lincoln co/ franklin

lincolncofan

Posted by lincolncofan:

I would love to hear any details on how this game went.

The first drive of the game Franklin drove the length of the field and scored. Two plays later they intercepted it. The first play Franklin threw a forty one yard pass to the one. Backed up by penelties they ended up missing the field goal. With mistakes they let LC hang around and eventually #12 broke loose and scored. LC missed the extra point. With 1:30 left LC got the ball at around their own 20 or so. #12 broke a run that looked like he was gonna score down and was run down inside the ten. LC fumbled on the 1 or 2 with 3 seconds left.

Rain set in during the forth quarter. I think the playing of the game on Sat. really threw off the players routines and affected their play. LC was much weaker than was expected.

[Edited by redraider68 on 8-25-02 12:48A]

Posted by redraider68:
Posted by lincolncofan:

The first drive of the game Franklin drove the length of the field and scored. Two plays later they intercepted it. The first play Franklin threw a forty one yard pass to the one. Backed up by penelties they ended up missing the field goal. With mistakes they let LC hang around and eventually #12 broke loose and scored. LC missed the extra point. With 1:30 left LC got the ball at around their own 20 or so. #12 broke a run that looked like he was gonna score down and was run down inside the ten. LC fumbled on the 1 or 2 with 3 seconds left.

Rain set in during the forth quarter. I think the playing of the game on Sat. really threw off the players routines and affected their play. LC was much weaker than was expected.

Posted by redraider68:
Posted by lincolncofan:

that was a pretty close summary of the game i guess.lincoln co. had a real shot to win at the end.but fumbled it away.looks like they could have gotten more than 2 plays off in a minute .as for the falcons being weak you could be right you have seen plenty of weak teams in redraider uniforms in recent years. see ya in about 8 weeks and see if you feel the same then.this was not the lincoln county team you will be seeing then.we had a kid or two out there tonight that did not want to hit anyone.surely the coaches will see this on film and do the right thing and make the proper changes or it might be a long year for the falcons.i think with ist and goal no.28 gregory should have been in at tailback .he is by far a much more powerfull back and what time he did play tonight ran over a lot of defenders.like to hear other comments from lc fans that were at the game.

i'm a franklin fan but i agree with you that the play out there was a lot sloppier then i think it would have been had they played friday night. both teams played their hearts out and while i think franklin probably should have won by a few more considering they had it in the red zone several times, i take no credit away from lincoln co. who did a heck of a job stopping those drives when they needed to. all in all, it was a pretty exciting game and i wish the best for the falcons whom i think have a legitimate team this year.

Posted by greyfox1953:
Posted by redraider68:
Posted by lincolncofan:

that was a pretty close summary of the game i guess.lincoln co. had a real shot to win at the end.but fumbled it away.looks like they could have gotten more than 2 plays off in a minute .as for the falcons being weak you could be right you have seen plenty of weak teams in redraider uniforms in recent years. see ya in about 8 weeks and see if you feel the same then.this was not the lincoln county team you will be seeing then.we had a kid or two out there tonight that did not want to hit anyone.surely the coaches will see this on film and do the right thing and make the proper changes or it might be a long year for the falcons.i think with ist and goal no.28 gregory should have been in at tailback .he is by far a much more powerfull back and what time he did play tonight ran over a lot of defenders.like to hear other comments from lc fans that were at the game.

Greyfox I agree with your statement about #28. He did a very nice job last night, once he got in. Also I had a question about the #72 kid. I heard people talking that last night was the first time he had been in the games. Is he new to the team? He was very impressive during the first quarter before he appeared to get a little gassed. I think in a few weeks when he gets in better shape he will be a monster that must be dealt with.

Greyfox I agree with your statement about #28. He did a very nice job last night, once he got in. Also I had a question about the #72 kid. I heard people talking that last night was the first time he had been in the games. Is he new to the team? He was very impressive during the first quarter before he appeared to get a little gassed. I think in a few weeks when he gets in better shape he will be a monster that must be dealt with.

was #72 the right or left defensive tackle? i just remember the right one being a lot harder to block than the left one. also, how many freakin' defensive ends to those guys have? it seems like they had a new one every few downs or so.

Posted by fhsTE84:

I believe he was the right DT. He was tall and tended to try and use the swim move.

was #72 the right or left defensive tackle? i just remember the right one being a lot harder to block than the left one. also, how many freakin' defensive ends to those guys have? it seems like they had a new one every few downs or so.