Reginald Buckner or John Jenkins

yankees8589

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Reggie over Jenkins....& Thaddy over Reggie.

Reggie is the real deal and Jenkins is too but Thaddy was Caaa Razzyyy GOOD!

i was never quite sold on Thad Young. Jr. year his team was upset in substate! His senior year he was shut down by a THEN group of nonames from liberty tech in the second half. If you're 6'9" and can do it all how can you be locked down by a 6'6" and 6'5" devon jones and josh sain and company? I mean yes, the kid could play, but i'm sorry.... my senior year, i'm the all-american, and my team is struggling in teh second half of the state championship..... I"M GONNA TAKE THE heck OVER! I sat and watched in amazement as he just kinda fell in the shaddows and let the others on his team do all the shooting all the while as their 15 pt or so lead was dwindiling FAAAAAASSSST! I watched him drive to the middle of the lane just at the FT line down 2 pts and instead of elevating and shooting he passes out to a kid that shot a major brick! Now of course any of us that know about Mitchell know the coaching was highly suspect but still..... i'm the ALL-AMERCIAN..... I'M TAKING OVER! Also, I do understand however everyone has bad games or halfs or whatever.

As for if he could make it to all-pro in the NBA... i think he should have stayed in college a few years... both he and the kid from Brentwood Acadamey that went to NC (another GREAT PLAYER IN THE SAME YEAR WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT... Brandon something) got bad advice and i think that will hurt them in the long run. The potential is surely there for both.

Sorry, didnt mean for this to come of as a Thad Young bashing session!

i was never quite sold on Thad Young. Jr. year his team was upset in substate! His senior year he was shut down by a THEN group of nonames from liberty tech in the second half. If you're 6'9" and can do it all how can you be locked down by a 6'6" and 6'5" devon jones and josh sain and company? I mean yes, the kid could play, but i'm sorry.... my senior year, i'm the all-american, and my team is struggling in teh second half of the state championship..... I"M GONNA TAKE THE heck OVER! I sat and watched in amazement as he just kinda fell in the shaddows and let the others on his team do all the shooting all the while as their 15 pt or so lead was dwindiling FAAAAAASSSST! I watched him drive to the middle of the lane just at the FT line down 2 pts and instead of elevating and shooting he passes out to a kid that shot a major brick! Now of course any of us that know about Mitchell know the coaching was highly suspect but still..... i'm the ALL-AMERCIAN..... I'M TAKING OVER! Also, I do understand however everyone has bad games or halfs or whatever.

As for if he could make it to all-pro in the NBA... i think he should have stayed in college a few years... both he and the kid from Brentwood Acadamey that went to NC (another GREAT PLAYER IN THE SAME YEAR WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT... Brandon something) got bad advice and i think that will hurt them in the long run. The potential is surely there for both.

Thats a good point you make. I saw that game as well. Mitchell imploded from within!!!!!!!!

Good point and I was there too and remember it like yesterday but on a lighter note, Liberty was that good. They stepped up to the challenge of playing a great player. My opinion Thad is/was the truth and he definitly made the right decision to come out

Thats a good point you make. I saw that game as well. Mitchell imploded from within!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS A GOOD POINT, BUT LOOK WE CAN FIND THAT IN LAST YEARS PERFORMANCE OF BUCKNER AS WELL.

MANASSAS UP BY DOUBLE FIGURES LATE IN THE GAME AGAINST A UNDERSIZED UC THEN ...... WHAT HAPPENS.

UC LEAD BY MJ BROWN, BEGINS TO MAKE A RALLY.REGINALD PROBABLY DIDN'T TOUCH THE BALL IN THE OFFENSIVE SET THREE GOOD TIMES IN THE FOURTH.EVERY TIME MJ BROWN WOULD SHOOT AND CONNECT. ONE OF THE GUARD FROM MANASSAS WOULD JUST GO BACK DOWN AND FIRE IT UP.BROWN GOT TO THE LANE SEVERAL TIMES IN THE SECOND HALF BY DRIBBLE PENETRATION AND DISHING OR SCORING HIMSELF.

NOW I COULD EASILY SAY THAT IF BUCKNER IS A POTENTIAL ALL AMERICAN HE SHOULD HAVE TOOK OVER THE GAME BUT IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN LIKE THAT. MANASSAS WAS A TEAM, MITCHELL WAS A TEAM AND TEAMS MESS UP AND COACHES HAVE TO TAKE SOME OF THAT RESPONSIBILITY...SORRY.MAN I THINK YOUNG WAS BETTER PLAYER FOR HIS POSITION ON THE COLLEGE LEVEL, BUT THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED ANOTHER YEAR ALSO.

