McKenzie Rebels: 2009 Predictions

rebelman18

I heard Butchie went back to the Gay Parrot and scratched by the parrot's beak.

Butchie,

Between us we got just about enough sense to come in out of the rain!! Somehow with that in mind we still manage some laughs and good ideas to save the free world as we know it. Now all we got to do is get somebody to listen to us!!!!!

I mean if we can park at the Gay Parrot by BTW High School in Mamphis and come out without a scratch we bound to have somethin' figured out. THAT was one trip I'll NEVER forget man!!! Me and JJ was laughing about it at Rural King just the other day!!

The trip to Jo Byrns was much less stressful (except for the final score of course!!)

Rebel football has been good to all of us the last few years for sure!!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's An Awful Harsh Accusation After Seeing The Company You Keep....LOL

And The Trip To Manassaas Will In No Doubt Be A CLassic That We'll Talk About For Years My Friend. Ole VolsandTitans Was Happy To See Us When We Got There. And He Was So Outta Breathe, I Thought He Was Just Scared Of Being At Booker T. Field. But I Distinctly Remember A Flash Of Red Dart Outta The Gay Bar As We Pulled Up. Could It Have Been Ole V&T On The Move So'd We'd Not Catch Him In A Moment Of Jubial Bliss. Sing It V&T..............Y..........M.........C........A. You And Ole Ognibene The Ballheaded Construction Worker. "You Can Hang Out With All The Boy's.." Do You Still Have Your John Travolta Leisure Suit?

Oh my!!!!

Putting all that aside that was likely the most memorable Rebel football game that I can recall along with the 1973 win over Huntingdon. And the1963 win over Huntingdon. Those were 3 games for the books friends!!!!!!! Don't let me leave out the 1973 game with Lexington!!!!

Then there was that game with Lake Co. in '06 or so that stunned the world as we know it!!! Defensive struggle?------------------NOT!!!! Wow. The gunfight on Woodrow Ave.!!!! Over 100 points scored in regulation.

Looks like me and my buds here are Rebel fans to the core. It's been a long time coming ya'll!!!

I heard Butchie went back to the Gay Parrot and scratched by the parrot's beak.

Coach, that was a VERY memorable night for Rebel football. The kids proved their worth with their backs to the wall that night. It was an awsome game against an awsome opponent. As glad as I was that we won, I hated to see Manassas lose. It was that kind of game.

tha' duck

Coach, that was a VERY memorable night for Rebel football. The kids proved their worth with their backs to the wall that night. It was an awsome game against an awsome opponent. As glad as I was that we won, I hated to see Manassas lose. It was that kind of game.

tha' duck

Now Duck Trying To Get Him Emotional Is Mute. You Remember When Him And Ognibene Was Caught At that Motel 6, With That Goat, And A Pair Of Jumper Cables. His Face Was Stoic. Now Ole George Was Bewildered, But Ole V&T Was Unrattled.

Now Duck Trying To Get Him Emotional Is Mute. You Remember When Him And Ognibene Was Caught At that Motel 6, With That Goat, And A Pair Of Jumper Cables. His Face Was Stoic. Now Ole George Was Bewildered, But Ole V&T Was Unrattled.

From reading on the subject, it comes to my attention that a pair of hip boots is also required to make that scenario work. Was it close to a sporting goods store?????

OK, seriously is the drama over for '09??? There are still jobs open-----are we gonna have to worry about this some more this year or is it done?? The Rebel Nation wants to know!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm guessing the drama is gone as far as Comer is concerned. He probably won't admit it but he has to be a little disappointed at not getting the D'burg job. On the other hand - he has established a good system, has a good staff and great community support. Nothing to be taken for granted. Good luck this year!!!

OK, seriously is the drama over for '09??? There are still jobs open-----are we gonna have to worry about this some more this year or is it done?? The Rebel Nation wants to know!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes, it's over for now. We have Coach Comer for at least one more season.

Well I For One Am Happy The Status Quo Will Remain The Same For Now, And I Guess We'll Spin The Wheel Again Next Year.

Now If The Penny Loafing Perverts Will Subside, Things Will Settle To A Calm.

And Yes Hip Boots Are Required, And The Left Is Positive And The Right Negative, And Make Sure The Nuggets Are Wet. LOL

I'm guessing the drama is gone as far as Comer is concerned. He probably won't admit it but he has to be a little disappointed at not getting the D'burg job. On the other hand - he has established a good system, has a good staff and great community support. Nothing to be taken for granted. Good luck this year!!!

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to the Dawgs next season too. We have made a big effort the last 10 years to "get off the porch and run with the big dogs" in whatever class we were put in and had the extra advantage of some really good athletes during these times too. That is something that has been lacking in McKenzie for many years as a community commitment even though the players/coaches have always cared.

I may be speaking out of turn here but, am told that Wade would like to try his hand at a small college coaching position and wants to move to a bigger school to prepare. That's all good if accurate. Word on the street is that he is a top contender for a job at Bethel if Kaklis gets hired away from the 'Cats though so that is the start without making a change with the Rebels. One can hear anything though.

Yes, it's over for now. We have Coach Comer for at least one more season.

Thanks D, that's good to hear. I don't really blame Wade for wanting to move up if he does but we have just started tasting the big time here and I hate to see anything mess that up for now. You know as well as I do that the next two seasons at least are gonna be tough and we need to not have to deal with major change in the process. I've heard a ton of "stuff" the last month and have no clue how much of it is true and accurate. This has been just plain crazy.