Nera White Classic Referees

JacketAlumni

If you were at the game between Trousdale County and Merrol Hyde last week, you would have been treated to a classic call from our typical referees that we have been so lucky to have on the floor for our games. The ball was passed to the wing, and was close to the sideline, when the player caught the ball his foot was on the line, he scooted it off the line and looked at the ref, then he started dribbling down the floor. The people in the stands yelled to the ref and his reply was " just a little " . This year has been a year of awful calls both for and against us, what has happened to the referees in this part of the state? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ball was passed to the wing, and was close to the sideline, when the player caught the ball his foot was on the line, he scooted it off the line and looked at the ref, then he started dribbling down the floor. The people in the stands yelled to the ref and his reply was " just a little " .

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....seriously?? Don't feel bad.....wack calls going on all across the state unfortunately.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....seriously?? Don't feel bad.....wack calls going on all across the state unfortunately.

Can't compare that to refs around here! Refs around here wouldn't say "a little bit"... Refs around here are what I would call: Whistle Happy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

THESE REFS HAVE A HARD JOB BUT WHEN A PLAYER GETS FOULED THE SHOT FALLS ref says points no good but says 2 free throws (only 2 team fouls) and cosch says its either our ball on side or basket has to be good plus one shot, the ref says my partner says shot didn't go in (everyone in gym was hollerin it went in because it did) and I have authority to wave it off. Then before half at 2 seconds shot from just behind foul line same ref over rules another ref and calls it a three from inside where he couldn.t see but other ref within 6 feet of shot. One of the other refs apoligized after the game, but the heavy black official at the nera white tourney was wrong got caught and tried to get even when questioned. He looked for chance to call a t the rest of game but everyone on our bench stayed quiet. We actually got some calls late by the other officials but ball game was over. Free throws were 29 to 9 . I don't ever think if you play good the refs will beat you but sloppy mistakes on both sides can ruin a game. I don't believe the refs beat us this game we didn't deserve to win the way we played and in 30 plus years of watching games I can count on one hand when the refs have determined the outcome of a game but this game was pitiful.

The refs are normally pretty bad around here, but it seems like when Camden gets in a district game, we just aren't suppose to win. We can play as good a ball as possible and just when we get close or get the lead that's when the calls get off the wall. But you can't blame the refs as easy as it is. Gotta play through it. I've learned that over the years and i've never had a technical cause of knowing that! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> lol

I agree with ya about the refs. Especially during the Smith Co, Merryl Hyde game. Even tho Smith Co won, some of the calls that the refs made was just unbelievable and off the wall. But like you said you gotta play thru it but it gets pretty rediculous sometimes.

yall need some cheese on this board. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I agree with ya about the refs. Especially during the Smith Co, Merryl Hyde game. Even tho Smith Co won, some of the calls that the refs made was just unbelievable and off the wall. But like you said you gotta play thru it but it gets pretty rediculous sometimes.

IVE SAID THIS BEFORE BUT I AM FROM THE BOLDT AND I HAVE SEEN A THE BALL GET PASSED AND THE REF WAS JUST THERE CAUGHT THE BALL DROPPED IT AND LET THE OTHER TEAM GET THE BALL AND MAKE THE BASKET IT DID NOT MATTER ABOUT THE BASKET CAUSE WE WON BUT THE THING ABOUT IT IS BE FAIR. DONT MAKE A CALL AND KNOW YOU MESSED UP AND TRY TO MAKE IT UP. YOU ARE GETTING PAID SO JUST CALL THE GAME FAIR . THERE JOBS ARE HARD THOSE KIDS GAME IS HARD THE HAVE TO PLAY THE TEAM AND THE REFS JUST MY THOUGHTS. DONT LIKE CHEESE I GET STOPPED UP

DONT LIKE CHEESE I GET STOPPED UP

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I literally cannot stop laughing....thanks I needed a good laugh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

THESE REFS HAVE A HARD JOB BUT WHEN A PLAYER GETS FOULED THE SHOT FALLS ref says points no good but says 2 free throws (only 2 team fouls) and cosch says its either our ball on side or basket has to be good plus one shot, the ref says my partner says shot didn't go in (everyone in gym was hollerin it went in because it did) and I have authority to wave it off. Then before half at 2 seconds shot from just behind foul line same ref over rules another ref and calls it a three from inside where he couldn.t see but other ref within 6 feet of shot. One of the other refs apoligized after the game, but the heavy black official at the nera white tourney was wrong got caught and tried to get even when questioned. He looked for chance to call a t the rest of game but everyone on our bench stayed quiet. We actually got some calls late by the other officials but ball game was over. Free throws were 29 to 9 . I don't ever think if you play good the refs will beat you but sloppy mistakes on both sides can ruin a game. I don't believe the refs beat us this game we didn't deserve to win the way we played and in 30 plus years of watching games I can count on one hand when the refs have determined the outcome of a game but this game was pitiful.

I know what game you are talking about or maybe it just happened more than once! The ball goes up and it's good and a foul is made but you get two shots at the line instead of a three point play. The refs were so bad it's pathetic!! After the game on Monday night, one of the refs came out wearing a Macon County hat! And we had just played Macon County and that ref along with the other two were so bad it's not even funny. They wouldn't call fouls, walks or carring the ball. Don't get me wrong CRAZY ball handling and CRAZY passes didn't help on our part, but you can't win when you make mistakes and when the refs are for the obviously against you.

I have a question about how refs call a game. This item is really perplexing to me.

Take a physical defensive team. They ride you with a forearm all over the court and push and stuff they should do to play good tough defense. I understand how that works. Now how can a ref take that same team who is more physical than the team they are playing and give them charge calls when the other team bumps them less than what they are dishing out every trip down the floor?

IMHO if you are going to play physical defense, you should not get any charge calls except the obvious. If you are strong enough to push the other team around then you are strong enough to stand up.

What say you guys?