Dickson County

kappy

The good ole boy network is still alive in DC. The only thing is the boys have changed. If Phil Fulmer applied Williams or Holley would still get the job because they are the closest in the good ole boy network. That is just the way it is in DC so you might as well accept it!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hopefully Fulmer doesn't show up in Dickson !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good ole boy network is still alive in DC. The only thing is the boys have changed. If Phil Fulmer applied Williams or Holley would still get the job because they are the closest in the good ole boy network. That is just the way it is in DC so you might as well accept it!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This will be Principal Ed Littleton's biggest and most high profile hire in his tenure. He might have the opportunity to hire a proven winner in Crabtree from Beech who always wins a bunch of games each year with classy, hard nose teams but a real boring offensive philosophy imo. Principal Littleton could hire Komisar (Hillsboro D-Coordinator) whose D held the mighty Maryville Rebels to only 7 points (trick play) in the State Championship game. Anyone who has seen Hillsboro play this year (4 times on TV) knows that they have an exciting throw the ball around offensive philosophy with balance and an All-State running back the last 3 years. He could hire one of the 4 assistants that went 1-9 last year and maybe one of these guys can bring a gold ball to Dickson County.

This will be Principal Ed Littleton's biggest and most high profile hire in his tenure. He might have the opportunity to hire a proven winner in Crabtree from Beech who always wins a bunch of games each year with classy, hard nose teams but a real boring offensive philosophy imo. Principal Littleton could hire Komisar (Hillsboro D-Coordinator) whose D held the mighty Maryville Rebels to only 7 points (trick play) in the State Championship game. Anyone who has seen Hillsboro play this year (4 times on TV) knows that they have an exciting throw the ball around offensive philosophy with balance and an All-State running back the last 3 years. He could hire one of the 4 assistants that went 1-9 last year and maybe one of these guys can bring a gold ball to Dickson County.

Easy Rover. Boring or not, Beech wins. Hillsboro was winning before you guys got there.....no trick in that.

Are the Dickson assitants qualified.........a couple are......but the point is......Dickson is inbred as far as the coaching tree. No new branches. ...........hence, no new results. Its their school and hire.........if they choose to remain so, then so be it. But......you get what you pay for..........if the menu never changes.....you will lose customers......EVEN McDonalds trys our something new everynow and then!

Easy Rover. Boring or not, Beech wins. Hillsboro was winning before you guys got there.....no trick in that.

Are the Dickson assitants qualified.........a couple are......but the point is......Dickson is inbred as far as the coaching tree. No new branches. ...........hence, no new results. Its their school and hire.........if they choose to remain so, then so be it. But......you get what you pay for..........if the menu never changes.....you will lose customers......EVEN McDonalds trys our something new everynow and then!

Hey, this "Rover" gave much praise to Beech and Crabtree but it is just my opinion that the triple stack/two tight end set is boring. You might think that the Maryland Triple Stack is the best offense in America and that is ok. Hillsboro never beat Maryville until 2008 and knocked off the nation's longest high school winning streak at 74 games. You have to be able to pass a little bit and understand passing concepts in order to beat a Rankin or Quarles coached team imo. I am aware of what Dickson has done in the past and they may or may not continue to look "in house" for the answer. Principal Littleton will have to make this decision.

Hey, this "Rover" gave much praise to Beech and Crabtree but it is just my opinion that the triple stack/two tight end set is boring. You might think that the Maryland Triple Stack is the best offense in America and that is ok. Hillsboro never beat Maryville until 2008 and knocked off the nation's longest high school winning streak at 74 games. You have to be able to pass a little bit and understand passing concepts in order to beat a Rankin or Quarles coached team imo. I am aware of what Dickson has done in the past and they may or may not continue to look "in house" for the answer. Principal Littleton will have to make this decision.

The decision has been made. It is just a matter of tying up loose ends and getting through this week unscathed. Not sure when the official announcement will come.

