REGION 5-1A ALL-REGION WINNERS

FridayMainEvent

I'd be shocked if he left. That would make absolutely no sense unless he is going to a college team. He left back-back championships with a strong team returning in the largest classification to go to MTCS. So I can't imagine him leaving unless a lot of things weren't as he was told they would be. Keep us posted.

C11: the boys were told today. He is leaving. Boys are obviously shocked and devastated. They absolutely bought into and believed in Coach Shad. He made them better and I am a big fan of what he did for them. I don't know the reasons or the inside scoop -- I just absolutely hate that the boys have to go through this type of heartbreak.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C11: the boys were told today. He is leaving. Boys are obviously shocked and devastated. They absolutely bought into and believed in Coach Shad. He made them better and I am a big fan of what he did for them. I don't know the reasons or the inside scoop -- I just absolutely hate that the boys have to go through this type of heartbreak.

I have no clue what happened since this is the first I've heard of it. I'd have to assume he had issues with the school or he got a once in a lifetime offer from somewhere. Maybe BullDogsAllTheWay can shed some light on it.

I'm with you on that one CoffeeBreak. Supposedly it was a money issue...

I know you get a certain number of all-region spots based on where you finish. I think the voting for MVP and all that is just done by the coaches.

Here is mine:

Ethan Tummins (McEwen)- MVP (I think he meant more to his team. That team doesn't make the playoffs without him, cascade could have still got the ball to Happy and Hord)

Nathan Coats (MTCS)- Defensive Player of the Year (This is totally biased but I watched this kid every single game and he was in on every single play. He has the best nose for the football I have seen in several years and he did it most of the season with a cast on his hand. He will be even better next year moving over to MLB and playing strong side.. I think he ended up with close to 130 TOTAL tackles (just so cascade doesnt go off about solo and individual and sacks and tackles for loss) Anytime you are in on 130 plays as a defender you did something good)

Clarksville Academy Kid- Kicker of the Year (Don't know his name, but hit FG's against us and consistenly put ball in endzone on kickoffs)

Phillip Shadowens- Coach of the Year (2-8 to 7-4, first playoff appearance, I dont think there is much debate how much he did for that program, hopefully he doesnt bolt for Bolton)

*A case can be made for Adkins, but I think it is still Shad

All-Region: (dont know a lot of o-line men or d-line but here is my shot at it)

QB- Carkuff (Cascade)

RB- Tummins (McEwen)

RB- Wade (MTCS)

WR- Nelson (Eagleville)

WR- Happy (Cascade)

TE- Wilson (Eagleville)

OL- Waldron (MTCS)

OL- Jo Byrns the whole line

OL- #74 from WHH (the big guy, he was very good for his size)

LB- Nick Moore (Eagleville)

LB- Dylan (Jo Byrns)

LB- Brunsvold (MTCS)

LB- Coats (MTCS)

DB- Hord (Cascade)

DB- Abrigo (Forrest)

DB- McWright (Nashville Chr)

DB- Guy from Jo Byrns that had 10 picks

K- Cville Ac & Molder (Cascade)

P- Beasley (MTCS) other than the Forrest game, he hit some bombs

KR/PR- Raphael (Eagleville) & Hord (Cascade)

Just my rough list... By the way 11, MTCS might be losing their coach. Have you heard the rumors?

I understand that you had the most exposure to MTC, but I doubt they have more all region players than the 3 teams who finished ahead and I'm sure McEwen will have more than 1.

I was just throwing people out who impressed me. I dont remember names of all the guys, and frankly I could careless right now about the all region team, with what is going on at MTCS. It is ridiculous that this has happened.

true no honor among men huh /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

are there any mentions of defensive linemen i dont see any on the previous post

if not there should be and i would say that the front 4 for jobyrns should be there 3 for sure nordie bohler and shelton combined for close to 180 tackles a 12 or so sacs .

Tyler Carter, a Cascade Defensive end, ? had 85 tackles, 9 sacks, and 1 interception as an undersized D-lineman. ? He also carried the ball 67 times for 315 yards and 8 touchdowns in spot duty at fullback. ? I'd say he earned a spot also.

I was just throwing people out who impressed me. I dont remember names of all the guys, and frankly I could careless right now about the all region team, with what is going on at MTCS. It is ridiculous that this has happened.

My heart goes out to MTCS football team. I went through this at the beginning of my senior year, it wasn't a good feeling to say the least.

I can't believe one of the most obvious picks hasn't been mentioned. Actually saw somebody talking about him on a region 6 thread and it reminded me. #5 for Jo Byrns would be the most obvious selection for Defensive MVP. I don't know of anybody all season Cascade was more concerned about on the defensive side of the ball.

I can't believe one of the most obvious picks hasn't been mentioned. Actually saw somebody talking about him on a region 6 thread and it reminded me. #5 for Jo Byrns would be the most obvious selection for Defensive MVP. I don't know of anybody all season Cascade was more concerned about on the defensive side of the ball.

Have to agree with you on that C11. He caused problems for most everyone we played!