Beech @ Dickson Co

Bucs

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cougars have gotten all of their first game jitters and mistakes out of the way, and against a good team.

DC comes out on a mission to get last week behind them and Beech goes through the game with all the first game mistakes one can expect of any team.

I say Dickson wins this one by two TDs.

[Edited by just1np on 8-27-02 4:29P]

I'm not taking anything away from Beech, but Dickson County looked very strong last week against Riverdale. I think Dickson County will take this one. If the game is close.....thats "if"....it will be fun watching the coaching stratagies. Veteran Coach Jerry Pearson vs. First year coach Trey Aric. It should be a fun and exciting game to watch. Good luck to both schools......and both coaches.

other thought. Dickson is not a short drive from New Shackle. I don't see BHS getting much fan support for this one. It is summer, so the teens will be out cruisen', and the older folks'll be at home listening on the radio.

Poor support, first game, good opponent(with a game under their belt)...spells a 0-1 start for the Bucs.

Guest BHS37075
Posted by just1np:

other thought. Dickson is not a short drive from New Shackle. I don't see BHS getting much fan support for this one. It is summer, so the teens will be out cruisen', and the older folks'll be at home listening on the radio.

Poor support, first game, good opponent(with a game under their belt)...spells a 0-1 start for the Bucs.

your right from new shackle dickson county is about an hour and a half but as a fan of BEECH i know that the school is taking a pep bus and many kids are driving. Beech fans are great and i give them alot of credit. they are always painted up and ready to go. so dont think this long distance is going to scare the players or the fans. LETS GO BEECH! :rolleyes:

Not good fan support at beech !!!??? :D hahahaha, that makes me laugh, b/c beech has by far got THE best support when it comes to fans and students being at the games. Yea it might be summer, but theres no where to be cruisin. Everyone will be at the game to support beech that can be. The only crusin friday night is the bucs over dickson co!!!

I think it's great Beech has good fan support. That is what High School Football is all about and that is the way it should be.....supporting your team and your school. It will be a fun road trip on the way to Dickson.....but I'm afraid it may not be much fun for you on the way home. You see....you can bring all the fans you want.....and you can paint whatever body parts you want..but you can't call the plays.....and you can't block and tackle.....and you can't throw a flag. This game will be decided on the field......and Dickson County is the superior team this year. If Beech wins.....I will call it an upset. I am not from Hendersonville or Dickson......just a Fan of High School Football.....and this is just my opinion, so Beech fans....don't get all excited.....save it for friday night.

I wish both Schools the best of luck.

Beech does have good fan support and the only crusin spot would be Long Hollow Pike. I don't think that the kids want to dodge all the construction. But one thing that I have noticed is that according to the way the season goes so does the fan support. Hey it happens to all of us I know but I was suprised that there were so few at the Beech/Gallatin game last year. The year before they brought a ton to the Waveyard. One thing though, this year keep the pep club off the grass!!!

In the 14 years i've been at Beech there hasn't been any radio to cover our games. so that won't be a reason either.

we have always had great support from fans and i don't see it changing. Coach Aric and staff are doing a fine job but Dickson is going to be a very tough opponent for a first game. We will have to play a superb game to win. Our coaches scouted the Dickson Co.- Riverdale game last week and thought Dickson Co. outplayed the Warriors but the mistakes killed them. Go BUCS !!!!!!!!

[Edited by jdmtpb on 8-29-02 10:21P]

Posted by GWAVE1:

Beech does have good fan support and the only crusin spot would be Long Hollow Pike. I don't think that the kids want to dodge all the construction. But one thing that I have noticed is that according to the way the season goes so does the fan support. Hey it happens to all of us I know but I was suprised that there were so few at the Beech/Gallatin game last year. The year before they brought a ton to the Waveyard. One thing though, this year keep the pep club off the grass!!!

gwave, the pep club will be alllll over your grass when we roll into town this year. But will talk more about that when week 10 approaches. :o