Lipscomb vs Overton

Guest eagle66

Guest eagle66

Tonight Overton claim the Championship title over David Lipscomb 58 - 52. Was a great game close all the way to the end. Keep it up BOBCATS. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why is Lipscomb ranked so high? I watched this team because I am a gym rat....and I watched a lot of games over the past week. But this team was definitely the most inconsistent team. They should have beaten Overton easily....This team is like a puzzle to me......They have some really good, consistent players.... and then they have some really inconsistent players...and I have no idea who is who! I have no idea how this team is ranked on top of CPA.

How's the Webb boy?

Went to the emergency room. Looks like 2 possible fractures/cracks to the cheekbone area (obviously, regardless of my Coach T name, I am not a doctor). Further tests to come. Please keep him in your prayers. He was in a good bit of pain.

Congratulations to the Bobcats on a hard fought win.

So why is Lipscomb ranked so high? I watched this team because I am a gym rat....and I watched a lot of games over the past week. But this team was definitely the most inconsistent team. They should have beaten Overton easily....This team is like a puzzle to me......They have some really good, consistent players.... and then they have some really inconsistent players...and I have no idea who is who! I have no idea how this team is ranked on top of CPA.

I think Lipscomb's ranking is based on some of the surprising wins they had over teams while a part of the team was still playing football. The win over Station Camp was definitely a plus. They are a little inconsistent right now, but have some incredible talent. Their strength has been similar to CPA... strong inside game and incredible three point shooting. Overton's defense was the difference. Webb getting hurt didn't help:-) Hats off to Overton. They were better prepared and played awesome. Hopefully playing each other will only make both teams better in their district play.

How's the Webb boy?

He's having surgery today (Friday) for multiple fractures of the cheek bone and realignment of his jaw. He really took a hit. The kid he collided with must have a Mike Tyson skull. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Under the best of circumstances, he might be back at the end of the season. Our prayers are with him and his family.

He's having surgery today (Friday) for multiple fractures of the cheek bone and realignment of his jaw. He really took a hit. The kid he collided with must have a Mike Tyson skull. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Under the best of circumstances, he might be back at the end of the season. Our prayers are with him and his family.

It was a football collision without the pads. From across the gym, it looked like a head to head hit, but the word from the bench was that Evans face collided with the Overton kid's elbow. I don't think either player saw the other; just two aggressive, tough players chasing a loose ball. Prayers for todays surgery would be great.

From talking to the other player involved in the collision, Webb collided with his upper chest/ shoulder area. The Overton player is being recruited by SEC schools for football and looks like he is chisled out of granite so I can easily see how Webb could have suffered so much facial damage.

I hope to see Webb back on the floor sooner rather than later and will lift up my prayers for a quick recovery.