McKenzie Rebels: 2009 Predictions

rebelman18

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebels lost a lot of support when the idiot School Board didn't renew Superintendent Jim Ward's contract. Take a look at the improvements made to the football stadium.

One of the school board members that voted against Ward was also against the stadium improvements. But when she saw how good it looked, she flipped-flopped and was all in favor of it.

The McKenzie High sport fans won't find a better supporter of sports than Mr. Ward.

If he had ignored the law and allowed prayer at the football games, he would still have his job.

I Would Look At the Parents Involved With The Trap Shooting Team, And See The Connection With The Board Members. It's No Secret They Was Mad When He Wouldn't Help Fund Thier Program. So They Got Wives And Dad's On The Board And Walla He's Voted Out. But I Agree It's A Sad Day For Mckenzie Now. Maybe One Of Them Smucks From The Trap Shooting Team Can Fill His Job. It'll Be Tough Filling It. It Just Stinks How They Done It. He Was A Good Un. Two Of The Four Votes Came From Parents Of The Team Members.

Ryder

McCaleb

Butchie,

This ain't the forum to debate this issue. I agree with you.

Just hope they can find another Director ASAP for the good of MSSD.

I wouldn't take the job working under that board.

Mr Ward won't have any problem finding another job.

hardhead

i think Butchie should take the job,, bet he can strighten them out

Wouldn't Have It. LOL And Wouldn't Know Where To Start LOL. But Getting Someone To Take The Job With A Backstabbing Board Will Be Be Challenging To Fill. And I Wish Mr. Ward The Best And He Will Be Sorely Missed.

I Preach Alot About How Political Things Are And Lo And Behold, Wonders Never Sease To Amaze Me.

Comer ain't leaving......I hope. He's the best thing to happen to McKenzie football is 20-30 years.

Hey, Butchie,

Back on the subject of Ward, McCaleb said there were sport teams underfinanced at McKenzie. What is she talking about? Trap team?

Exactly. It Wasn't Any Secret That The Sissons And McCalebs And Riders Were The Ring Leaders In This Coup. Now I Feel The Trap Team Is An Endeavor That We Could Take Or Leave. Ward Didn't Approve Of Funding It, Because We Were Not Spending Enough In The Class Rooms. And When He Basically Killed It The Parents And Sponsors Picked Up The Tab, And The Coup Was Planned.

If Feel This Was The Underlying Reason He Was Not Asked Back. And McCaleb Let The Cat Outta The Bag When She Said It.

I Hope Whoever They Get Doesn't Like The Program Either, Then We'll See What Happens. I Wouldn't Know Ward If He Knocked On My Door. But My Kids Participated In Sports Thier Whole School Years. And Trap Shooting Wasn't One Of Them. But You Hear Lil Comments, And You Really Don't Pay It Much Mind Until Something Like This Is Achieved. But It Does Make Me Think Less of The Parties Involved.

And Lincoln, If Comer Leaves It Will Would Totally Shock Me. Gotta Be Rumors. Aint Driggers The Coach There?

Driggers Was A Swell Guy, Denied Tenure At Mckenzie, But An All Around True Of CHaracter. Wish Him Well...

Ah Well, It Will Hurt If He Leaves. But Thomas And Company Can Maintain A Good Coaching Philosophy Here In Rebel Land. Who Wouldn't Wanna Step Up To A Bigger School And Maybe More Money. But Do I Know Any Truth To It? No I Do Not. But I Would Be Surprised. And I Would Support Any Decision He Made. Good Luck To Him, But I Hope He Don't.

Butchie, same here. I think the staff we have would still provide an excellent team. Coach Thomas has been with the system for a long time. He's very capable of maintaining the program. I do know that coach has been offered a position with Dyersburg. Not sure what the outcome is going to be but I to hope he stays also. He has brought McKenzie to the top in this area and state. Regardless, I too wish him the best. Either way, we have the talent returning to make a very strong run again next year.