wrestling colleges?

shaggmaster

Most colleges are pretty easy to contact just go to their website and they all have the coach's e-mail or phone number listed.They also have an information form for recruits interested in attending their school and will ask things like

grades,act scores, high school awards ,state place finishs,national tournys attended and placements,high school record,and contact info.The best thing though is attend summer camps at schools your interested in and speak with the coachs.Express your intrest in being a body in the room and earning a spot eventually.Injurys and eligability make it necessary to have as many available wrestlers as posssible, just dont count on getting much if any scholarship money.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well here are my grades and stuff

I got a 24 on my act

I have a 2.6667 gpa

and an over grade of 86% or higher....

@apsu= apsu would be a good choice for me since I live in clarksville but im kinda trying to get away from the house and learn what the real life is all about.

Gotcha..

I know what you mean, Im from the clarksville area, but APSU would be a great place to get your techinque better, then transfer out... What school are you from??

apsuwrestling-

-My son is thinking about playing football at APSU. He has a good friend already there and liked his visit. If he were to go there, he thinks he would like to try wrestling also. (He is an above average wrestler in the 285lb weight class)

- My question is this - Do you think this might be possible, or do you think that is too much of a load while trying to balance school? How do you stack up right now at 285 (SR, JR, etc). Any comments or advice is appreciated.

apsuwrestling-

-My son is thinking about playing football at APSU. He has a good friend already there and liked his visit. If he were to go there, he thinks he would like to try wrestling also. (He is an above average wrestler in the 285lb weight class)

- My question is this - Do you think this might be possible, or do you think that is too much of a load while trying to balance school? How do you stack up right now at 285 (SR, JR, etc). Any comments or advice is appreciated.

If you want to get a good idea as to what level of competition there is on the college club circuit go to MTSU the last weekend of this month on the 30th and 31st for the NCWA National Duals. Several programs from the area (MTSU, TN Temple and possibly Lee) will be there as well as several other top clubs from GA, OH, FL and other states. The programs compare with the JUCO level and several NCWA programs have regularly competed with and beaten DII, NAIA and DIII programs. Some even wrestle DI schools when they can (UCF wrestles Purdue this month). NCWA wrestlers have caught rides with DI and other programs. These programs compete regularly and will help take your wrestling to another level if you are dedicated and serious about it.

@APSU- I go to NE.

And I was wondering if it would be too much of a hassle if I maybe attended one of your practices maybe get a feel for college wrestling and get a little bit better. Ill deff be there if you have a weekend practice.

@kevinlhs37- im definattly not scared of hard work.. Id had been looking a Temple for quite some time due to the fact that it is new and will need some numbers but my dad dosent really want me to go there because of religious beliefs. I really dont mind going since education and wrestling would be my main thing there.. not what religion they are.

If you want to get a good idea as to what level of competition there is on the college club circuit go to MTSU the last weekend of this month on the 30th and 31st for the NCWA National Duals. Several programs from the area (MTSU, TN Temple and possibly Lee) will be there as well as several other top clubs from GA, OH, FL and other states. The programs compare with the JUCO level and several NCWA programs have regularly competed with and beaten DII, NAIA and DIII programs. Some even wrestle DI schools when they can (UCF wrestles Purdue this month). NCWA wrestlers have caught rides with DI and other programs. These programs compete regularly and will help take your wrestling to another level if you are dedicated and serious about it.

Just curious. What DII or NAIA schools have lost to club teams? I hope you are wrong about this.

Just curious. What DII or NAIA schools have lost to club teams? I hope you are wrong about this.

The University of Central Florida (NCWA team) beat DIII teams Lawrence Univ. and The Milw. School of Eng. in December. UCF also wrestled Purdue in Florida on Monday losing 44-9.

The Apprentice School beat DII St Andrew's College in December as well. In November they beat DIII Univ. of Scranton . Apprentice also finished 5th in a field of 10 at the 12/08 Spartan Invitational. They placed ahead ahead of DI teams Delaware St, Liberty Univ. and Liberty Univ.

Marion Militay Institute (NCWA team) beat NAIA Cumberland in a dual in December as well.

NCWA teams regularly compete in open tournaments and have frequently placed wrestlers against DI, DII, DIII and NAIA teams.

apsuwrestling-

honestly, it is possible for him to do both, we will be needing a hwt since ours will be graduating in may.. My question is will he be on scholarship, if he will be on scholarship Coach Christophel will have to give him permission to wrestle...

"Calebsdad" email me so we can get this figured out... my email is anthony.shingler@gmail.com

@APSU- I go to NE.

And I was wondering if it would be too much of a hassle if I maybe attended one of your practices maybe get a feel for college wrestling and get a little bit better. Ill deff be there if you have a weekend practice.

@kevinlhs37- im definattly not scared of hard work.. Id had been looking a Temple for quite some time due to the fact that it is new and will need some numbers but my dad dosent really want me to go there because of religious beliefs. I really dont mind going since education and wrestling would be my main thing there.. not what religion they are.

HEy shaggmaster,

We would love for you to come out.. drop me and email and we can get you a time to come out.... my email is anthony.shingler@gmail.com