Oak Ridge vs. Anderson Co.

SirPettus

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, each team will be hoping to play "their" best.

Second, it is a joke that this is now a rivalry game! :D When I was in school, I think the combined score was Oak Ridge 200+ Anderson County 7 (which was a fumble returned for a touchdown).

For Oak Ridge to have to worry about a hard fought game shows how far downhill the program has gone. :(

If you know football Anderson Co. always have some big linemen up front. They are also strong from hard work in the weight room.

Posted by rabidwildcatfan:

First of all, each team will be hoping to play "their" best.

Second, it is a joke that this is now a rivalry game! :o When I was in school, I think the combined score was Oak Ridge 200+ Anderson County 7 (which was a fumble returned for a touchdown).

For Oak Ridge to have to worry about a hard fought game shows how far downhill the program has gone. :D

:D

Guest caligula

This summer some AC boys were talking lots and lots of trash about how good they were and who they could beat and what they are gonna do to everyone. I hope those Clinton transfers can back up that talk.

I have to agree with rabidwildcat. AC 3A school and a rival. I told you guys last year that Oak Ridge should have played Austin East. Just imagine the drama before the game this year. Defending state champs, former Wildcat players are coaching there, etc. This might have pit communities against each other. Coach Stevens and Graham were raised up in Gamble Valley (Scarboro). They get a lot of support from that community. Both coaches now live back in Oak Ridge. Graham recently moved back. Graham told me that they (AE coaches) will be at the game this Friday. You will see them wearing their AE gear. They want to get an early look at AC. Plus Tillman, Patterson, Graham and Stevens haven't had a chance to see their Alma Mater play in 4 years. Please coach Lussier and the wildcats win it all this year. We don't want to lose our coaching staff. We can't pay what you guys can!!!!! Our program now have 40 freshman on the freshman team. They are headed up by.....Guess who?.....Another former Oak Ridge player (88-89) Toby Tillman. He too is a great coach. The freshman team is very exciting and well discipline. This is the most freshman we ever had in some time. All of them can play too. Please wildcat fans quit downing Lussier and support him. Tell the administration you want him back for atleast 4 more years. PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :)

I must admit AE fans have been hearing rumors. I hope they are wrong. My boy Graham said he hasn't heard anything about it. Also that Stevens hasn't been saying anything about it. Matter of fact they don't talk about oak Ridge much at all. Graham kept on about AC running back and their new QB. Also Fulton's QB and skill position. Finally how they have to get their QB to make his reads quicker and release the ball quicker. It is obvious they (AE) coaches are not joining in to the talk. Graham did say he is excited about going to an Oak Ridge game. He said they are going to Big ED's.

Posted by SirPettus:

If you know football Anderson Co. always have some big linemen up front. They are also strong from hard work in the weight room.

I think you mean "has" some big lineman. :confused: Big shock that you again did not use proper English! :)

Are you sure you are in college?

However, Anderson County had big lineman in the late 80's and early 90's, but Oak Ridge managed to beat them by 30+ points every time. ;)

If you want to keep kidding yourself that the program is in the same shape it used to be, that is your choice. However, for you to state this opinion on these boards continually confirms your ignorance!!! :)

[Edited by rabidwildcatfan on 8-27-02 1:09P]

Posted by Formermav12:

Hey wildcat fan, did you go to the game last year? Yeah it was decided by 3 points and i saw the fieldgoal that their kicker kicked. It went right inside the upright. Oak Ridge was given a present by the reffs on that one. I dont know how good either team is but i know from experience that the coaching staff will have AC ready for this game. Good Luck MAVS!!!!

I did go to the game last year. Were you one of the fans from AC waiting to rush the field right before Oak Ridge scored? :)

My point is that if Oak Ridge's program was where it used to be, Oak Ridge would swat AC like a fly!