Station Camp over Upperman

up2late

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Okay...you are forgiven. Bless your heart I am really sorry though /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....some things are just out of our control.

thank you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I appreciate that. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

But, for my troubles, I grew up watching Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Jay Vincent, Sam Vincent, all of them were College all americans, and NBA'ers. Earvin and Sam have multiple NBA championship rings. My high school team, my senior year, had 6 future NCAA Div1 basketball players on the roster, and one NCAA high jump champion. My high school put, along with Earvin, 3 other players in the NBA. One more still possible, but not likely.

The games between Earvin and Jay, who played across town, were EPIC. They would sell out Michigan State's arena for regular season games. And then the two teams met again in the District tourney every year. Unlike the tssaa tourney, in michigan it was a one and done tourney. If you lose, you go home. So the winner of that game was the favorite to win it all, each year.

man, great memories. Sorry to hijack, sometimes I ramble!!! hahahaha

This opinion is strictly the opinion of GatorBill Inc, and is intended for GatorBill Inc and his audiences use only. Any other use, transmission or interpretation will be dealt with to the fulllest extent of the law. The Opinion of GatorBill Inc, does not necessarily refect the opinion of CoachT.com, its owners or subsidiaries

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job by the officiating crew tonight !!!

GB - Why does it seem that when things do not go Upperman's way things tend to escalate emotionally for the Bee's ?

It happened last year and you and I had a similar discussion on how the "officiating crew" prompted it by "letting the game get out of hand"

I agree that it usually stems from a small percentage of fans (<1%) - but every year ??????

Nice job by the officiating crew tonight !!!

GB - Why does it seem that when things do not go Upperman's way things tend to escalate emotionally for the Bee's ?

It happened last year and you and I had a similar discussion on how the "officiating crew" prompted it by "letting the game get out of hand"

I agree that it usually stems from a small percentage of fans (This opinion is strictly the opinion of GatorBill Inc, and is intended for GatorBill Inc and his audiences use only. Any other use, transmission or interpretation will be dealt with to the fulllest extent of the law. The Opinion of GatorBill Inc, does not necessarily refect the opinion of CoachT.com, its owners or subsidiaries[/b]

Gator you hit pretty close on answering the question. I agree with King you gotta love it , its always been part of the game. JJ played an awesome game. He over came the triple teams, adjusted to the way the game was being called, and pressure from the stands. That's pretty special as a player and a person.

Judging by the posts and smack on this thread and others, the answer to the question is pretty simple. When you play Upperman you usually get what your (Looking) for. King don't take this wrong but your usually closer to that one 1% than me. Am i close on this one.

Quite the soap opera you guys got going there. I know the feeling. A lot of people know of me on this site so I will probably be starting more trouble but... We are a rather new school that won our distric after our first 3 or 4 years, add that to a couple of very cocky players and a coach that no one likes to much, especially the ref's and we have been labled bad guys for the rest of our lifes. We have kids on the team now that don't even know who that team was and can not figure out why we have 10 fouls and are opponents 0. We also have a very good player (my son) (we will definetly hear about this) who averaged 23 and 3 last year and is doing the same this year and he gets absolutely no respect. Now, they will say I am just a whihning father but any kid that can put up 21 point in 8 minutes in the fourth with no support has something special. We beat a team that everyone thought wopuld be a top contender in the district and nobody said a word. Got real quiet. So let them say what they will. Funny though, nobody has much to say at the games though, very quiet there? And like I said, they all know who I am. I believe it is called "internet balls" ? Sorry to use your post to vent. I am sure this will get back to the coach who will then yell at me for egging them on. Only live once and my time may be limited so I really dont give a HOOT! Again, sorry, just got caught up in the moment.

Quite the soap opera you guys got going there. I know the feeling. A lot of people know of me on this site so I will probably be starting more trouble but... We are a rather new school that won our distric after our first 3 or 4 years, add that to a couple of very cocky players and a coach that no one likes to much, especially the ref's and we have been labled bad guys for the rest of our lifes. We have kids on the team now that don't even know who that team was and can not figure out why we have 10 fouls and are opponents 0. We also have a very good player (my son) (we will definetly hear about this) who averaged 23 and 3 last year and is doing the same this year and he gets absolutely no respect. Now, they will say I am just a whihning father but any kid that can put up 21 point in 8 minutes in the fourth with no support has something special. We beat a team that everyone thought wopuld be a top contender in the district and nobody said a word. Got real quiet. So let them say what they will. Funny though, nobody has much to say at the games though, very quiet there? And like I said, they all know who I am. I believe it is called "internet balls" ? Sorry to use your post to vent. I am sure this will get back to the coach who will then yell at me for egging them on. Only live once and my time may be limited so I really dont give a HOOT! Again, sorry, just got caught up in the moment.

