Wes Elrod not coaching at Wilson Central anymore?

2priceless

Ok, all you Wilson County fellows.....I heard that Coach Wes Elrod, the ultimate MASTER of the WINGT, will NOT be returning to Wilson Central to coach! My source is a pretty good one!

Let's examine a few things.....

Wilson Central before Elrod = Losing season after losing season, a laughingstock in 5A football

Wilson Central adds Alexander as head coach and gains Elrod as OC= winning season and starting to get respect

Alexander leaves.....and so does Elrod...

Alexander goes to Cumberland and doesn't wow anyone

Aric gets head coach= offense changed around all through the season= DISASTER

Elrod returns =Playoff bound and defeats Riverdale for first time in history!!

Draw your OWN conclusions to what this spells for Wilson Central.

Who was the catalyst for the success??

ELROD!!

Bad news for WC= Good news for everyone else !

Fact or Fiction?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping that I was wrong......thanks for the clarification.

Big loss for the Wildcats. I say ante up the funds and convince him to change his mind. I have talked to MANY WC fans AND players over the years and you are correct in saying there is much respect for Elrod. He is the reason for their success. Any outsider can testify to that.....along with their DC. Plus he is a total class act!

I say this ship is sinking. The players would have to already be upset with Aric trying to bail on them to BHS as is...then this......doom!

Aric made a mistake trying for BHS when the majority of us know that job was a DONE deal before Wells even got the ax. That is a FACT! I have an inside source that says Aric wasn't even #2 on the list.

It is true that Coach Elrod is re-retiring. He is simply slowing down some and is a little ticked at the powers that be that run Wilson County Schools. Have fun taking it easy coach, you are one of the good ones!

I bet as soon as some folk see this thread, his phone will start jingling with some offers that he may not be able to turn down. If I were Coach A at Riverdale, I would snap him up. LOD would be ecstatic....as Elrod WILL pass.

I bet as soon as some folk see this thread, his phone will start jingling with some offers that he may not be able to turn down. If I were Coach A at Riverdale, I would snap him up. LOD would be ecstatic....as Elrod WILL pass.

Yes it is true that Coach Elrod is leaving. The real shame of it is the fact he runs a WingT that CAN win! If R'dale is going to contine to run it he IS NEEDED at R'dale!

Wes Elrod is a VERY good man and even BETTER Coach! Man runs a WingT that is like what Ga Tech is running and WINNING with!

If he does decide to stay retired, all I can say is good luck Coach because you WILL be missed.

Yes it is true that Coach Elrod is leaving. The real shame of it is the fact he runs a WingT that CAN win! If R'dale is going to contine to run it he IS NEEDED at R'dale!

Wes Elrod is a VERY good man and even BETTER Coach! Man runs a WingT that is like what Ga Tech is running and WINNING with!

If he does decide to stay retired, all I can say is good luck Coach because you WILL be missed.

his wingt was nothing like ga. tech.

Coach Elrod did not retire but was told his services were no longer needed. Head Coach called him on the phone and said he had decided to take the offense over.

Noooooooo way the HC would be that foolish. If so, the HC has been taking some excelrated courses on how to organize and call an offense. His offense 3 years ago was as bad as it gets (NO IDENTITY). Otherwise, egoes sometimes cloud our judgement.

Noooooooo way the HC would be that foolish. If so, the HC has been taking some excelrated courses on how to organize and call an offense. His offense 3 years ago was as bad as it gets (NO IDENTITY). Otherwise, egoes sometimes cloud our judgement.

I agree.......ask Beech fans how well he did w/o Elrod!!

Big mistake and could be a career-ending move for Aric.

Where is the LOYALTY these days?