Who will be new MTCS coach?

mofototo50

I wouldn't say he bailed. He's just taking the better job. MTCS were very lucky to win the 7 games they won this year. He just didn't like going to the playoffs and losing in the first round.

Well I can imagine anyone who loses in the first round of the playoffs would be disappointed, but how much can you expect from a team that was 2-7 a year ago with essentially the same players? I mean, obviously they set their goals high, but they've got to be realistic...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Mitchell would probably go to Blackman with him as DC, if he didn't have a head coaching position. I know in the past he has wanted to be a head coach and I think this is the perfect opportunity for it. His defense was the reason this team was a playoff team last year, they only got gave up big points to Cascade, McEwen, and Wayne Co. I think it would be nice if the kids didn't have to learn a new system for the third straight year as well.

To answer the question on C of C affiliation, I know his family is from the church, I just don't know what affiliation they are with.

To answer question on family/daughter thing, his daughters are going to Blackman. I know one of his kids had problems with the girls basketball coach at MTCS, like many have. But you can't argue with success and that girls basketball program is the most successful thing they got going.

To answer question on why... supposedly it was money, although I dont see that being an issue with the way Throneberry treated him.

I don't blame him for taking a job at a bigger school if he had never had one. This guy is throwing it in Smyrna and MTCS face. Smyrna had a stud team coming back this year and made it to the Quarters, but he left. Then he comes to MTCS and promises the kids the whole world, and they believe him, then suddenly one day he says I am gone. I am angry for the kids and what they have to go through because like I said, nobody deserves to be treated like they are right now.

MTCS has to make a good hire, or the football program there might never recover.

Coach Mitchell would probably go to Blackman with him as DC, if he didn't have a head coaching position. I know in the past he has wanted to be a head coach and I think this is the perfect opportunity for it. His defense was the reason this team was a playoff team last year, they only got gave up big points to Cascade, McEwen, and Wayne Co. I think it would be nice if the kids didn't have to learn a new system for the third straight year as well.

To answer the question on C of C affiliation, I know his family is from the church, I just don't know what affiliation they are with.

To answer question on family/daughter thing, his daughters are going to Blackman. I know one of his kids had problems with the girls basketball coach at MTCS, like many have. But you can't argue with success and that girls basketball program is the most successful thing they got going.

To answer question on why... supposedly it was money, although I dont see that being an issue with the way Throneberry treated him.

I don't blame him for taking a job at a bigger school if he had never had one. This guy is throwing it in Smyrna and MTCS face. Smyrna had a stud team coming back this year and made it to the Quarters, but he left. Then he comes to MTCS and promises the kids the whole world, and they believe him, then suddenly one day he says I am gone. I am angry for the kids and what they have to go through because like I said, nobody deserves to be treated like they are right now.

MTCS has to make a good hire, or the football program there might never recover.

Don't be such a drama queen. ? The guy got our program exponentially ahead of where anyone else would of in that period of time. ? We will survive with or with him. ? The kids will take away from this experience the knowledge that they are Good enough to succeed at this level. ? 

I'm not going to try and figure out why it happened. ? This is a common occurence in the coaching profession. ? For whatever reason, he decided that the Blackman job was a better fit for him. ? The reason is irrelevant. ? I'm thankful for what he taught the kids this year and wish him well in his new job. These kids are old enough that they understand a person has to do whats best for himself and his family and they will survive.

Yes, that's why Coach Shad and his family started attending a C of C 3 weeks before he was hired at MTCS.

Rumor has it that he was promised different things and MTCS never came through. If someone lies to you about your current job, are you planning to stay. NO WAY!!!! MTCS needs not to promise the new head coach anything and see how far that gets you. Good luck Boss. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

This stinks! I'd like to know why this happened. What happened to the "daughter-family" thing? I don't know what has happened but at this point the coach looks bad.

i agree with you Moto that is pretty low if you ask me he should'nt have took the job if he was not gonna stick it out,,,,seems to me he used them for a yr

I can promise you I am not being a drama queen, but when they hire someone that the kids don't like or respect then most of them will quit. You know football is not a big deal at the school and sports in general are taken very lightly. Most of these kids from what I have heard do not want to to go through dealing with a 3rd coach in 3 years and they most certainly don't want a coach like they had before Shad. Thats why it is bad on them and nobody else. Shad obviously can do whatever he wants because he has been successful the past couple years, and while I do think it is kind of a jerk move (eg. Bobby Petrino/Nick Saban) he has the right to do what he wants not matter who he hurts or pisses on.

Well I can imagine anyone who loses in the first round of the playoffs would be disappointed, but how much can you expect from a team that was 2-7 a year ago with essentially the same players? I mean, obviously they set their goals high, but they've got to be realistic...

Look at what Oakland accomplished after a 3-7 record. It can be done, but it ain't easy, i'll grant you that.