get all over theu for getting on the Godwin kid (which was very uncalled for), then in the next post, midtensportsfan calls two of Upperman's players not good. Calls them by name! I mean, can't we just have normal basketball conversation without putting KIDS down! Do you think these kids don't read this? Do you think they aren't affected by things you so called "experts" think and post? Hopefully, someone has told them that most of the people who post on here aren't very nice and considerate. I would just like to see some intelligence on here. Just my opinion.

You know what your right thats pretty friggin pathetic on my part it won't happen again! i will fix it too!

If you are from Upperman why are you so concerned about how Jackson County's coaches are doing anyways? Anyone reading this can figure out ur not from baxter so why are you doing this to one of our own players? Why didn't you talk about the other players turning it over down the stretch? God knows they all did and most more than once. I admit it baxter put it on us the last 4 min of the game but it was all of them not just one of them out there but it was all of them that put the fear of God into baxter as well. JC wasn't even suppose to compete against this team but they are proving to everyone that knows anything about basketball that they will eventually be a team to be reckoned with as the season goes along ESPECIALLY in Class A. So why don't you just tell us all what your real motives are with downing the coaches and the one player? You a parent of a kid thats not playing or related to one of them? something aint right about your posts they STINK like dead fishes!

your post is no better than the post before yours.

classless?? no

disrespectful?? no

moron?? no.

It was a stupid thing to do. He paid for it. Paid with a T. Paid for it with points going on the board at the other end of the court. Paid with a rather uncomfortable conversation with his coach.

It was an emotional mistake. He shouldnt have made it, and he paid the appropriate price.

(if he had taken a swing at someone, or pushed someone, or something like that, then I could have agreed with your post. As it is, I think you are going too far and singling out a kid who let his emotion get the best of him and he has already paid for it)

It was stupid and moronic! The only thing he paid for was the T. . He never came out and Bobby

Mac never said anything to him. . Trust me I know what its like to let emotion get the best of you in a game but to get in an opposong players face who was back behind on the play and taunt them like that is classless! Maybe I'm just old school but thats what I think. . I know the kid and am good friends with some of his family members and this is not something out of the norm!

It was stupid and moronic! The only thing he paid for was the T. . He never came out and Bobby

Mac never said anything to him. . Trust me I know what its like to let emotion get the best of you in a game but to get in an opposong players face who was back behind on the play and taunt them like that is classless! Maybe I'm just old school but thats what I think. . I know the kid and am good friends with some of his family members and this is not something out of the norm!

I think the word "classless" is overused these days. Just because the kid does something he shouldnt have, does not make him classless.

If he played for me, he would have known all about how I felt on the play. I still may not have pulled him out. But he would have paid for it, dearly, in the next practice. And he would never, in his lifetime, forget about how I felt about the play.

But it still does not make him a bad kid. I know a little about the kid too. I dont think he is a bad kid. I also think that calling HIM moronic, stupid and classless are all out of line here.

What he did after the dunk was stupid. What he did after the play was probably moronic. And it lacked sportsmanship.

That does not mean that he is moronic, stupid or classless.

If that is too hard for people to understand, then maybe then need to start posting on a message board for a pro team, where people get paid to take fan abuse.

These are high school kids. They make mistakes, and hopefully they learn from them

ALSO, the coach is not obligated to discipline his kids in public. He/she is not obligated to let any of us know if/how/when or where the discipline happened.

I know a little about the McWilliams fella, not a_lot, but I do know a little. I feel pretty comfortable that he takes care of this business in practice and not in a gym filled with people that dont need to know his business.

This subject needs to be put to bed. It is beyond what anyone needs to be discussing here.

Don't understand all the bashing of the players and coaches of JC. Like one poster said.. first time in 31 years that JC boys have had more success than last years team. Quite an accomplishment for such a small school with very little talent. It would be scary to think how good JC could be if Coach Flynn had a 3rd of the talent that some of the other schools have. I think Coach Flynn gets more out of kids than any coach around.

The Blue Devils have played some of the best schools in the state which will only make them better as the year goes along. Much like Crum did with Louisville in the early 80's. I'm sure Coach wants to win every time his team goes out, but to play and learn from losing a close game is one of the best ways for his players to learn from their mistakes. And the best thing is none of their losses were district games.

I would think at this point of the schedule that coach Flynn is very optimistic about how well his team has progressed thus far. But the schedule doesn't get any easier as the Devils travel tomorrow to play Clarkrange. Very hard place to get a win. Good luck Blue Devils.

I didn't hear any of our fans after the game talking about ,"if we had a real coach." or ," if we had a coach." or " the coaching was just stupid."

I heard this standing in the hallway and walking out to my car from your fans.

Our fans were saying," that was alot closer than I thought it was going to be."

You jump me for calling the guy out by number, some of you did the same thing!

But I didn't hear anyone defending Coach Flynn or the asst. coach

So since no one was defending them and after what I heard after the game , I just asked!

Go ahead and tell me what all you Baxter fans think of our coach! I didn't hear any complaining but go ahead.

I also said maybe the kid had a bad night, I saw one game. Sorry that I called the guy out I just thought he helped our game. So #33 sorry to call you out!

But as for the coaches, I asked what you thought about how they did the job they were hired to do?

It sounded like there was issue there. Just asked.

And NO I do not live in, go to school at or have a kid playing just to let you know.

I think it sooooooooo funny that you would think so little of your own fans to say they posted

it. Truly, I'm so honored!

And thanks to you who called me names also! I didn't call anyone names on here (kid or a person who posts) so thanks. Your alot better of a person than me or any of the others who called people names!