2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

The chiefs scrimmage East Hamilton Hurricanes today @ 5:00pm @ Sequoyah. I am looking forward to see how much the Chiefs have improved since the Heritage Scrimmage. I think people will be surprised at the improvement. Go Chiefs!

Chiefs play Sweetwater in the second quarter of the Loudon Jamboree on Friday 8/14. Go Chiefs, lets pound those cats!!!

Heard the scrimmage went good for the Chiefs, can anybody give me some stats?

I thought we looked much improved! I don't have any stats but here is a recap of what I saw.

chiefs #1 vs Hurricances #1 - 4 TD -0

Chiefs #2 Def vs Hurricances #1 - 0TD - 1 TD

Chiefs JV vs Hurricances JV - 0TD - 0TD

Chiefs Freshmen Vs Hurricances Freshmen - 0TD - 1TD

Defensively - We were solid! Bell had two BIG hits in backfield from LB, Whited had int and nice return, Helms,Peels,Workman,Arp soild up front, Stewart, Bell, SKS, looked good at LB.

Off - Backs- Stewart, Black,Zitch ran the ball really hard with several nice runs. QB - Rogers overcame a early int to finish strong. 1 Dropped long pass (Should have been TD), 1 TD pass to Zitch for about 30yards. Coleman - directed nice long drive, no mistakes. O-Line - It is great to have SKS back, much improved Peels,Arp, SKS, Petit,Workman, Helms. Rec-Dropped Td pass, Good down field blocking. Only ran one series in passing formation (Result 1 TD drive)

Good Job chiefs - Keep working hard everyday! We must still improve to be where we need to be. We got a chance to see a lot of reserve players get valuable playing time. Fr - McCain looked outstanding at DE. If we can build depth we have a chance to surprise a lot of teams!

Thx for the update, Lil Bell said the o-line was better, it was good that the D had a good showing. Wasnt sure what the Hurricanes were bringing to the table. Wildcats are next, are we going to show anything?

GO CHIEFS!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic