2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

Our run game will hold its own this year, by no means was I trying to take away from the big uglies. I really feel like we had a great run game last season, but this years team has a good all around game. I feel like we could learn alot from Alcoas (or Fultons) short screen game, ya know getting the ball to your playmakers out in the open, with some big uglies leading the way. People say you gotta have a good run game to open up the passing game, I believe you use your game along with your short passing game to open up the deep ball. And if anybody has been watching we got some speed at wideouts with Bell, Martin, Z-Mac and the Whited kid is looking better everyday! Getting Black and Owens out in the open with screen passes would open up the deep threat. Helms looked good tonight also at the TE spot, made some good diving grabs. As far as the lineman go, we got some experience with Workman, Peels and Stinehardt, now add in Wiggins, Pettit and Arp and that not to shabby. Anyway, I'm just rambling, last season good run game, this season, IMO, we are good all around.

I think the lineman will be okay, alot of people think they lost to much to rebound. But they were alot of decent sized kids on the sideline last season that should feel in nicely. In my opinion I would have liked to see more screen passes ran the last few seasons.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the lineman will be okay, alot of people think they lost to much to rebound. But they were alot of decent sized kids on the sideline last season that should feel in nicely. In my opinion I would have liked to see more screen passes ran the last few seasons.

With Steinhardt on the sidelines and not sure if he will be able to play at all, it really is a big hole to fill on the line. It's like we graduated and extra starting lineman last year. I'm not saying that the line won't be alright, but filling in those holes will be the key to this offense going places.

Team looked much better at Heritage last night. Zitch and Whited had good games receiving. Pass defense looked much better than last week.

Our run game will hold its own this year, by no means was I trying to take away from the big uglies. I really feel like we had a great run game last season, but this years team has a good all around game. I feel like we could learn alot from Alcoas (or Fultons) short screen game, ya know getting the ball to your playmakers out in the open, with some big uglies leading the way. People say you gotta have a good run game to open up the passing game, I believe you use your game along with your short passing game to open up the deep ball. And if anybody has been watching we got some speed at wideouts with Bell, Martin, Z-Mac and the Whited kid is looking better everyday! Getting Black and Owens out in the open with screen passes would open up the deep threat. Helms looked good tonight also at the TE spot, made some good diving grabs. As far as the lineman go, we got some experience with Workman, Peels and Stinehardt, now add in Wiggins, Pettit and Arp and that not to shabby. Anyway, I'm just rambling, last season good run game, this season, IMO, we are good all around.

I see no mention of the Huffman kid? Is he still with the team? GO CHIEFS!!

With Steinhardt on the sidelines and not sure if he will be able to play at all, it really is a big hole to fill on the line. It's like we graduated and extra starting lineman last year. I'm not saying that the line won't be alright, but filling in those holes will be the key to this offense going places.

Team looked much better at Heritage last night. Zitch and Whited had good games receiving. Pass defense looked much better than last week.

IMO our line didnt really lose that much in the exectpion of Christian Bell that hurt our line the most we didnt really lose anything with Roberts and Stienhardt wasnt playing on the line Coach S was using him in the FB spot but the loss of Stienhardt really hurt our defense. We have 2 returning lineman in Workwan and Peels I dont know about the other 3 but I dont think that our line will be that bad where we will just have to constantly throw the football but thats just my opinion

IMO our line didnt really lose that much in the exectpion of Christian Bell that hurt our line the most we didnt really lose anything with Roberts and Stienhardt wasnt playing on the line Coach S was using him in the FB spot but the loss of Stienhardt really hurt our defense. We have 2 returning lineman in Workwan and Peels I dont know about the other 3 but I dont think that our line will be that bad where we will just have to constantly throw the football but thats just my opinion

Steinhardt played all year on the line last year. In the two years he has been starting at guard, I think he was as good as there was in the region. IMO if he was moved to fullback without a replacement that is as good as he has been, it weakens the line. Workman and Peels are good lineman but they are only 2 of a group of 5. The holes left by Bell and Steinhardt outweigh any positions that have to be filled. If you saw any of the JV games last year you saw that the o-line in those games was not their strong suit. Now that is not saying that whoever comes up paired with the current lineman won't do well. I hope they do, my kid will be one of the guys running the ball. They have had a year of hitting the weights, working out, and gaining maturity. I'm looking forward to the season when we can see how they do.

