McGavock Invitational Fri. & Sat. Dec. 12-13Whose

sloppey

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House is.

Is anyone capable of giving me list of schools that will be at the tournament this Friday and Saturday ? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Also wondering if there will be any weight allowance

Is anyone capable of giving me list of schools that will be at the tournament this Friday and Saturday ? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Also wondering if there will be any weight allowance

These teams are on the flyer. Everyone gets one pound on friday because a couple of teams are wrestling on thursday.

Antioch

Arab ALA>

Beech Bolton

Cane ridge

david lipscomb

DCA

Ensworth

Fairview

Forrest

Glenncliff

Heritage

Hillwood

Hume-fogg

Hunters lane

Mc Gavock

MLK

MOntgomery central

MT Juliet

Page

Smyrna

TSB

Warren COunty

White House

Just curious.......

36th Annual = 2008

33rd Annual = 2007

?? Annual = 2006

30th Annual = 2005

?? Annual = 2004; no idea what number it was but Arab won it

What the heck kind of numbering system do you guys use up there?

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Just curious.......

36th Annual = 2008

33rd Annual = 2007

?? Annual = 2006

30th Annual = 2005

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

That I have no clue on !!! But will Bama be bringing any state champs this year maybe some 2X or possibly even 3Xers

Just curious.......

36th Annual = 2008

33rd Annual = 2007

?? Annual = 2006

30th Annual = 2005

Go easy, cypherin is a new concept in some areas. Right now we're just trying to keep guys from pulling down their pants when counting to eleven

That I have no clue on !!! But will Bama be bringing any state champs this year maybe some 2X or possibly even 3Xers

Not sure how to take that, so I have 2 answers:

1 - If that was meant sarcastically, no. Arab makes the trip to McGavock every year. They've never won state in AL, and I don't think have ever had more than 2 state champs on a single team and rarely have repeat state champs. At McGavock, they've won 2 of the last 4 and finished 2nd the other 2 of the last 4 (once to Antioch by 5.5 points, and once to Oxford, also from AL). We (well, most of us that don't have our heads in the sand anyway) will readily admit that TN is much better (read: progressed) in wrestling than AL. The number of schools that field a team in TN versus that of AL alone will give some indication. Yes, we have several multiple time state champs, but my opinion is that it's due to sheer lack of depth down here. Rest assured, AL's multiple timers can go toe-to-toe with TN's best on any given year. We're optimistic that we'll catch you guys one day (and GA too, for that matter).

2 - If that wasn't meant sarcastically (although it sure sounded like a slap), then I completely misunderstood your tone (easy to do.......stupid internet).

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Arab won't be as strong this year, but they should finish top 4 at McGavock. Ones to watch:

103 Colt Grace = 2008 State 4th @ 103

or 103 Will Stephenson

119 Chaz Jones = 2008 State 3rd @ 112, 2007 State Qualifier @ 125

125 Jarod Stephenson = 3x State Runner-up @ 119, 112, 103, won the last 3 McGavock tourneys

135 Jes Smith = 2008 State Qualifier @ 125

152 Blake Suttles

285 John Smith, 2008 State 3rd @ 285, 2007 State Qualifier @ 285

We still need varsity rosters from:

FRA

Mt. Juliet

MLK

Lighthouse Christian

Sycamore

And also need JV rosters from:

Forrest

FRA

Mt. Juliet

Hume Fogg

Hunters Lane

MLK

TSB

Lighthouse Christian

Sycamore

Whitehouse

You have to get in contact with Ellie Chason. Email her at ellie.chason@comcast.net. Pretty simple. She has to give you login information so you can enter your roster here. http://student.cusd15.k12.il.us/wrestle/

She has no information on the above schools. She as emailed us and is threatening to drop them from the tournament. Please get in touch with her ASAP.

Not sure how to take that, so I have 2 answers:

1 - If that was meant sarcastically, no. Arab makes the trip to McGavock every year. They've never won state in AL, and I don't think have ever had more than 2 state champs on a single team and rarely have repeat state champs. At McGavock, they've won 2 of the last 4 and finished 2nd the other 2 of the last 4 (once to Antioch by 5.5 points, and once to Oxford, also from AL). We (well, most of us that don't have our heads in the sand anyway) will readily admit that TN is much better (read: progressed) in wrestling than AL. The number of schools that field a team in TN versus that of AL alone will give some indication. Yes, we have several multiple time state champs, but my opinion is that it's due to sheer lack of depth down here. Rest assured, AL's multiple timers can go toe-to-toe with TN's best on any given year. We're optimistic that we'll catch you guys one day (and GA too, for that matter).

2 - If that wasn't meant sarcastically (although it sure sounded like a slap), then I completely misunderstood your tone (easy to do.......stupid internet).

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Arab won't be as strong this year, but they should finish top 4 at McGavock. Ones to watch:

103 Colt Grace = 2008 State 4th @ 103

or 103 Will Stephenson

119 Chaz Jones = 2008 State 3rd @ 112, 2007 State Qualifier @ 125

125 Jarod Stephenson = 3x State Runner-up @ 119, 112, 103, won the last 3 McGavock tourneys

135 Jes Smith = 2008 State Qualifier @ 125

152 Blake Suttles

285 John Smith, 2008 State 3rd @ 285, 2007 State Qualifier @ 285

Will Arab still be making the trip with the weather going down like this in this the tournament doesn't get canceled

?