Volunteer Classic

supertoe

Four interesting matchups to get things started tomorrow. If I had to place an early bet, I'd go with the winner of the Elizabethton-South game to be the odds on favorite. This has the potential to be a great game. South is coming off an impressive beating of Central and Betsy took care of Hampton and is playing well as of late. Coach Campbell will be at the place where has a good winning percentage but the Johnson County matchup could be interesting. Mo-East and Crockett is another toss up game and the homestanding Falcons probably got the best "draw" with a rebuilding Gate City program which should get them to the winners brackett.

Don't think South will pose that much of a challenge.

Crockett not nearly as bad as they looked against Betsy the first time.

Not sure about MoEast. They were tough last year.

Boone used to own this tournament, but not this year. These tournaments take one thing Boone is short on this year - experience. They will certainly gain some this year, which will help in the next couple of seasons.

Morristown East beat Elizabethton 56-55 in an overtime thriller with more twists and turns than I care to report. Elizabethton controlled the first three quarters and held a 42-28 lead before a furious rally by East in the fourth quarter. Congratulations to the Hurricanes and as always.....Go Cyclones!!!!!

Morristown East beat Elizabethton 56-55 in an overtime thriller with more twists and turns than I care to report. Elizabethton controlled the first three quarters and held a 42-28 lead before a furious rally by East in the fourth quarter. Congratulations to the Hurricanes and as always.....Go Cyclones!!!!!

Couple of good mental wins for Volunteer and good game with Elizabethton. Look out Big 9, here we come!!! Go Falcons!!!