You won't catch any extra crap from me, either here or in person. I try to take enough time between the game and the time that I sit at my computer so that I have settled the emotional side of a game. I didnt have a kid involved and I still get deeply into this stupid game.

If we meet later in the year, or if we are even in the same gym come tourney time, I would love to speak with you in person. It would be great to talk one on one. It is also much better to do that than to put some of my views here in writing. Sometimes, when I post an opinion, it reads with a different attitude than I intend it to be. It would be a good conversation, I think you would understand that I am neither mean, nor spiteful.

Tell your kid to keep a smile on his face, and in the words of a former MSU football coach "work hard and keep your mouth shut, and good things will happen"

And above all else, keep his head out of the stands. The worst thing a player can do is to react to what is being said in the stands. If you google "earvin johnson msu" and look at the images tab, 9 out of every 10 picture of Earvin shows him with a grin from ear to ear. Even when he is in the heat of battle. There is no one on the planet that is a more fierce competitor than Earvin was, no one. And there is no one that got more joy out of playing the game than Earvin. Most kids playing today could use this advice, so Im not exactly singling anyone out here.

Good luck the rest of the season. I hope to see you at Tourney time!!

This opinion is strictly the opinion of GatorBill Inc, and is intended for GatorBill Inc and his audiences use only. Any other use, transmission or interpretation will be dealt with to the fulllest extent of the law. The Opinion of GatorBill Inc, does not necessarily refect the opinion of CoachT.com, its owners or subsidiaries

You won't catch any extra crap from me, either here or in person. I try to take enough time between the game and the time that I sit at my computer so that I have settled the emotional side of a game. I didnt have a kid involved and I still get deeply into this stupid game.

If we meet later in the year, or if we are even in the same gym come tourney time, I would love to speak with you in person. It would be great to talk one on one. It is also much better to do that than to put some of my views here in writing. Sometimes, when I post an opinion, it reads with a different attitude than I intend it to be. It would be a good conversation, I think you would understand that I am neither mean, nor spiteful.

Tell your kid to keep a smile on his face, and in the words of a former MSU football coach "work hard and keep your mouth shut, and good things will happen"

And above all else, keep his head out of the stands. The worst thing a player can do is to react to what is being said in the stands. If you google "earvin johnson msu" and look at the images tab, 9 out of every 10 picture of Earvin shows him with a grin from ear to ear. Even when he is in the heat of battle. There is no one on the planet that is a more fierce competitor than Earvin was, no one. And there is no one that got more joy out of playing the game than Earvin. Most kids playing today could use this advice, so Im not exactly singling anyone out here.

Not even Larry Bird...just joking. You have always been as respectful as anybody Ive ever seen post on here....SERIOUSLY!!! I could probably learn a lesson or two from you. Old habits are had to break though!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not even Larry Bird...just joking. You have always been as respectful as anybody Ive ever seen post on here....SERIOUSLY!!! I could probably learn a lesson or two from you. Old habits are had to break though!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I try, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I do try. Im not sure if there are a whole bunch of lessons to learn from me, but I appreciate it.

I would say Earvin and Larry are equals in the competitiveness department. I have always hated LB, but I have to respect the heck out of him.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you,

My kid put up 30 points with 6 three's last night. My only question to him was " Did you have fun, did you enjoy yourself"? He said, "Yeah, I had a great time". I know he gave 100% on both ends so I didn't have to ask that, he always does. I only ask for two things from him, 1. give it 100%, anything worth doing is worth doing right. 2. If you are not having fun, quit! So far, he has excelled in both so I can't ask for more and I couldn't be prouder. I am not one of those dillusional parents that have dreams of D-1 or the NBA. Now a scholarship to a small christian college or a NAIA or even state. It all helps my wallet and would be a great learning experience for him. Which after all, this is all for them, the kids. I am usually the one that can't keep his mouth shut? 46 and still learning.

Thank you,

My kid put up 30 points with 6 three's last night. My only question to him was " Did you have fun, did you enjoy yourself"? He said, "Yeah, I had a great time". I know he gave 100% on both ends so I didn't have to ask that, he always does. I only ask for two things from him, 1. give it 100%, anything worth doing is worth doing right. 2. If you are not having fun, quit! So far, he has excelled in both so I can't ask for more and I couldn't be prouder. I am not one of those dillusional parents that have dreams of D-1 or the NBA. Now a scholarship to a small christian college or a NAIA or even state. It all helps my wallet and would be a great learning experience for him. Which after all, this is all for them, the kids. I am usually the one that can't keep his mouth shut? 46 and still learning.

Good Luck to your son...I wish him the best!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you,

Sounds like great advice. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I wish him well.

Im with you on the mouth thing. Fortunately, I landed a seat this year that keeps me from running my mouth like I might normally have done!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But yet, everyone still has to listen to me all game. hahaha, kind of poetic justice in a way!!!