2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

Anybody got a number on how many kids are coming to summer workouts? If so, curious how many are freshmen?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well i had heard that before dead period that it was about 15teen in the morning and about 12 in the afternoon and that may be the other way around.May be 12 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon.

Still haven't heard how we think this team will do.Now i know CENTRAL AND POLK AND LOUDON will be tuff.CAN'T find much on Scott Co.I know they had a descent team last year,but thats all i know.Signal Mtn.is a toss up being their 1st year and all.L.C.will most likly be hard to beat ,them being a 5 a school.Think Tellico will be a lot better then in years past.Their a older group with a lot of experiance under their belts.Not sure on Meigs they really struggled last year.And Sweetwater will be interesting this year with getting a coach so late in the year and no spring practice.I'm leaving someone out and can't think who it is.

Also glad to see the black back in the new uniforms,heard it really looks good.

Season is almost here lets get it going on what you think.

Went back and looked it was CAK i left out.Which is usally pretty good.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i had heard that before dead period that it was about 15teen in the morning and about 12 in the afternoon and that may be the other way around.May be 12 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon.

Still haven't heard how we think this team will do.Now i know CENTRAL AND POLK AND LOUDON will be tuff.CAN'T find much on Scott Co.I know they had a descent team last year,but thats all i know.Signal Mtn.is a toss up being their 1st year and all.L.C.will most likly be hard to beat ,them being a 5 a school.Think Tellico will be a lot better then in years past.Their a older group with a lot of experiance under their belts.Not sure on Meigs they really struggled last year.And Sweetwater will be interesting this year with getting a coach so late in the year and no spring practice.I'm leaving someone out and can't think who it is.

Also glad to see the black back in the new uniforms,heard it really looks good.

Season is almost here lets get it going on what you think.

Went back and looked it was CAK i left out.Which is usally pretty good.

The Chiefs could have easily been 6 and 4 or 7 and 3 with a couple of breaks here and there in 2009. Played Howard down to wire at home and lost a close one to Norte Dame. At the end of the season, they were playing as good as anybody in the region.

I like what Coach S has done with the schedule.

IMO, the Chiefs have a shot a the playoffs. McMinn Central and Polk will be tough match-ups but both squads will have to play well to win. I will take the Chargers and the Wildcats. Sequoyah should get district wins against Sweetwater and Meigs. That makes them 2 and 2 in the District.

Other Games

Loudon- Redskins are very physical. Have an experienced QB. Take Loudon

CAK- Tough on anybody to stop the Air Raid. Get some tape from Alcoa. They know how. Take CAK

Signal Mountain- Bill Price will bring his Wing-T to Madisionville. Satterfield will have the Chiefs ready. Take Big Red!

Scott County- New Coach @ Scott. Chiefs have a good chance for a win in this one.

Lenior City- Soft-Charmin Soft....Look like Tarzan but will play like Jane......I got the Chiefs

Tellico- Will be a blood letting. Physical. Depth will be the advantage for the Chiefs.

I think 5-5 maybe 6-4. Make the 4A Playoffs Good Luck!

What is the scheudle for 7 on 7? Go Chiefs!

The best I can tell ya is that they are going to Heritage for a practice 7 on 7, then heading to Maryville College, on the 18th for a 7 0n 7 tournament, involving 30 teams. Still not sure about the 7 on 7 concept, just wondering if we will actually throw alot this year? What do you guys think?

The best I can tell ya is that they are going to Heritage for a practice 7 on 7, then heading to Maryville College, on the 18th for a 7 0n 7 tournament, involving 30 teams. Still not sure about the 7 on 7 concept, just wondering if we will actually throw alot this year? What do you guys think?

Sounds like we did very well in the first 7 on 7 against Heritage last week. I think I heard 4-1 Chiefs. I Heard Rogers and Bell looked really good! I think Coach S. would love to throw it around a lot this year. If we can protect the QB, I don't think that would be such a bad Idea. Of course, we still need to mix the run it to be effective and keep our defense off the field.

Sounds like we did very well in the first 7 on 7 against Heritage last week. I think I heard 4-1 Chiefs. I Heard Rogers and Bell looked really good! I think Coach S. would love to throw it around a lot this year. If we can protect the QB, I don't think that would be such a bad Idea. Of course, we still need to mix the run it to be effective and keep our defense off the field.

Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from the run game, but I really beleive we have a deep threat this season, not just with Bell, but Martin has got great speed, jury still out on McPherson but I think he'll come along just fine. Who do we have at TE (or will we have a TE this year). Thought, Rogers had a great scrimmage, Rhino looked good also.

Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from the run game, but I really beleive we have a deep threat this season, not just with Bell, but Martin has got great speed, jury still out on McPherson but I think he'll come along just fine. Who do we have at TE (or will we have a TE this year). Thought, Rogers had a great scrimmage, Rhino looked good also.

Man, what a difference a year makes if the P word was mentioned on here last season you would've got crucified now it sounds like you guys are excited about putting the ball in the air. Well me too as long as it works throw the far out of it.

GO CHIEFS

I agree, I thought Rogers looked good. Especially early in the scrimmage. We dropped a lot of passes though. Our pass defense had several holes in it as well. Hopefully, that was just a product of being rusty from dead period.

Helms will problably get the nob at TE. He is a good blocker and has good hands. Speed has improved but he not going to be a burner. I look forward to todays scrimmage. Go Chiefs!

Didnt get to make it to sprong practice but is our line that bad where we will have to get away from the run game and throw it all over the place?

Throwing the ball does not mean our line is that bad. They still have to be able to protect the QB as well as pick up blitzes, most people prefer to run it, I on the other hand would prefer a 60-40 pass to run ratio with some runs being draws. Throwing to the RB's in the flats is as good as a sweep anyway.

Throwing the ball does not mean our line is that bad. They still have to be able to protect the QB as well as pick up blitzes, most people prefer to run it, I on the other hand would prefer a 60-40 pass to run ratio with some runs being draws. Throwing to the RB's in the flats is as good as a sweep anyway.

Our run game will hold its own this year, by no means was I trying to take away from the big uglies. I really feel like we had a great run game last season, but this years team has a good all around game. I feel like we could learn alot from Alcoas (or Fultons) short screen game, ya know getting the ball to your playmakers out in the open, with some big uglies leading the way. People say you gotta have a good run game to open up the passing game, I believe you use your game along with your short passing game to open up the deep ball. And if anybody has been watching we got some speed at wideouts with Bell, Martin, Z-Mac and the Whited kid is looking better everyday! Getting Black and Owens out in the open with screen passes would open up the deep threat. Helms looked good tonight also at the TE spot, made some good diving grabs. As far as the lineman go, we got some experience with Workman, Peels and Stinehardt, now add in Wiggins, Pettit and Arp and that not to shabby. Anyway, I'm just rambling, last season good run game, this season, IMO, we are good all around.