CASL College Showcase this Weekend

A little off topic, eh, guys ?

Your point /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> It's not like there is an abundance of band width being utilized on this board now. It seems to be a result of the topic. I'm still not sure I see the real problem or solution. Maybe the problem is rampant in the area of BU and frankly. I think that the coaches I've been familiar with try and teach and improve the players, and they have had a genuine interest in the girls overall development as a player and individual. There is always room for improvement, and things I would like to see different, but not big issues. Maybe if I had several kids, lived in several states, and saw things done several different ways the big problems would be obvious. But in TN, football IS king.....and that won't change, at least not in the near future, so from that point maybe we are doomed. Also given the populations in the state, TN teams fare reasonably well. In the regions last year, I don't believe any of the TN teams got 'run out of town", and they played very competitively.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CASL was a good tournament this year, but COLD....

I believe that there were 400+ college coaches in attendance. Not sure how the coaches were at the satellite locations, but for ERSA 91's 3 games, we had between 20 and 40 coaches watching at least some of each game. For us, about 1/2 of the team has comitted to some college, but the other half hadn't, and it was great to see some of these girls getting serious consideration.

The NCAA games were nice to be able to watch. I'm glad I went....