Saturday or Sunday shows...

Guest timbranard

Guest timbranard

are there any shows reviewing Friday nights on Saturday or Sunday??? I know the tennessean used to have one...do they still? and when does it come on? also greg pogue(?) and murphy fair used to have one...do they still??? and what channel and time and days do these shows come on?

Posted by timbranard:

are there any shows reviewing Friday nights on Saturday or Sunday??? I know the tennessean used to have one...do they still? and when does it come on? also greg pogue(?) and murphy fair used to have one...do they still??? and what channel and time and days do these shows come on?

Tim, I believe the Pogue/Fair show has been off the air for three years now. I remember it in '97 and '98 (on Fox I believe), but unless it has moved to an obscure station, I'm not sure it exists anymore. Too bad. Those guys were definitely not polished, but they provided the essentials - scores and highlights.

I think 99.7 WTN has a pretty good radio show on Friday nights.

Posted by rollredroll:
Posted by timbranard:

Tim, I believe the Pogue/Fair show has been off the air for three years now. I remember it in '97 and '98 (on Fox I believe), but unless it has moved to an obscure station, I'm not sure it exists anymore. Too bad. Those guys were definitely not polished, but they provided the essentials - scores and highlights.

I think 99.7 WTN has a pretty good radio show on Friday nights.

All of the Chattanooga TV Stations have a 20-25 Minute Show on Friday Nights with Highlights & Scores! i think the only Nashville stationthat does that is Channel 2.

Our network has produced a Saturday morning scoreboard show for more than 20 years which airs on various outlets throughout the state. It's a ten-minute recap of the scores from each of the state's three regions. In middle tennessee it's carried on 1450 WGNS as part of their Saturday morning recaps. I don't have an affiliate list as it's still being finalized but the show is heard all over the state, but the times vary.

Brant Douglas, TN Radio Network

Posted by trnbrant:

Our network has produced a Saturday morning scoreboard show for more than 20 years which airs on various outlets throughout the state. It's a ten-minute recap of the scores from each of the state's three regions. In middle tennessee it's carried on 1450 WGNS as part of their Saturday morning recaps. I don't have an affiliate list as it's still being finalized but the show is heard all over the state, but the times vary.

I think my local AM station has had that Scoreboard show on in the past on Saturday mornings after they rebroadcast the game from Friday Night. If its the same show I have always liked listenig to it. :rolleyes:

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-23-02 11:38A]

That would be the one... Thanks for listening! We won't be doing a week 0 show tomorrow but we'll be on starting next saturday the 31st.

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by trnbrant:

I think my local AM station has had that Scoreboard show on in the past on Saturday mornings after they rebroadcast the game from Friday Night. If its the same show I have always liked listenig to it. :D

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-23-02 11:38A]

:(