THAT WAS A GOOD POINT, BUT LOOK WE CAN FIND THAT IN LAST YEARS PERFORMANCE OF BUCKNER AS WELL.

MANASSAS UP BY DOUBLE FIGURES LATE IN THE GAME AGAINST A UNDERSIZED UC THEN ...... WHAT HAPPENS.

UC LEAD BY MJ BROWN, BEGINS TO MAKE A RALLY.REGINALD PROBABLY DIDN'T TOUCH THE BALL IN THE OFFENSIVE SET THREE GOOD TIMES IN THE FOURTH.EVERY TIME MJ BROWN WOULD SHOOT AND CONNECT. ONE OF THE GUARD FROM MANASSAS WOULD JUST GO BACK DOWN AND FIRE IT UP.BROWN GOT TO THE LANE SEVERAL TIMES IN THE SECOND HALF BY DRIBBLE PENETRATION AND DISHING OR SCORING HIMSELF.

NOW I COULD EASILY SAY THAT IF BUCKNER IS A POTENTIAL ALL AMERICAN HE SHOULD HAVE TOOK OVER THE GAME BUT IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN LIKE THAT. MANASSAS WAS A TEAM, MITCHELL WAS A TEAM AND TEAMS MESS UP AND COACHES HAVE TO TAKE SOME OF THAT RESPONSIBILITY...SORRY.MAN I THINK YOUNG WAS BETTER PLAYER FOR HIS POSITION ON THE COLLEGE LEVEL, BUT THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED ANOTHER YEAR ALSO.

One simple question...what would Thad have gained by staying at Georgia Tech for two or three years???

One simple question...what would Thad have gained by staying at Georgia Tech for two or three years???

It has taken Thad a couple seasons in the NBA to begin to come into his own.He could have worked on those small aspects of his game over the summer and during his sophomore season.Then he would have matured more and entered the draft with a higher stock - demand and making an impact immediately.If you think back he did not dominate night in and night out at Georgia Tech, but he had youth on his side and tremendous upside ,so he was taken in the draft.If he had gotten, injured a NBA team could have took their loses and used him as trade bait or something, but if he was a high stock player like one more year would have made him and the unfortunate happened ,then the NBA would have had to wait on his recovery and use him.

very good comparison arguments... didnt even think about the manassas/ uc situation last year! pretty much the exact thing huh...

I AGREE 100%. He would have gained nothing. Here's why:

I think every 1st round rookie has the first 2 years locked in and the team has options on years 3 and 4. After that I think they are flat out free ageant. I had much rather make a few million and get better than stay in college. He was ready anyway. I can think of several million reasons to go.....two million this season.

74 games......21 minutes a game as a rookie 8 pts 4 rbs 54% FG 74% FT

23 games......33 minutes a game this season 13 pts 5 rbs 47% FG 72% FT

Young's progression is right in target and he doing quite well. People shoud understand rarley does a kid step into the NBA knocking down 17 to 20+ a game. Maybe two or three rookis a year do it and they usuaaly don't even average 20 a game. A mid to low level double figure scorer that shoots a good percentage in his 2nd season is very good in the NBA. How old is Thad anyway, something like 21 I think. Imagine what he will be like at 25/26 years old. I see him eventually being an All Star Type player wiht one of those Huge contracts. Your absolutley right in my opinion...He made the right move.

It has taken Thad a couple seasons in the NBA to begin to come into his own.He could have worked on those small aspects of his game over the summer and during his sophomore season.Then he would have matured more and entered the draft with a higher stock - demand and making an impact immediately.If you think back he did not dominate night in and night out at Georgia Tech, but he had youth on his side and tremendous upside ,so he was taken in the draft.If he had gotten, injured a NBA team could have took their loses and used him as trade bait or something, but if he was a high stock player like one more year would have made him and the unfortunate happened ,then the NBA would have had to wait on his recovery and use him.

Mr. Yankee covered it quite well in his last post... This is Thad's 2nd season in the NBA, last year he played a vital starting role in Phillys playoff run...2nd team all rookie, NBA lottery picK. Clj looking back most college freshman don't dominate night in and night out....I'll give you Beasley, Carmelo and Kevin Durant of recent years.