Jackson Co. at Livingston Academy

swipper

JC girls have been thin at the guard position the past 3 weeks with Bowman and Atkins both out having to depend on 2 freshmen which are doing good but miss that senior leadership from the other two, hope they'r back 100% because Upperman and LA the next two games will be a huge challenge, then we get into district play.

32 and 5 have been improving with every game. 32 had a 14 point game in the FL tourney.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have lost me...

So you are implying that that this team should be more successful than it is at this point. In what way? Are you saying they should have won some games they didn't? Or are you saying they should have kept some games closer than they did? What has this team done so badly to be on the verge of "disaster"? How should they go about fixing it?

LA's schedule is very, very tough this year and to be honest this is not one of LA's most athletic teams. Therefore, you can't really expect them to have the same success of LA teams of the past. Especially against such a tough schedule. With teams like Upperman and Station Camp in their district/region, LA would have to get a little on the lucky side to get out of the region tournament. These girls have played hard this year and kept a few games very close that I didn't think they were capable of keeping close. Coach Smith has a way of keeping games close even when the other team is better. I guess I am not understanding where you are coming from...

First --- I'm not on here with the intention of 'slamming' Coach Smith or any of the players on this team. I simply stated my feelings about where we are at this point in the season. I personally like the coach and believe she has many fine points, though obvisously, I'm not as enamored with her as you seem to be. My concern is the inconsistancy of play.(ie--at times some of the best defense that I've seen a team play--Other times --my grandmother could have brought the ball down the floor and scored an uncontested layup against them. At times we've been patient and worked the ball for a good shot--Then again we've tried to consistantly force the ball and turned it over . This is just not what I've seen out of 'veteran' teams in the past. Let's look at the facts: Everyone is back from a team which went 25-8 last season, with the exception of one starter ( who was subbed out often) who transferred out of our school system. At this point last year, the record was 14-2---This year 11-7---- Last year at this point, we had played two-A teams---eight AA teams and six AAA -----This year--two A teams--seven AA teams--five AAA teams--three teams from KY.(Don't know what class they were in, but at least one had eighth graders on their roster) and a good Division II team . Even though many of the teams are different teams from last year, they are very comparable strength wise . You stated in an earlier post that you wouldn't consider losing 7 of the next 11 games a failure. That would mean a 15-14 regular season record. IMO a 15-14 record is setting the bar far too low! I never mentioned 'failure'. I said 'disaster '. There is a huge difference . We might have a disasterous season , and still none of these young ladies would be failures. - There is nothing wrong with the 'talent' on this team and I believe they are far more atheletic than you give them credit.--------The so called 'chemistry' just doesn't seem to be there and I hope the solution can be found. I believe there is a very real possiblity of going beyond the Region if that happens. ------I sincerely hope that I haven't said anything that offended anyone (especially the young ladies on the team) with this and other posts but ,I buy my ticket to watch, I pay my taxes to help support the school system,therefore I'm intitled to MY opinion just like everyone else! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First --- I'm not on here with the intention of 'slamming' Coach Smith or any of the players on this team. I simply stated my feelings about where we are at this point in the season. I personally like the coach and believe she has many fine points, though obvisously, I'm not as enamored with her as you seem to be. My concern is the inconsistancy of play.(ie--at times some of the best defense that I've seen a team play--Other times --my grandmother could have brought the ball down the floor and scored an uncontested layup against them. At times we've been patient and worked the ball for a good shot--Then again we've tried to consistantly force the ball and turned it over . This is just not what I've seen out of 'veteran' teams in the past. Let's look at the facts: Everyone is back from a team which went 25-8 last season, with the exception of one starter ( who was subbed out often) who transferred out of our school system. At this point last year, the record was 14-2---This year 11-7---- Last year at this point, we had played two-A teams---eight AA teams and six AAA -----This year--two A teams--seven AA teams--five AAA teams--three teams from KY.(Don't know what class they were in, but at least one had eighth graders on their roster) and a good Division II team . Even though many of the teams are different teams from last year, they are very comparable strength wise . You stated in an earlier post that you wouldn't consider losing 7 of the next 11 games a failure. That would mean a 15-14 regular season record. IMO a 15-14 record is setting the bar far too low! I never mentioned 'failure'. I said 'disaster '. There is a huge difference . We might have a disasterous season , and still none of these young ladies would be failures. - There is nothing wrong with the 'talent' on this team and I believe they are far more atheletic than you give them credit.--------The so called 'chemistry' just doesn't seem to be there and I hope the solution can be found. I believe there is a very real possiblity of going beyond the Region if that happens. ------I sincerely hope that I haven't said anything that offended anyone (especially the young ladies on the team) with this and other posts but ,I buy my ticket to watch, I pay my taxes to help support the school system,therefore I'm intitled to MY opinion just like everyone else! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So...