So your assumption is then no one understands passing concepts that Maryville played until Hillsboro........hmm.......lest I be mistaken, in 74 games Rankin coached teams played Maryville several times as well as many other very well coached teams. Hillsboro won, fair enough.......but anyone who thinks there is only one way to win, which is the mantra of most "offense of the month" club members..........this time its the spread.........are silly. Hillsboro won a state championship running the ball in the wing t......you guys won one spreading it out...........all that tells me is Hillsboro is now an has been a well coached, good football school. There are more than a few staffs who would win....maybe more, maybe less, with the same talent.

Congratulations to Troy.......he deserves it.

From what I can gather Dickson County Football has been run by Jerry Pearson who was an assistant there but you might as well call him the Head Coach. He has been coaching there for a number of years and has retired and came back into coaching many times over the past and his offense has always been the smoke stack I. Crabtree coached with Pearson and that is where he learned that offense while at Dickson. Pearson and Bledsoe are both 60 + in age. Surely the assistants there now have different philosophies than those. I am not sure of their ages but I doubt they have 60 year old assistants.

So your assumption is then no one understands passing concepts that Maryville played until Hillsboro........hmm.......lest I be mistaken, in 74 games Rankin coached teams played Maryville several times as well as many other very well coached teams. Hillsboro won, fair enough.......but anyone who thinks there is only one way to win, which is the mantra of most "offense of the month" club members..........this time its the spread.........are silly. Hillsboro won a state championship running the ball in the wing t......you guys won one spreading it out...........all that tells me is Hillsboro is now an has been a well coached, good football school. There are more than a few staffs who would win....maybe more, maybe less, with the same talent.

Congratulations to Troy.......he deserves it.

First let me say congratulations to Troy on getting the job if that is the case. Secondly, it appears that you believe that many staffs have the blueprint to beat Maryville which is comical. Third, Scott Blade HC at Hillsboro gets paid to speak about the "offense of the month" at various clinics throughout the Country. I'm sure your team and staff will be playing at all the 7 on 7 tournaments this summer in order better prepare your team for an opportunity to play for a gold ball.

if Troy deserve it why did he leave the last time the job came open and he did not get it.is that being fair to the coaches that have been there.

I am going to take a stab at this. When Pearson "retired" for the fourth or fifth time, Coach Williams was given the "interim" tag. I think he took them through spring practice that year. When Pearson decided to come back yet again, Coach Williams decided to take a job at David Lipscomb. I know he is back at Dickson County coaching, and I believe he is also an assistant principal. I may be wrong about that. DIckson County seems to have a history of coaches leaving and coming back. That tells me two things, sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side, and they come back home where the grass is plush. On the other hand, local homeboys for years have been trying to "go back home" and have been turned away for whatever reason. I think Mr. Littleton has made his mind up on a coach. I would think that he is finishing up interviews this week and will make an announcement early next week. That is all speculation of course. Whomever it is, good luck.

First let me say congratulations to Troy on getting the job if that is the case. Secondly, it appears that you believe that many staffs have the blueprint to beat Maryville which is comical. Third, Scott Blade HC at Hillsboro gets paid to speak about the "offense of the month" at various clinics throughout the Country. I'm sure your team and staff will be playing at all the 7 on 7 tournaments this summer in order better prepare your team for an opportunity to play for a gold ball.

Ok Fido........do you think he is the ONLY guy in the world who gets paid to speak at clinics and win gold balls??

You make us all laugh.......but typical..........good luck in the future guru.

I hope that Coach Williams is the new coach at Dickson County. I'm sure there were good people interested in the job, but I assure you there is none better than Troy Williams. To question his loyalty is absurd. In his first year out of college he coach at Lewis County where he made a lasting impression with his knowledge of the game and maturity. He left LC to go back Home. After being bypassed the first time, he had an opportunity to coach at David Lipscomb with Glenn McAdams. He spent one year as defensive coordinator then left to become an assistant principal back Home. He is very loyal and a high character person and will bring DC back to where they was when he played. I think it??™s a good thing to have a hometown head coach. Who loves DC football more that Coach Williams? No one! Good luck Coach, DC is blessed to have you.