2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI Me and Coach Black went up to Maryville the other day and watched Coach Gregory start his coaching duties at William Blount as Defensive Coordinator. He and Scott Meadows will make an awesome team. It sure is great to have him back in East Tennessee. The chiefs lost a good man to the good ole boys politics of Monroe County.

How is lifting going? When is spring practice scheduled?

Heard but not 100 percent on this.Spring will start may 11th.One srimmage linded up with Wartburg and its there.About 30 to 35 working out.Don't know if thats all the time or some here and some there.

And good luck to COACH GREGORY at W.B.He will do a great job because hes a great coach ,their lucky to have him.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI Me and Coach Black went up to Maryville the other day and watched Coach Gregory start his coaching duties at William Blount as Defensive Coordinator. He and Scott Meadows will make an awesome team. It sure is great to have him back in East Tennessee. The chiefs lost a good man to the good ole boys politics of Monroe County.

Good luck to Coach Gregory.

Heard but not 100 percent on this.Spring will start may 11th.One srimmage linded up with Wartburg and its there.About 30 to 35 working out.Don't know if thats all the time or some here and some there.[end quote]

According to Coach Satterfield at the Booster Club Meeting on March 24th, spring practice will start on May 11th. They have scrimmages scheduled with Wartburg on the 14th and Greenback on the 22nd. I believe he also wants to send the boys to a 7 on 7 and lineman camp in Chattanooga on July 18th. They are considering doing the Lift-a-thon in the gym, in hopes of getting more contributions if the sponsors can actually watch the competition.

Don't know how many are working out full time, but some of the boys have joined the Track team to improve their sprint times and keep up on their conditioning. Then they are doing weightlifting after Track practice. Surprisingly, SKS was talked into doing the shot putt with C. Bell, C.Ferguson and C. Bowers. Sterling actually came in second at the Seymour Track meet. Whoever said that working out in the weight room off season was paramount (Dr. Dave, I think it was you) was right in more ways than one.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to SKS in the shot putt! I also heard that Collin Cook was returning to the area this fall. I heard he is a monster! Any more talk about Blake Huffman returning to Sequoyah. Good Luck chiefs keep working hard!

Last I heard Blake was still coming back.

Just wondering whats on everyone's mind.Are their any new names out there thats playing.Not heard a whole lot lately.We lost about 8 starters on off.and about 8 on def.Who do you think will step up and take those spots.Qb,fb,both tb,and rec.and lineman.Just wondering what people are thinking.I wonder what are old freind SLOBBER thinks,he did say 09 will be the year.I know some play makers will b.SKS,,,,,JW,,,,,DP,,,,.Spring practice starts in less then a month,lets get it going.

As a Wartburg fan I am really looking forward to spring practice. Knowing that we have a scrimmage lined up against a good caliber team like you guys will give us a great measuring stick. What can we expect to see from your team? What type of offense & defense do you run? How many returning players?

I know that the Dogs will give you some spread offense & last year they ran several different fronts on defense. Only lost 5 starters to graduation, so hopefully we can provide a stiff challenge for your squad. Cant wait till you visit on the 14th. Good luck in the mean time.

For those of you that have asked Jake has agreed to go play at UTC. He had other opportunities but UTC is close to home(but not to close for mom to just drop in!) and it is a great school. He is glad it is over. He is really excited about getting a good education and getting to play football. They have a excellent engineering program and Jake wants to be an electrical engineer. He is working out like crazy and is now up to 200lbs. He hopes to be at 210 by the time camp starts. Jacob realizes the opportunity he has and he wants to represent Sequoyah High school in the correct way. There were some initial communication issues with UTC with the coaching change and all but Marcus Satterfield was his recruiter at UTC and really lit a fire in Jacob on his visit to UTC. Thanks to Bill Satterfield for taking Jacob to a practice after his official visit when I could not cancel patients on such short notice. To all of you that I have gotten to know and respect over the last several years, Jeff Roberts, Bob Starcher, David Gregory,Mike Black, Doug Justice,Pete and Scarlet Mosier,Jason Saunders,Adam Kefauver,Mike Peels,Don Workman,CH Thomas,Jeff Bell,and many others, thanks for your commitment,unselfish motives and dedication to the kids at Sequoyah high school. I am honored to have been abel to call you my friends. To the very very special kids I had the opportunity to coach and love I will never ever for get you and will "always" be there for you 24-7. I will still be around to help in anyway I can. Thanks to you all for a lifetime of memories, and Jake if you read this thanks for being the young man you have turned out to be (Hink would be very proud of you!) and I love you Bud.