Independence 52, Franklin 47

PHargis

While having mixed emotions on making this post, there are times in following sports thats one is just proud of the results of a game. Not that I was pulling against Franklin High School, I definitely wasn't. But knowing the history of Independence before this season and what they went thru and with the School hiring a young coach to go with what wound up a young basketball team, Independence beat Franklin for their first District win tonite 52-47. Indy is certainly happy, I'm sure, but likely you are not going to hear much from them I would think. They started out a little slow. But it sure is vindication at this point for looking out of the box and hiring a fine coach right out of college and evidently a hard worker. And for Casey 6 points,Crowl 2 points, Kildgore 18 points, Martin 13 points, Phillipi 9 points and Ray 4 points, hard work pays off.

And for Franklin, who has a good team with about a 500 record, best of luck the rest of the year.

While having mixed emotions on making this post, there are times in following sports thats one is just proud of the results of a game. Not that I was pulling against Franklin High School, I definitely wasn't. But knowing the history of Independence before this season and what they went thru and with the School hiring a young coach to go with what wound up a young basketball team, Independence beat Franklin for their first District win tonite 52-47. Indy is certainly happy, I'm sure, but likely you are not going to hear much from them I would think. They started out a little slow. But it sure is vindication at this point for looking out of the box and hiring a fine coach right out of college and evidently a hard worker. And for Casey 6 points,Crowl 2 points, Kildgore 18 points, Martin 13 points, Phillipi 9 points and Ray 4 points, hard work pays off.

And for Franklin, who has a good team with about a 500 record, best of luck the rest of the year.

This makes independance undefeated for 2009! way to go ladies,,,, congratulations Miriska.......turning out to be a great new year Mrs....lol