Yesterday's Big 9 Conference Scoreboard

(brought to you by tricitiessportsfan)

Lady Indians 62, Lady Rebels 40

Lady Cougars 60, Lady Vikings 46

Lady Pioneers 59, Lady Hilltoppers 56

Lady Falcons 47, Lady 'Blazers 28

----------------------------------------

Current Big 9 Conference Standings - As of Jan. 6

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Tennessee High, 5-1 (10-2)

Dobyns Bennett, 5-1 (10-5)

David Crockett, 4-2 (9-6)

Science Hill, 3-2 (6-9)

Sullivan East, 3-3 (6-9)

Sullivan Central, 3-3 (11-5)

Volunteer, 1-4 (5-10)

Daniel Boone, 1-5 (4-13)

Sullivan South, 1-5 (3-8)

----------------------------------------

Upcoming Big 9 Conference Schedule

Week of Monday, Jan. 5-Sunday, Jan. 11

Wednesday, January 7

No games scheduled

Thursday, January 8

Sullivan South @ Sullivan North

Friday, January 9

Daniel Boone @ Sullivan Central

Tennessee High @ David Crockett

Science Hill @ Dobyns Bennett

Volunteer @ Sullivan East

Saturday, January 10

No games scheduled

Sunday, January 11

No games scheduled

DavidCrockettFan, you can help me. I've updated the Women's Basketball schedules for each school in the Big 9 Conference and I can't remember if the Lady Pioneers participated in a tournament after Christmas. I know they played in the Volunteer Classic at Volunteer before Christmas break, but am unsure of another tournament post-Christmas. If so, could you try and find the name of the tournament, the tournaments location, opponents faced, and scores if at all possible. Any of the information I just mentioned is appreciated. Also to anyone else who may know, feel free to inform me. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone think District 1AAA will win a single game in regionals? I watched MWest, Greeneville, and Cocke Co (& DB) in the GreenBank tourney and don't think there is anyone in the Big 9 that can play with them. The winner of the district tourney might have a shot on their home floor vs IMAC #4 (Jeff Co or MEast), but the rest might as well forget it. This is the weakest Big 9 I've seen in 3 years.

Can someone give me a reason to cheer up?

DavidCrockettFan, you can help me. I've updated the Women's Basketball schedules for each school in the Big 9 Conference and I can't remember if the Lady Pioneers participated in a tournament after Christmas. I know they played in the Volunteer Classic at Volunteer before Christmas break, but am unsure of another tournament post-Christmas. If so, could you try and find the name of the tournament, the tournaments location, opponents faced, and scores if at all possible. Any of the information I just mentioned is appreciated. Also to anyone else who may know, feel free to inform me. Thanks in advance.

I'm almost sure they did not play in any other tournament than the Volunteer Classic. They have played on the road all year and probably didn't want to travel anywhere else. The Lady Pioneers did not play their first home game until tonight.

Tonight was a good game. Both teams played well and I look forward to the rematch. I was disappointed in the way the game was called.

I'm almost sure they did not play in any other tournament than the Volunteer Classic. They have played on the road all year and probably didn't want to travel anywhere else. The Lady Pioneers did not play their first home game until tonight.

Tonight was a good game. Both teams played well and I look forward to the rematch. I was disappointed in the way the game was called.

I take it Tennessee High won? What was the score?

Does anyone think District 1AAA will win a single game in regionals? I watched MWest, Greeneville, and Cocke Co (& DB) in the GreenBank tourney and don't think there is anyone in the Big 9 that can play with them. The winner of the district tourney might have a shot on their home floor vs IMAC #4 (Jeff Co or MEast), but the rest might as well forget it. This is the weakest Big 9 I've seen in 3 years.

Your right about the Big 9 not looking like they will be able to compete with the IMAC in the region tournament. Stranger things have happened, but no...you have no reason to cheer up.

tricitiessportsfan Region 1 Predictions

District 1

#1 - Tennessee High

#2 - Dobyns Bennett

#3/#4 - David Crockett/Science Hill/Sullivan Central

District 2

#1 - Morristown West

#2 - Cocke Co.

#3 - Greeneville

#4 - Jefferson Co./Morristown East

Yesterday??™s (1/9) Big 9 Conference Scoreboard

(brought to you by tricitiessportsfan)

Friday, January 9

Dobyns Bennett 61, Science Hill 32

Tennessee High 73, David Crockett 61

Sullivan East 53, Volunteer 43

Sullivan Central 53, Daniel Boone 26

-----------------------------

Current Big 9 Conference Standings - As of 1/10

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Tennessee High, 6-1 (11-2)

Dobyns Bennett, 6-1 (11-5)

David Crockett, 4-3 (9-7)

Sullivan East, 4-3 (6-9)

Sullivan Central, 4-3 (12-5)

Science Hill, 3-3 (6-10)

Sullivan South, 1-5 (3-8)

Volunteer, 1-5 (5-11)

Daniel Boone, 1-6 (4-14)

The BIG 9 is not really that much weaker than before. 2 teams in the IMAC are just way ahead. MoWest is a powerhouse, and Cocke Co. is just reaching their prime. I would be surprised if anybody besides these to make it out of the Regionals alive. But Big 9 not win a game? Don't see that happening. Jeff Co. and MoEast are very talented, but not more so than the top Big 9 teams. And didn't Tennessee High just beat Greeneville? So it can be done. I could see the Big 9 winning 1 or maybe 2 (if the matchups are right) in the 1st round, but I see MoWest and Cocke Co. coming out in the end.....................