MBA Basketball ... Future looks bright!

mrob

Independence frosh 6'7" David Howard and his bro 6'3" Trey (JR) transferred to MBA today. Does anyone know how the TSSAA will rule on them playing this year? I believe the whole family moved to Nashville from Franklin. With Mobley, Blackwell, Watts and the Howards next year.... They'll be really big and score a bunch.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence frosh 6'7" David Howard and his bro 6'3" Trey (JR) transferred to MBA today. Does anyone know how the TSSAA will rule on them playing this year? I believe the whole family moved to Nashville from Franklin. With Mobley, Blackwell, Watts and the Howards next year.... They'll be really big and score a bunch.

I don't think they can play varsity for 1 year, but can play jv now

Going to watch MBA at Cully tonight, see you there!!!

There is an obvious typo in the first sentence of this post. "Transferred" should be changed to "was recruited".

There is an obvious typo in the first sentence of this post. "Transferred" should be changed to "was recruited".

I've never heard of anyone transferring to MBA mid-year athlete or not. You gotta "want it" to go to MBA period. The parents must be pretty smart when it comes to the older kid (Trey). To get a diploma from MBA is special. It can carry you for life. So if they were recruited... sounds to me like they should have already been there. You have to be pretty bright to gasp their program midstream.

I've never heard of anyone transferring to MBA mid-year athlete or not. You gotta "want it" to go to MBA period. The parents must be pretty smart when it comes to the older kid (Trey). To get a diploma from MBA is special. It can carry you for life. So if they were recruited... sounds to me like they should have already been there. You have to be pretty bright to gasp their program midstream.

Apparently, the mother is a CPA who works in Nashville, moved 30 miles so she didnt have to travel into work 60miles round trip every day. Eligible to play immediately from what I heard. I also understand they applied way back in the fall after checking into the school but wasnt admitted until recently.

either way, Mrob is right, its rough over there academically so you gotta be able to work on the fly mid semester or you dont have a chance.

They were recruited plan and simple. Its not everyday a 6'7'' freshman basketball player up and moves. There is no other way to explain it. If they wanted in so badly, wouldn't he had applied as an 8th grader. Deny it all you want, but everyone knows what went on.

if you say so, then it must be true. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

They were recruited plan and simple. Its not everyday a 6'7'' freshman basketball player up and moves. There is no other way to explain it. If they wanted in so badly, wouldn't he had applied as an 8th grader. Deny it all you want, but everyone knows what went on.

I certainly have no dog in this hunt. I am not an MBA fan by any means, however.... Gerry....do you have some secret information? You know for a fact that the school that he was at is as good or better than the one that he has chosen to move to? Seems to me that you are stating something for a fact, when perhaps you really mean to be expressing an opinion......

No dog in the hunt either except that I live in Williamson County and watch Centennial, Franklin, and Independence basketball games equally. But it looks as though this was most certainly a big recruit for MBA. But it's not the first, and certainly will not be the last. I do remember a similar incident 6 or 7 years back with a young man out of Woodland Middle, his name escapes me but Dion comes to mind, who went up to MBA for basketball. He was an exceptional middle school basketball player and an above average high school basketball player.

Well, freshmen don't move, their parents do, and if this was a basketball driven move, I don't think MBA would have been the first school on the list. The basketball program has been pretty mediocre in recent memory. Believe it or not, not every parent who sends their children to MBA has athletics as their top priority.

If I was a 6'7" frosh b-ball player, MBA wouldn't have made my top 5 places to transfer to for basketball only. Now considering getting a quality education rivaled by few in the state (perhaps the country) AND the opportunity to play basketball ... priceless. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good move boys! And they did the move legally. Imagine if they were girls and they had transferred to Shelbyville. Would there be much of a fuss? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="