MBA Basketball ... Future looks bright!

mrob

No dog in the hunt either except that I live in Williamson County and watch Centennial, Franklin, and Independence basketball games equally. But it looks as though this was most certainly a big recruit for MBA. But it's not the first, and certainly will not be the last. I do remember a similar incident 6 or 7 years back with a young man out of Woodland Middle, his name escapes me but Dion comes to mind, who went up to MBA for basketball. He was an exceptional middle school basketball player and an above average high school basketball player.

I can't remember the boy's last name either, but he was less of an athlete than a student. If I recall he was president of the student body his senior year. He went to Vanderbilt majoring in political science and wanted to gp to law school--he's probably a junior in college now. I think basketball was the only sport he played which is not typical of the best athletes at MBA.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the boy you guys are talking about is Deon Gains... Deon started at MBA in the 7th grade and was very intelligent in addition to becoming the student body president his senior year, where he earned an academic scholarship to Vanderbilt.. As for these two basketball "recruits"... from what Ive heard their father is a coach at UCLA and they also play football... so this was not just a basketball recruit for the big red. Looks like a state semifinal loss this year has started the search on the gridiron as well as the basketball court. Yes, MBA is a fabulous academic as well as character building environment for young boys, an obvious eye grabbing and aspiring school for any parent who wants their kids to succeed, but this kinda looks like he's had some people helping him search... well done MBA