Westview at Milan

cdja1991

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Milan by 10. Milan could make a pretty good run this season. They have a very good team and are playing under the radar. I think they COULD make it to the region championship if they play like they can. I said COULD not will.

I think you are giving them a bit too much credit.... REGIONAL championship.... NO! They are playing well and are certianly much better than most people thought, but they would not be able to make it past Northside, Covington, even Haywood who is playing MUUUUUCH better, Fayette Ware, etc... They can certianly play for a district tourney championship though. The kids play hard, execute well, and seem to have a good basketball IQ. I've seen a lot of criticism of Coach Shepard over the past few years but it is obvious he has been doing a good job b/c this team MAY be one of the less ATHLETIC groups they've have the past few years but are definately coached well and are better overall players.

I think you are giving them a bit too much credit.... REGIONAL championship.... NO! They are playing well and are certianly much better than most people thought, but they would not be able to make it past Northside, Covington, even Haywood who is playing MUUUUUCH better, Fayette Ware, etc... They can certianly play for a district tourney championship though. The kids play hard, execute well, and seem to have a good basketball IQ. I've seen a lot of criticism of Coach Shepard over the past few years but it is obvious he has been doing a good job b/c this team MAY be one of the less ATHLETIC groups they've have the past few years but are definately coached well and are better overall players.

oh, let me clarify my comment... i noticed you did say could... i dont think they could realistically. Now of course there are major upsets and great tourney runs at all levels every year so anything is possible, but i just think the road would be too tough for them to make it (even in a "COULD" sense).

Coach, I'm wondering if GCP meant district championship instead of region. But you're right on with the analysis of Milan's team. I remember watching Milan about 5 or 6 years ago when they were right up at the top with Bolivar, South Side and Humboldt in that region. It's good to see them doing well.

I'm going with Westview by less than 5 in this game. Wouldn't be surprised to see Milan win though, as they are definitely capable, and think the Bulldogs will win the rematch at home in a few weeks.

This will be a good game but I'm liking Westview! Jacob and Davell Lloyd are 2 tough players on the offensive and defensive ends of the court, if both stay out of foul trouble and Dillion Gardner continues to shoot the ball well off of the bench, Westview will win! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I honestly think that Milan could play with North Side... Milan is talented and deep this year! Lawrence Douglas, Beau Vandiver, Brady Shepphered, Luke Postoak, the other 2 quick guards they got and another few players in off the bench. I've seen them 3 times now and they are under-rated. They will slip up on some teams this year for sure and will be a surprise come tournament time....watch

I honestly think that Milan could play with North Side... Milan is talented and deep this year! Lawrence Douglas, Beau Vandiver, Brady Shepphered, Luke Postoak, the other 2 quick guards they got and another few players in off the bench. I've seen them 3 times now and they are under-rated. They will slip up on some teams this year for sure and will be a surprise come tournament time....watch

you know your sports and i certianly respect your views. yes they are underrated but i just dont feel they'd have enough to hang with the athlete dominated South part of the region! Remember humboldt blew them completely out of the water TWICE and to be honest I think humboldt may be a tad overrated but they are athlete dominant to Milan. Vandiver has no chance nor does anyone of the bulldogs of stopping a Prather, or Nick Barbee from FW and Haywood and Covington arent as big but just too fast and powerfull. But as stated earlier... anything is possible and although I would be slightly surprised if Milan did make it I wouldnt be in complete disbelief or utter stunned amazement.

you know your sports and i certianly respect your views. yes they are underrated but i just dont feel they'd have enough to hang with the athlete dominated South part of the region! Remember humboldt blew them completely out of the water TWICE and to be honest I think humboldt may be a tad overrated but they are athlete dominant to Milan. Vandiver has no chance nor does anyone of the bulldogs of stopping a Prather, or Nick Barbee from FW and Haywood and Covington arent as big but just too fast and powerfull. But as stated earlier... anything is possible and although I would be slightly surprised if Milan did make it I wouldnt be in complete disbelief or utter stunned amazement.

I may be giving Milan too much of a pat on the back, but I honestly think they're being overlooked by alot of West TN AA teams. This years Milan team is ALOT better than when Quinn Hunt was running the show. Milan has 5-7 different players that could be the leading scorer for them on any given night.