Wes Elrod not coaching at Wilson Central anymore?

2priceless

I was wrong! according to this mornings City Paper; it is Hunters Lane. That was a very good move by Coach Cambell. He will certainly make that District interesting. Now exactly why did he leave Wilson Central? He lives in that area doesn't he? I did not know that he and Campbell had worked togeher once before.

One more time,......... He was told by the head coach that his service as the "OC" was no longer needed.

The head coach will be running the off. now!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Wes Elrod he is a very good Coach and a very fine man! Wilson Central will not be the same with out him!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Coach Elrod was not fired and whether or not WC is successful next season has nothing to do with Coach Elrod. The coaching staff will produce next year just as they have the last two years. Coach Elrod was not the only coach at WC and the coaching staff that is still there does a great job with the boys (young men) on the team. The boys (young men) on the team have great respect for the present coaching staff. Things aren't always what they appear to be and maybe we don't know everything that was going on at WC with the team, players and coaches. Maybe we should let the present coaching staff do their job and wait to judge them. I doubt losing Coach Elrod will be a detriment to the team.

Quote ( Iknowsomething @ Jan 12 2009 - 09:19 PM)

"I doubt losing Coach Elrod will be a detriment to the team."

Everyone has an opinion. I think most people that I know

would disagree with your last statement. One thing for sure,

WC will not be the same team next year!

"I doubt losing Coach Elrod will be a detriment to the team."

Everyone has an opinion. I think most people that I know

would disagree with your last statement. One thing for sure,

WC will not be the same team next year!

I have to respectfully disagree. The DC is good and the defense has remained good each year. The year prior to Elrod and Alexander leaving they were good on o. The following year it was bad and very grab baggy. The past 2 years since his return once again they have had great records and been very good on offense. My opinion only.

I have to respectfully disagree. The DC is good and the defense has remained good each year. The year prior to Elrod and Alexander leaving they were good on o. The following year it was bad and very grab baggy. The past 2 years since his return once again they have had great records and been very good on offense. My opinion only.

I was just responding to Iknowsomethings last statement of "I doubt losing Coach Elrod will be a detriment to the team." I too believe that Coach Elrod made a big difference in the WC offense. I guess we will see what they bring next year?

I was just responding to Iknowsomethings last statement of "I doubt losing Coach Elrod will be a detriment to the team." I too believe that Coach Elrod made a big difference in the WC offense. I guess we will see what they bring next year?

While Coach Elrod may be a good coach or may have been a good coach in his time, what you may not realize is that when Alexander and Elrod left they did not leave much behind at WC for the new coaching staff to work with. That same year they also lost Troy Crane. The team lacked senior leadership, the team had 5-6 new coaches and community support for the team was nonexistent. The same year that Wes Elrod returned so did Troy Crane. Maybe some of the credit lies with Troy Crane and not with Wes Elrod.

While Coach Elrod may be a good coach or may have been a good coach in his time, what you may not realize is that when Alexander and Elrod left they did not leave much behind at WC for the new coaching staff to work with. That same year they also lost Troy Crane. The team lacked senior leadership, the team had 5-6 new coaches and community support for the team was nonexistent. The same year that Wes Elrod returned so did Troy Crane. Maybe some of the credit lies with Troy Crane and not with Wes Elrod.

Troy Crane is definitely a good asset. However, the guy that made the offense work was Wes Elrod. If Aric stays at WC they will change to a different offense because he cannot call the wing-t effectively. Maybe he learned something from Elrod this time but I doubt it. Time will tell!

I don't know about Troy Crane, but I do know Coach Elrod. I will be around to watch the new offense

next year. I would like to hear what you have to say around mid season next year! Good luck to

WC and the new additions to the coaching staff, without Elrod, you are going to need it.