District 11AAA

IndyEagle09

It's that time of year again and the arms and bats are starting warm up. So what does everyone have coming back this year and what are the predictions. Some big story lines to follow.

1. Can Ravenwood repeat their success of last post-season or will the clock strike 12 on the Raptors?

2. Can Brentwood's big arms return them to the promised land?

3. Can Centennial score enough runs to overcome the lack of arms?

4. How will Franklin respond to the loss of a great coach and senior class?

5. Will Indy finally get over the hump?

I haven't kept up with alot of news this offseason but I know Indy is primed to finally stake their claim as top dog in the district. We have a great senior class that is ready to lead the way. I don't think Ravenwood will be as successful as last year after losing IMO the most valuable player to any team in the district last season. Franklin is finally going down this year, as they lost a great coach and have no more Josephs in the stable. Who is the new coach over there anyways? So I think the top 2 teams will be Indy and Brentwood, with both going to the boro this year.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe brentwood, but i doubt indy

why not us? i mean we have the most talent returning out of all the teams. Brentwood will be the only team on our level in the district. Ravenwood is down, but has a great coach. Franklin is done especially with Coach A and Coach Jones now at Indy. Centennial just doesn't have the arms. So once again why not us?

Is there anyone out there?

I don't think you can automatically put Indy at the top. I agree, they have some pretty good pitchers, and a good senior class. But, who do they have to hit? They have Lee, and a couple other decent hitters, but I think they're going to have trouble scoring runs against quality pitching. I think Brentwood has to be the favorite at this point, just with their pitching, but they're going to have some trouble scoring runs. I wouldn't count out Franklin quite yet though, I think they're going to surprise some people

My Prediction:

Brentwood

Franklin

Indy

Ravenwood

Centennial

Overton

Hillsboro

Hillwood

This does appear to be the year Indy should finally start turning some heads. With a 10-1 start last year, many thought last year was the year, but then they reached district play and could not continue that success against the tough district. Only losing 3 seniors (only one that played everyday in McClendon), experience is now the advantage for the Eagles. A deep pitching staff will give them the opportunity to win every game.

Brentwood, though having lost some key players, stacks up well to rival Indy for the top spot. The loss of Burgess and Hackett on the hill hurts, but Ray and Hillis will provide that same one two punch. The offense will be there, so Brentwood will be tough to beat.

Franklin has finally reached a year where there is a good possibility of being knocked off the top. I will never count them out because it would be ridiculous to say a Rebel baseball team has no chance, but the loss of Coach A and the very good senior class (Joseph, Dykes, Grude, Dobbins, etc.) forces many unexperienced players to step up.

Centennial lost a bulk of their offensive production, but also bring back some solid hitters, Kemp in particular. The pitching will prove to be their downfall in my opinion. They survived the regular season last year without stellar arms, but I don't see that happening again. With the combination of the bats and arms they lost, I don't see CHS repeating their success.

Ravenwood surprised everyone with their run to the Boro last year. They return many starters from that team, but the reality is that they rode on the back of Kes Carter the whole way. Without him, I don't see the Raptors repeating that success. They will be competitive in the district, but not a top team.

Overton always seems to find a way to be successful every year. It seems like they lose their whole team, but then reload every year. This was true, until last year. Overton was a good team, but not a dominate team like years past. They return several starters, but not enough pitching to elevate them to the top of a tough district.

Hillwood and Hillsboro, more than likely, will remain the bottom two as usual.

1. Independence

2. Brentwood

3. Franklin

4. Centennial

5. Ravenwood

6. Overton

7. Hillsboro

8. Hillwood

Indy beat Brentwood 3 times last year with pretty much the same team they will send out this year. Thats why I see them claiming the top spot.

Thank you, it looks like Brentwood and Indy rank atop everyone's list.

Centennial, Ravenwood, and Franklin can be the doormat for us Williamson County teams. I just can't make up my mind who will finish 3rd, I say Overton sneaks in and takes 3rd followed by Centennial, Ravenwood and then Franklin.

What do you mean by the doormat? If you've forgotten, Franklin has advanced out of the district the past five years, Ravenwood made it to state last year, and Centennial has had much more success than Independence, who has not done anything ever. Overton? Give me a break, they have nobody.

the slingshots would give any of these teams a run for their money

I know exactly who this is, and I'll have to say I agree. The Slingshots would be an easy #2 haha.

But seriously, I do not see Overton finishing #3. I see them possibility competing for it, but they do not have the pitching or offensive firepower to keep up.

Brentwood

Independence

Franklin

Centinial

and does the rest really matter.

These are the only real contenders.

Ravenwood couldnt quite make the cut with a lack of pitching and hitting it will be hard to get back to state.

Brentwood will have 3 proven pitchers with Ray, Hillis, and Lee. And expect to see sophmore Tyson Ashcraft making major contributions on the mound and at the plate. But agreed scoring runs will be a problem for the bruins. They will rely heavily on Ryan Shelton, Andrew Slusser, David Hood, and the Martin Signee Gavin O'neal to get things going and hope everything else just works out.

Independence will rely on the lipscomb signee Brandon Rowe to cover most of their duties on the hill. Offensively Independence is gonna be pretty basic. dane Owen who had been pretty reliable since his freshman year. Their downfall will surely be lack of depth but with a little work can be delt with because their is potential.

Franklin is just going to have to recover from losing the best highschool line up in tn for the last three years. Seniors Matt Young and Colton Robertson are going to have their work cut out for them. They just have the highschool curse of lack of depth. Maybe the Franklin underclassmen will come through and turn out a winning season. They also get my pick for sleeper team to win a lot of games.

Centenial is not going to be a bad team. With Tony Kemp who can be a major impact player they will win games. But with little help on the mound its gonna require the cougars to get as many runs as they can out of each game because runs will be scored on them.

But really you never know. Maybe Overton can turn some heads and do well with not a lot as they have in the past. Best of luck to division 11AAA