Gordonsville, Monterey, Clay County

4AFanatic

Hey Croz....Who are these 2 kids?? The 1 that was not eligible and the freshman that may run the ball a lot? I know most all the kids in the county and was just curious. If G-ville has 2 or 3 that can run the ball, send 1 across the river. SC may have 1...maybe.... that carry the ball...after that, we'll have to see.

Who do you think will be G-villes QB? Chaz.....Zach....or Talon???

Hey....one more thing......rumor has it that #16 has turned to the dark side....heard any thing about that????

LeCorey Wood will get alot of carries. The Freshman was Keaton Cason, I believe that's his first name, I may be confusing him with his little brother. He looked good with the few carries he had. You may be familiar with the Wood kid.

I've heard that about #16, but I don't know for sure.

QB, IMO, will likely be in question leading up to the season.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

LeCorey Wood will get alot of carries. The Freshman was Keaton Cason, I believe that's his first name, I may be confusing him with his little brother. He looked good with the few carries he had. You may be familiar with the Wood kid.

I've heard that about #16, but I don't know for sure.

QB, IMO, will likely be in question leading up to the season.

Yea, I forgot about the Wood kid. He has moved aroud a lot. He played Jr. High at Carthage Middle, his freshman year he went to Mt. Juliet Christ. and quit before the season was over. Moved back to SC, set out his Soph. year because he moved. Started playing again in the spring of 2008 and then transfered to G-ville where he had to sit out his Jr. season. If he's going to play....now is his best, last and only time left. I don't know the Carson kid. He must be from Brush Creek or Hickman.

It's been said that he (#16) quit the G-ville BB team and has moved back to ??? Hiawassie ?? maybe?? and is checking to see if he will be able to play FB-BB and BKB for SC his SR year.

Knowing all 3 kids ...I would think that Melholf or Sanders would be the man. Get Melholf in quick and let him learn. Let that soph-fresh class get as much experience as possible.

Yea, I forgot about the Wood kid. He has moved aroud a lot. He played Jr. High at Carthage Middle, his freshman year he went to Mt. Juliet Christ. and quit before the season was over. Moved back to SC, set out his Soph. year because he moved. Started playing again in the spring of 2008 and then transfered to G-ville where he had to sit out his Jr. season. If he's going to play....now is his best, last and only time left. I don't know the Carson kid. He must be from Brush Creek or Hickman.

It's been said that he (#16) quit the G-ville BB team and has moved back to ??? Hiawassie ?? maybe?? and is checking to see if he will be able to play FB-BB and BKB for SC his SR year.

Knowing all 3 kids ...I would think that Melholf or Sanders would be the man. Get Melholf in quick and let him learn. Let that soph-fresh class get as much experience as possible.

Melhoff, with his ability, will at least need to be on the field. If he's at QB, he could be a threat to run or throw. Sanders may be alright with some snaps under his belt. Chaz is another that will at least need to be on the field. Him and Melhoff both threw passes last year. I'm not sure if Sanders ever did. If #16 does transfer, it will be a loss for Gville as he's started since he was a sophomore. Maybe he will stay, I think he would have an opportunity to do more at Gville.

Guest Termite

Melhoff, with his ability, will at least need to be on the field. If he's at QB, he could be a threat to run or throw. Sanders may be alright with some snaps under his belt. Chaz is another that will at least need to be on the field. Him and Melhoff both threw passes last year. I'm not sure if Sanders ever did. If #16 does transfer, it will be a loss for Gville as he's started since he was a sophomore. Maybe he will stay, I think he would have an opportunity to do more at Gville.

G-ville will be OK reguardless of who the QB is. They have a few playmakers. They be inexperienced but will get better. I say again the difference will be up front. I was a little supprised at the Oand D line this past year. How many did they lose off the line? I know Butler, Gentry, and another or two will be back.

The last 2 years, especially 07.....the line play was the difference in the SC/Gville games.

Heard lst night that #16 is now an Owl.

G-ville will be OK reguardless of who the QB is. They have a few playmakers. They be inexperienced but will get better. I say again the difference will be up front. I was a little supprised at the Oand D line this past year. How many did they lose off the line? I know Butler, Gentry, and another or two will be back.

The last 2 years, especially 07.....the line play was the difference in the SC/Gville games.

Heard lst night that #16 is now an Owl.

All the linemen will be back with the exception of Josh Young and Daniel Brys.

Daniel didn't play on offense and Josh was injured for the latter part of the season.

I've heard some good things about the line so far this offseason, plus I've heard of a couple of linemen coming back out that didn't play last year, and one started his sophomore year alot. So, I honestly don't think the line will be a problem. We had 4 sophomores start on the line at different times last year.

As for #16, I heard from my stepson, who is in his class, that he decided to go to Carthage because he lived closer and didn't have a ride to Gordonsville.

Not Croz Termite BUT, yes no 16 has turned to the DARK side of Smith Co!!!

Supposedly moved over the break, rumor was he didn't like the MOOSE???

I hope he doesnt forget who was a t the hospital with him at 3 in the morning

after his bad wreck???

As for qb I think it will be Zach (just an opinion) He played more backup in games.

I think Chaz will run the ball..

Guest Termite

Not Croz Termite BUT, yes no 16 has turned to the DARK side of Smith Co!!!

Supposedly moved over the break, rumor was he didn't like the MOOSE???

I hope he doesnt forget who was a t the hospital with him at 3 in the morning

after his bad wreck???

As for qb I think it will be Zach (just an opinion) He played more backup in games.

I think Chaz will run the ball..

#16 is a very likable kid....he has friends on both sides. Why he transfered....who knows. I don't know about Moose ...but I do know #16 liked the rest of the staff.......heck, that's why he went to G-ville to start with. IMO it was more than Moose.

As for the O-D lines....someone also told me that K. Bass is back. Never could figure where he was the lat 2-3 years.

For a QB, I like both Zack and Talon....both are good players. The key may be a leadership issue. Zack can be a leader, if he would be a little more serious, and Talon needs to be a little less shy.

I think that Monterey will beat Clay County next year in a tough game, but over all I think that Gordonsville will beat them both especially since they're both home games. Do you think Gville will be running the double wing again this year?

I think they may run the double win some but I'd bet they'll run more out of the I or Power I. They'll probably throw in some spread as well.