MatMan Week 5 Rankings Posted

ghouse

The week 5 MatMan rankings have been posted at the Tennessee Wrestling Federation website.

You can find them at the link below:

http://www.tennwrestling.com/rankings/08-09/Week5.html

I believe the Independence tournament results were factored in to the DI rankings but they were not used for the DII rankings. The DII rankings were submitted prior to the Independence tournament.

Feel free to keep sending in results to the guys doing the rankings. It is the best way for them to get their information!

Let's hear what you have to say.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering ........... How can wrestlers be ranked at weights they have not wrestled at all year?

Maxwell hasn't been at 103, Graham has been at 135, Herron hasn't wrestled at all. I'm sure there are others I missed.

Maxwell has wrestled at 112 all year, but recently was cleared to wrestle at 103. Also, he is a returning state medal winner there and is currently the only returning medallist at that weight.

Graham is the returning champion at 130 and from my understanding is dropping to that weight after Christmas.

Herron is returning from injury and is a returning state medallist.

How is Tony Tolbert ranked at 140 when Johnathan Taylor ran through the McCallie Tournament at that weight?

Taylor did in fact run through that weight at McCallie, but it is reported to me that he will be wrestling at 145 this year. I was informed that it will be Tolbert at 140. Taylor is ranked at his proper weight and so is Tolbert.

Just wondering ........... How can wrestlers be ranked at weights they have not wrestled at all year?

Maxwell hasn't been at 103, Graham has been at 135, Herron hasn't wrestled at all. I'm sure there are others I missed.

Maxwell has not wrestled at 103 but is certified their. We all decided it would be good to wrestle at 112 during the most of the year. He bounces between 106-109 depending on what he eats or drinks till he has to be on the way down with the decent plan for 105. Nick has had a blast this year and has grown up allot. We understand if he is taken off the rankings. No matter what rank you are, you still have to climb the ladder from the beginning. Good luck to your wrestlers.

Thanks for the earlier post on him at 112.

I have watched your rankings for a long time and have wondered where you get your information. In the past I have pondered your predictions. An example is current, for weeks you all have ranked Shawn Garrett (E. Literature) in 145. Well, as so many of us know, he has nor been allowed to return to the team. Why? Perhaps Matman would know. Well, no, you have no idea so you have rated him although he has not wrestled any this year at 145. In fact, he weighed at 160 and you still rated the young man. So, how do you rate any wrestlers? I see no new wrestlers rated, no reasons given for your ratings, and no real support for any of your forecasts except an occasional win or school -based outcome. Come on, get real and provide the crowd with a basis for your words. Updates on single tournaments give no support for your words; many have no faith in your rankings dribble.

your post about matman not know what he is doing is really sort of silly...this guys knows just about every wrestler in the state...spends alot of time on it...and has reasons (see his post above) for all that he does...he will not get it perfect...no one will...but as the season progresses...he is just about as close as one can get...

calm down...back off...enjoy the rankings (that is why they are there...to enjoy) and let the guys wrestle over the long season to work it all out

or...you start a website and do them yourself (no sarcasm here at all...just an honest thought) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

your post about matman not know what he is doing is really sort of silly...this guys knows just about every wrestler in the state...spends alot of time on it...and has reasons (see his post above) for all that he does...he will not get it perfect...no one will...but as the season progresses...he is just about as close as one can get...

calm down...back off...enjoy the rankings (that is why they are there...to enjoy) and let the guys wrestle over the long season to work it all out

or...you start a website and do them yourself (no sarcasm here at all...just an honest thought) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

what he said.....good post.

I have watched your rankings for a long time and have wondered where you get your information. In the past I have pondered your predictions. An example is current, for weeks you all have ranked Shawn Garrett (E. Literature) in 145. Well, as so many of us know, he has nor been allowed to return to the team. Why? Perhaps Matman would know. Well, no, you have no idea so you have rated him although he has not wrestled any this year at 145. In fact, he weighed at 160 and you still rated the young man. So, how do you rate any wrestlers? I see no new wrestlers rated, no reasons given for your ratings, and no real support for any of your forecasts except an occasional win or school -based outcome. Come on, get real and provide the crowd with a basis for your words. Updates on single tournaments give no support for your words; many have no faith in your rankings dribble.

The only thing dribbling is a whole bunch of crap out of your mouth. You don't know Hamm, you couldn't do any better, and you won't even attempt it. So why don't you do everyone on here a favor and hush your mouth.

It sounds like your a 145 pounder that is upset that a kid that is not even wrestling is ranked, and you are not. Either that or its your son.

Maxwell has wrestled at 112 all year, but recently was cleared to wrestle at 103. Also, he is a returning state medal winner there and is currently the only returning medallist at that weight.

Graham is the returning champion at 130 and from my understanding is dropping to that weight after Christmas.

Taylor did in fact run through that weight at McCallie, but it is reported to me that he will be wrestling at 145 this year. I was informed that it will be Tolbert at 140. Taylor is ranked at his proper weight and so is Tolbert.

when will tolbert be returning from his injury?

As far as I know, Graham is staying at 135 and the team hasn't had the wrestle-off yet between Herron and Colbaugh. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />