DRESDEN ATHLETICS?

TOPDOLLAR

WHAT HAPPENED TO DRESDEN ATHLETICS? BACK IN THE 80S AND 90S DRESDEN SPORTS WAS ALL COMPETITVE. GIRLS BBALL BOYS BBALL AND FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL. I THINK LAST TEAM THAT HAS DONE ANYTHING WAS IN 94 OR 95 BOYS BASKETBALL. IM JUST OLD ALUMNI AND LIVE IN MEMPHIS NOW, AND HAVE ALWAYS KEPT UP WITH DRESDEN THRU NEWSPAPER INTERNET OR FRIENDS. IT IS VERY EMBARRASING TO KNOW THAT THE COACHES THEY HAVE ARE FROM DRESDEN AND UNQUALIFIED TO COACH. IT IS ALL [POLITICS, BUT YOU WOULD THINK POLITICS WOULD WANT TO WIN. IT IS ASHAME AND THEY SHOULD CONSOLIDATE SCHOOLS BC NO ONE CARES ABOUT DRESDEN ATHLETICS FROM BOOSTER CLUB PRESIDENTS TO THE PRINCIPAL TO THE COACHES. NO ONE CAN ARGUE WITH THIS TOPIC BC ITS TRUE AND THE TEAMS AND RECORDS FOR LAST 15 YEARS IS ALL THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW. IM HAPPY FOR COLEMAN KID FROM MILAN WHO LEFT DRESDEN BC COACHES WOULD HAVE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE MADE HIM A TIGHT END OR SOMETHING. I KNOW ITS HARD FOR ME TO GET THINGS DONE FROM MEMPHIS BUT I WILL POST AND WRITE TO EVERY BLOG OR NEWSPAPERS TO GET THINGS CHANGED. IF EVERYONE WOULD DO THE SAME...THINGS COULD CHANGE. CHUCK WEST IS A GOOD MAN BUT HIS TIME HAS PASSED AND THEIR NEEDS TO BE NEW LEADERSHIP IN DRESDEN ATHLETICS. PLEASE LOOK AT RECORDS JUST FOR LAST 2 YEARS FROM EVERY SPORT AND ITS MIND BOGGLING. THERE MUST BE SOME CHANGES. I USE TO BE PROUD TO SAY WHERE I PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS NOW IM EMBARRASSED. KIDS DESERVE BETTER

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY DO HAVE ATHLETES AND HAVE HAD SOME IN PAST YEARS. COACHING AND LEADERSHIP CAN DO ALOT FOR YOUNG KIDS. FOOTBALL TEAM HASNT WON GAME IN 2 YEARS. THE BOYS BASKETBALL COACH HASNT HAD A WINNING SEASON YET AND IS LIKE 0-15 THIS YEAR AND STILL IS THE COACH. MOST SCHOOL MAKE CHANGES BUT ITS POLITICS

Guest Advisor

WHAT HAPPENED TO DRESDEN ATHLETICS? BACK IN THE 80S AND 90S DRESDEN SPORTS WAS ALL COMPETITVE. GIRLS BBALL BOYS BBALL AND FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL. I THINK LAST TEAM THAT HAS DONE ANYTHING WAS IN 94 OR 95 BOYS BASKETBALL. IM JUST OLD ALUMNI AND LIVE IN MEMPHIS NOW, AND HAVE ALWAYS KEPT UP WITH DRESDEN THRU NEWSPAPER INTERNET OR FRIENDS. IT IS VERY EMBARRASING TO KNOW THAT THE COACHES THEY HAVE ARE FROM DRESDEN AND UNQUALIFIED TO COACH. IT IS ALL [POLITICS, BUT YOU WOULD THINK POLITICS WOULD WANT TO WIN. IT IS ASHAME AND THEY SHOULD CONSOLIDATE SCHOOLS BC NO ONE CARES ABOUT DRESDEN ATHLETICS FROM BOOSTER CLUB PRESIDENTS TO THE PRINCIPAL TO THE COACHES. NO ONE CAN ARGUE WITH THIS TOPIC BC ITS TRUE AND THE TEAMS AND RECORDS FOR LAST 15 YEARS IS ALL THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW. IM HAPPY FOR COLEMAN KID FROM MILAN WHO LEFT DRESDEN BC COACHES WOULD HAVE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE MADE HIM A TIGHT END OR SOMETHING. I KNOW ITS HARD FOR ME TO GET THINGS DONE FROM MEMPHIS BUT I WILL POST AND WRITE TO EVERY BLOG OR NEWSPAPERS TO GET THINGS CHANGED. IF EVERYONE WOULD DO THE SAME...THINGS COULD CHANGE. CHUCK WEST IS A GOOD MAN BUT HIS TIME HAS PASSED AND THEIR NEEDS TO BE NEW LEADERSHIP IN DRESDEN ATHLETICS. PLEASE LOOK AT RECORDS JUST FOR LAST 2 YEARS FROM EVERY SPORT AND ITS MIND BOGGLING. THERE MUST BE SOME CHANGES. I USE TO BE PROUD TO SAY WHERE I PLAYED HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS NOW IM EMBARRASSED. KIDS DESERVE BETTER

First of all.....you don't consolidate or merge with another school and close another because the athletic program is not performing to the community's standards! HOWEVER.....your point is well taken. The biggest problem is participation is down. In EVERY sport, when participation is up, you will be better by default! Get more students playing, you will inheritly improve. Good coaches recruit the hallways!

Sorry should not have posted, not worthy of comment. Soemone from Humboldt talking about coaching? Does pot calling kettle mean anything.

Listen dude I know Humboldt's boys basketball coach has seen his best years and needs to retire and i feel the exact same way but i am saying desden has no talent in its programs! Humboldt has kids that are born to play sports,guys that are 6'7 6'6 and so on. Dresden has nothing and probably won't win a football game next year either so there is no more point in wasting our time talking about them lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I GUESS THERE IS NO DRESDEN FANS ON COACHT. I GUESS THEIR EMBARASSED OR JUST HAVE GAVE UP ON DRESDEN ATHLETICS

Just found this topic and I will be brief. First of all there is nothing wrong with Dresden Athletics. After being in the upper tier for many years Dresden now is trying to keep it's head above the water. I feel safe in saying if the complainers would get their heads out of the sand and support their program rather than finding falut with everyone from the admin to the coaches then things would and will turn around. After all, they will be moving back into a district where they will once agin be one of the larger schools.