Steinhardt played all year on the line last year. In the two years he has been starting at guard, I think he was as good as there was in the region. IMO if he was moved to fullback without a replacement that is as good as he has been, it weakens the line. Workman and Peels are good lineman but they are only 2 of a group of 5. The holes left by Bell and Steinhardt outweigh any positions that have to be filled. If you saw any of the JV games last year you saw that the o-line in those games was not their strong suit. Now that is not saying that whoever comes up paired with the current lineman won't do well. I hope they do, my kid will be one of the guys running the ball. They have had a year of hitting the weights, working out, and gaining maturity. I'm looking forward to the season when we can see how they do.

Yes I agree with you that moving Steinhardt to FB hurt the line but what I was saaying is that he wouldnt of played on the line this year anyways.Stienhardt would help alot but I can tell that you are from Vonore the way that you think that he would make an impact.

Yes I agree with you that moving Steinhardt to FB hurt the line but what I was saaying is that he wouldnt of played on the line this year anyways.Stienhardt would help alot but I can tell that you are from Vonore the way that you think that he would make an impact.

What does being from Vonore have anything to do with it?

Did you attend any games the last 2 seasons? If he is able to be on the field he will make an impact.

Well, who is working at center?

I see no mention of the Huffman kid? Is he still with the team? GO CHIEFS!!

Hey Doc, I think him and Dyer both are playing baseball still in Florida with the Impact team out of Knoxville, should be back soon. I to would have like to seen him in the 7 on 7, what can you do.

Did you attend any games the last 2 seasons? If he is able to be on the field he will make an impact.

Well, who is working at center?

Guess it's time for me to chime in. First of all losing Steinhardt was a very big blow to this team. Yes Coach did move him to the backfield and I ask you if you were a middle LB would you want to him him coming at you to lay a block on you? Now when the team scrimmaged Wartburg we had problems moving the ball down the field when we ran to the side where Big Bell and Steinhardt played last year. Before the scrimmage was over Coach moved Steinhardt back to his guard position and we moved the ball right down the field. So I feel like if we struggled at the line of scrimmage Coach would have moved Steinhardt back to the line. All of this is now a mute point. He is recovering well but still a long way to go. Moving on we need Sellin, Arp and Wiggins to step up. Wiggins is a big ole strong kid and he has improved each year, Sellin is a Sr and this is his chance for some serious playing time, Arp has played for years and knows the game well. Now for the rest of the line Workman and Peels will be fine was glad to see coach leave them together. During the Spring plays run to their side averaged better than 10 yards a play. They know each other well and make changes at the line of scrimmage if they see the need and when they double team even I could get 8 to 10 yards running behind them. At the center position last year Roberts done a great job. To answer your question Slobber this year look for Pettit at Center. He has gotten alot stronger since last season and will do good in the middle. Now with this all being said can we run the ball? Yes we can run the ball we can protect our QB and we have kids that can go get the deep ball. So we should be ok Offensively. Sorry for the long winded post guys.

GO CHIEFS!!

Guess it's time for me to chime in. First of all losing Steinhardt was a very big blow to this team. Yes Coach did move him to the backfield and I ask you if you were a middle LB would you want to him him coming at you to lay a block on you? Now when the team scrimmaged Wartburg we had problems moving the ball down the field when we ran to the side where Big Bell and Steinhardt played last year. Before the scrimmage was over Coach moved Steinhardt back to his guard position and we moved the ball right down the field. So I feel like if we struggled at the line of scrimmage Coach would have moved Steinhardt back to the line. All of this is now a mute point. He is recovering well but still a long way to go. Moving on we need Sellin, Arp and Wiggins to step up. Wiggins is a big ole strong kid and he has improved each year, Sellin is a Sr and this is his chance for some serious playing time, Arp has played for years and knows the game well. Now for the rest of the line Workman and Peels will be fine was glad to see coach leave them together. During the Spring plays run to their side averaged better than 10 yards a play. They know each other well and make changes at the line of scrimmage if they see the need and when they double team even I could get 8 to 10 yards running behind them. At the center position last year Roberts done a great job. To answer your question Slobber this year look for Pettit at Center. He has gotten alot stronger since last season and will do good in the middle. Now with this all being said can we run the ball? Yes we can run the ball we can protect our QB and we have kids that can go get the deep ball. So we should be ok Offensively. Sorry for the long winded post guys.

Good Post, B&G. You would know better than I what we have developing. In no way was I trying to diminish the talents of any of the kids that are there, especially Workman and Peels. I was merely expressing my opinion of how difficult it was going to be to fill in the rest of the line with what we lost by graduation and how Steinhardt's injury compounds that even further. Shear numbers dictate that it is harder to replace 3 talented, experienced players than it is 2. I would feel the same if either of the other returning starting lineman were hurt. I feel that is the o-line is the most important position on the field and experience and co-hesiveness at those positioins is imperative for the offense.

GO CHIEFS!!