A Little Confused

IAm23

Why is everybody talking about Soddy, when the obvious team to beat is Smyrna? Just a general question...I think district 7 teams Smyrna and Siegel will both find themselves playing in the state. Thats just an opinion. Any thoughts?

I don't see everybody talking about Soddy, its a player and a competitor talking about Soddy's season and them talking about their players. I would rather see that than the trash talking in years past.

I think you could see Smyrna and Siegel at State. They have tough road ahead of them . District 8 teams will not be pushovers, I have heard Lawrence County is not bad, and do not count out Ransom's group from Columbia Central. I really do not know about rest of the teams out of 8. Plus, I believe region 4 tournament is in Columbia Jan. 12 according to TSSAA website. Then one of the teams that come out of Region 4 could face Soddy Daisy in Sub State. Then that brings me to mention that the State title over last 4 years has come through the Region 3-4 substate matches. Smyrna(05-06 Champs), Hixson (06runner-up-07Champ), Columbia Central(08 Champs)

Then you can not count out the other teams from Middle TN and West TN. Hardin County, Hendersonville, and White Station. Then you have your good teams that could get hot and ride that wave in upset wins to State title.

You have point about Smyrna being team to beat, they have had impressive numbers, and I have nothing but respect for the kids and coaches of Smyrna's program.

I don't see everybody talking about Soddy, its a player and a competitor talking about Soddy's season and them talking about their players. I would rather see that than the trash talking in years past.

I think you could see Smyrna and Siegel at State. They have tough road ahead of them . District 8 teams will not be pushovers, I have heard Lawrence County is not bad, and do not count out Ransom's group from Columbia Central. I really do not know about rest of the teams out of 8. Plus, I believe region 4 tournament is in Columbia Jan. 12 according to TSSAA website. Then one of the teams that come out of Region 4 could face Soddy Daisy in Sub State. Then that brings me to mention that the State title over last 4 years has come through the Region 3-4 substate matches. Smyrna(05-06 Champs), Hixson (06runner-up-07Champ), Columbia Central(08 Champs)

Then you can not count out the other teams from Middle TN and West TN. Hardin County, Hendersonville, and White Station. Then you have your good teams that could get hot and ride that wave in upset wins to State title.

You have point about Smyrna being team to beat, they have had impressive numbers, and I have nothing but respect for the kids and coaches of Smyrna's program.

understandable. From what i know the region 4 tournament is at Smyrna on January 21st?? Thats what i've been told. I also saw January 12th at columbia on tssaa.org. Anybody know for sure?

understandable. From what i know the region 4 tournament is at Smyrna on January 21st?? Thats what i've been told. I also saw January 12th at columbia on tssaa.org. Anybody know for sure?

i would think jan 12 is district 8 district tourn and 21 would be region 4 tourney at Smyrna

Why is everybody talking about Soddy, when the obvious team to beat is Smyrna? Just a general question...I think district 7 teams Smyrna and Siegel will both find themselves playing in the state. Thats just an opinion. Any thoughts?

Im not trying to disrespect anybody. I'm just proud of my teammates. My opinion on whos going to state would be smyrna, and the winner of Soddy and Siegel. It will be a good match to watch. We gotta get passed a very improved Hixson team first.

Im not trying to disrespect anybody. I'm just proud of my teammates. My opinion on whos going to state would be smyrna, and the winner of Soddy and Siegel. It will be a good match to watch. We gotta get passed a very improved Hixson team first.

What is soddy and hixons top team series this year? i know siegel is like 3820ish?? the match smryna bowled 4091 hahaha.

What is soddy and hixons top team series this year? i know siegel is like 3820ish?? the match smryna bowled 4091 hahaha.

Well, We usually put our subs in the second game but one time we kept all of our starters in for 2 games before putting subs in and we had a 2635ish before the third game...so I would guess a little above 3900 if we would have left them in.

Although Soddy hasn't ever left all 6 of their starters in for all 3 games, if you take the averages of the top 6 bowlers from their team and multiply each by 3 you come out with about 3664. Highest scores through first two games are 2,635 and 2,620.

225.82 x 3 = 677

215.68 x 3 = 647

206.03 x 3 = 618

195.07 x 3 = 585

190.72 x 3 = 572

188.44 x 3 = 565

565+572+585+618+647+677=3664

High team series is 3962 though.

Good luck to everyone in the state individuals!

Well, We usually put our subs in the second game but one time we kept all of our starters in for 2 games before putting subs in and we had a 2635ish before the third game...so I would guess a little above 3900 if we would have left them in.

hahaha were the opposite. we have 2 subs haha

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming tournaments! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

WOW, one of the States strongest boys team will not make it to the State Tournament. Smyrna has to beat Soddy to advance. Good luck to both teams, I would to be able to watch that match, not to see either team to lose, but it will be the best Sectional match of the year. Again, good luck to both teams.