Like I asked before..

Which games did that "inconsistancy" & "lack of chemistry" cost the LA team? You didn't answer that question. You didn't tell me how you would fix it.??

You pay your taxes. Give your opinion. Tell the LA squad how to fix their problems. You just might turn their season around.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nothing new...... moral is the issue with LA sometimes tifs role over on to the floor and who is to blame the players and the coach yes the coach....if the players read this hope you learn one thing put your diferences aside and play ball...that what it takes.. it always has been a problem at LA drama drama drama lol just my two cents and it probably aint worth that...

One thing about JC drama is on the floor look out LA... will see thursday.....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nothing new...... moral is the issue with LA sometimes tifs role over on to the floor and who is to blame the players and the coach yes the coach....if the players read this hope you learn one thing put your diferences aside and play ball...that what it takes.. it always has been a problem at LA drama drama drama lol just my two cents and it probably aint worth that...

One thing about JC drama is on the floor look out LA... will see thursday.....

Hey wildstang its good to see you back on here again, and I hopefully I will see you at the JC/LA game friday night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rabbit, I agree 15-14 is not acceptable. OC Fan's young team comment is comical. As you said, 3 sr starters and one jr starter whose started nearly every game since shes been there. Two of the first subs are jrs as well. La can look for excuses if they wish, but being young is not one of them. As far as Sta. Camp goes, Upperman beat them by 25. Shelbyville is not your typical Shelbyvile with a 9-6 record. I don't know the problem, but it appears there is one. Of OC's 7 more possible losses, I would think Upperman might be the hardest to beat. Why La would expect to lose the other 5 is something I don't understand. Who would have ever thought losing the one who transferred would have this much effect on this "young" LA team. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Well IMO the solution starts with positive thinking and comments. I set in the middle of the LA fans at the Cookeville game at the Mid south classic and I was amazed. Cookeville jump out to an early lead and the grumbling started in the 1st quarter. I was cheering louder and harder for the LA girls than most of their fans. They all looked at me like I was crazy. LA has always had some of the most dedicated fans and I couldn't believe they were losing faith in the 1st qtr. This is a great group of young ladies, with a great coach, school and fans. Keep it positive and good things will happen!!!!!!!!

Hey wildstang its good to see you back on here again, and I hopefully I will see you at the JC/LA game friday night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey jc wouldn't miss the drama for the world... I read some of the post on here it is nothing different than years past just seems worse when the talent you have on the floor now is letting some of the drama get to them.... really a good group of kids.. just they all need to pull together and get the monkey off thier back...I heard today that killer got her thousand point game at station camp congrads are in order she is a hard working gal love to see her play!! see ya friday..Hows 7a doing aint heard from him...??? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Hey jc wouldn't miss the drama for the world... I read some of the post on here it is nothing different than years past just seems worse when the talent you have on the floor now is letting some of the drama get to them.... really a good group of kids.. just they all need to pull together and get the monkey off thier back...I heard today that killer got her thousand point game at station camp congrads are in order she is a hard working gal love to see her play!! see ya friday..Hows 7a doing aint heard from him...??? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Great i should see ya friday and to be honest I don't even know who 7A watcher is. I guess whoever he is doin fine though. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

There is actually not that much drama off the floor. They actually all get along pretty good off the floor. The drama only takes place on the floor. It is more about attitude than anything. Instead of owning up to mistakes that are made on the floor. It is easier to blame another player. They have alot of talent that could be put to good use, they just need to grow up. If they would support each other instead of blaming each other, every game would probably have turned out a little different. I hope that someone will step up and take control of this problem, instead of just letting it go on and on and on and on. It is not the coaches fault. It is basically a maturity problem. Come on girls, lets support your teamates and not bring them down.

Congrats to Killer on her 1000 points. By the way from what I have seen your attitude is great. You support your teamates better than anyone out there. Keep up the good work.. I see great things in your future weather you play ball in college or not. Your future seems bright to me. GO KILLER!!!!!!!

LA has always had a great program and still does, are they under acheiving this year I think yes Why, I don't know. I thought at beginning of year from the talent they returned from last year they might be undefeated at this point, because I've posted preseason I thought they had most talent returning in this area. I know coach Smith to work hard and is a very good coach, she's proven that year after year and there is some of the finest young ladies playing on this team that ever played for anybody. They have the ability to beat anyone and I expect them to put it all togather before post season.