How does DivisionII-AA shape up for next year?

mobile24

I, for one, would like to see schedules first. There are DI schedules flying around left and right, but I have yet to see the first DII schedule. I always find this time of year interesting for DII schools, as you are almost guaranteed to see one or more blockbuster opponents from out-of-state show up on somebody's schedule and occasionally an interesting matchup or two with a large DI school within the state.

MUS retains most of the offense but will have to replace 10 defensive starters.

As for their schedule, they will play some big games....(not sure of their locations)

vs. South Panola (MS)

vs. Millington

Also, I was told that they were contacted by Pratville (AL) the other day about playing next season. MUS currently has a full slate, but if they can move a game, then they would definitely have a formidable schedule.

MUS retains most of the offense but will have to replace 10 defensive starters.

As for their schedule, they will play some big games....(not sure of their locations)

vs. South Panola (MS)

vs. Millington

Also, I was told that they were contacted by Pratville (AL) the other day about playing next season. MUS currently has a full slate, but if they can move a game, then they would definitely have a formidable schedule.

If true, that is great!

This is what I love about schools like MUS and the like. We read about coaches who say, "So-and-so has contacted us about playing", and yet we wonder if we're getting lip service (and based on the schedules that ultimately come out, that appears to be the case). In this league, when you see a school attached to a big-name school in a schedule, it usually comes true.

Kudos MUS.

If true, that is great!

This is what I love about schools like MUS and the like. We read about coaches who say, "So-and-so has contacted us about playing", and yet we wonder if we're getting lip service (and based on the schedules that ultimately come out, that appears to be the case). In this league, when you see a school attached to a big-name school in a schedule, it usually comes true.

Kudos MUS.

I noticed mobile24's previous post didn't have any out-of-state games for MBA. I always look forward for MBA's schedule to come out because they usually take on a Trinity,KY or Bolles,FL. Is it true? No out-of-state competition next year? Do you know about BA's schedule?

Also, I wish MUS would've played South Panola this year. Losing 10 starters on defense won't bode well for them against a team of that calibur.

I noticed mobile24's previous post didn't have any out-of-state games for MBA. I always look forward for MBA's schedule to come out because they usually take on a Trinity,KY or Bolles,FL. Is it true? No out-of-state competition next year? Do you know about BA's schedule?

Also, I wish MUS would've played South Panola this year. Losing 10 starters on defense won't bode well for them against a team of that calibur.

The MBA schedule posted above is the first I've seen for the school. Yes, it looks like no OOS competition if true. Granted, I knew MBA would not be returning to the Herbstreit (they don't invite OOS schools in consecutive years, and earlier this season, I heard rumblings from my Ohio contacts that their 2009 TN targets - if they would even return to a TN school in 2009 - were MUS or Brentwood Academy), and, quite frankly, I think Trinity may still be licking their wounds from the last series with MBA (although Trinity certainly does not back away from competition themselves), but there are certainly other OOS programs to play. I guess the stars did not align for 2009.

I have not seen BA's 2009 schedule. They have played an OOS opponent for 26 straight seasons. I am sure we may see another one, and probably a good one.

MUS will be OK. Coach Alston will have the troops ready, and Brunetti alone will make everyone around him better. Still, as you said, there is not much room for error against a team like South Panola. My hat is off to MUS for diving into that matchup.

The MBA schedule posted above is the first I've seen for the school. Yes, it looks like no OOS competition if true. Granted, I knew MBA would not be returning to the Herbstreit (they don't invite OOS schools in consecutive years, and earlier this season, I heard rumblings from my Ohio contacts that their 2009 TN targets - if they would even return to a TN school in 2009 - were MUS or Brentwood Academy), and, quite frankly, I think Trinity may still be licking their wounds from the last series with MBA (although Trinity certainly does not back away from competition themselves), but there are certainly other OOS programs to play. I guess the stars did not align for 2009.

I have not seen BA's 2009 schedule. They have played an OOS opponent for 26 straight seasons. I am sure we may see another one, and probably a good one.

MUS will be OK. Coach Alston will have the troops ready, and Brunetti alone will make everyone around him better. Still, as you said, there is not much room for error against a team like South Panola. My hat is off to MUS for diving into that matchup.

MUS will be able to score next year, no doubt. Their formidable backfield returns intact. They do need to find some

ends and WRs to replace Reed et al. As to defense, well, Alston usually finds a way to be respectable. At the start of this season, I feared MUS might be in several games where they simply had to outscore the opposition. That never happened. As for next year, all I can say is the rising seniors never lost a game from 7th grade through JV, so I expect they'll manage, with some key underclassmen.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody seen official schedules for DII schools? Kinda curious to see if any out of state games are scheduled.

This is taken from BA's football section on their web page:

BRENTWOOD ACADEMY

Southwind (Memphis) - Home

Father Ryan - Home

PJPII - Home

BGA - Away

Ensworth - Away

Baylor - Home

MBA - Away

McCallie - Away

They still have two unscheduled dates, so maybe there is some hope left for an out of state opponent.

Also, Southwind = HUGE surprise..