Perry County

fasteddie

Perry County Girls. Do they have a chance in the district?

Aren't they 4-0 in the district? They have already beaten Collinwood, I know, so I would say they have as good of a shot as anyone. looking at their schedule, it looks like next week will be the biggest test of the year as they have Summertown and Waynesboro back to back. they should beat Summertown, but Waynesboro will be tough for them since the lady cats have so much size, skill, and experience inside with daniel and hammonds and Perry County appears to have none of those three things inside. although, i guess you could say that Perry County has a big edge over Waynesboro in terms of their guards as they do have the simmons girl and warren girl, both of which appear to be the best two guards in the district, maybe even the region (of course you would have to include nelms at cornersville, ward at Collinwood, and garland at Moore County in that discussion), but they are definitely two of the top five in region 6A. With Perry County having those two girls, i think you definitely have to consider them a strong favorite to win 12A but then again any of these four in 12A could end up winning it before its all said and done.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any predictions or insight on the waynesboro/perry county game tongight? I am interested to see if perry can fare any better against waynesboro than we or the rest of the district has.

also, i didn't see the simmons girl in the box score for the summertown game??? did she play? if she's hurt or sick, tonight could be a long night for perry.

Alycia did play and scored against Summertown, not sure why she was left out of the box scores. It should be a good game tonight...

Oh ok. the Tennesseean is known for doing that, they have done it to our girls a few times as well as waynesboro's. I will be looking forward to the boxscore of this game. i hope it turns out to be a barnburner and that someone gives waynesboro a good game.

Yes, it was a good game. We (Perry County) could have won. We were up by 7 at half time. There were costly turnovers and lack of defense in the last 4 minutes of the game. It should be a good game when we go over to Waynesboro and play at their place. As far as the District goes the Championship game is up for grabs. I think Summertown, Waynesboro, Collinwood and Perry County any of these teams could end up winning the district.