Pre-Season Picks....Hey GOMAB!!!

Stokomo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by COACHHARD:

I agree with Corey Brewer, but Portland is AA in basketball.

His teammate John Ferguson will in the running as well.

What about Josh Stevens with Lipscomb?

I also noticed very few middle Tennessee players on this list???????

Yeah, I say the same thing. I get really tired of reding this board and everyday it is about a great team out of Memphis or out of East TN. No one ever gives anyone out of Middle TN. any recognition. Either there are alot of West/East people on this message board or there are alot of people that don't have a clue about sports and like to plug themselves everytime they get a chance. For Example.....the post that has been going on forvever about Lewis Co. When have they ever been good at basketball????? I am glad that the coached banned them from here because I got tired of reading posts about themselves. GIVE ME A BREAK....

I would love to learn about Middle TN players...but the state title runs through West TN/ Memphis...and thats where the recruiters go too. I would love to hear about Middle TN teams and players though, I guess sometimes the best thing to do is to tell your friends about the site and get them on here (and become a plus member of course ;) )

I stand corrected. He did go to UMASS but never played and dropped out. Demetric is another good player that has dropped off the map. I will give my views soon. Campbelle....you know I "LOVE" Memphis ;) There's no other place I want the AAU State Finals to be next year ;) Seriously though... Memphis is having a down year in quality of players. I remember they had STARS coming out the ears there. Now it is still a hot-bed for talent, but what I see is a lot of players that know they are good and the quality is down right now. Memphis Idlewild back in the day could not be touched around the globe!!!

• 8 years later...

JoVan went to Iowa State and then to another smaller school. Now I don't know what he's doing. You know, east TN has had it's share of athletes that could have made it big. But, for some reason they don't stick to it or aim their goals high enough. Nookie Bailey, JoVan Johnson, Brad Fields, William Miller, Elvin Brown, Andre Anderson, Tylee Henry, JaMichael Mills, Jonathan Wilson, Marty Story, Buddy Sanders, Rashad Wolfe, Shane Williams, & Shane Carnes just to name a few. We have had the athletes in extreme EAST TN. Someone just needs to reach higher to acheive more. :x

I think Rashad Wolfe is the by far the best player db has ever had he carried his team to sub-state by hiself he avg. 24.3 points per game so they need to change all time single season scoring average because they still have tranbauger as the record holder, Wolfe also average 7reboubnds 6 assist and 3 stills a game. i have never seen a player coach his own high school team he ran defenses switch to zone whenever he wanted too. no player in db history has ever had the green light like Wolfe!!!! he scored a thousand poionts in one season so just think if STEVE SHIPLEY wasn't there he would have been a first team all-american i think, everybody in the 1000 point club played at least 3 seasons WOLFE played 1 and a half on varsity. in opinion the best player DOBYNS BENNETT HAS EVER HAD " HANDS DOWN " anybody wanna dispute this i got the stats to proove it.... RASHAD WOLFE BEST PLAYER IN DOBYNS BENNETT HISTORY!!!!!!! but i give respect to the other db athletes especially SKIP BROWN.