Speed

Coach Mo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed never goes into a slump, so who are some of the fastest girls on the basepaths this year?

Speed never goes into a slump

I remember a certin coach making this statment only to watch his team (with 2 of the fastest players in the country) go something like 2/12 in the WCWS...... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Watley & Lowe didnt burn the bases up in the Gold Medal game in Beijing now did they? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Interesting topic tho..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Speed never goes into a slump

I remember a certin coach making this statment only to watch his team (with 2 of the fastest players in the country) go something like 2/12 in the WCWS...... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Watley & Lowe didnt burn the bases up in the Gold Medal game in Beijing now did they? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Interesting topic tho..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Speed can kill in the outfield. Last year, one of our players hit a pretty good fly ball to the outfield. It originally looked like it was going over Hammond's head. Whitney Hammond ran it down and made a spectacular play. This hit would have been a basehit on anyone else. You can't teach speed!

Keep your eyes on Whitney Hammond and Tory Lewis of GPS. Both are committed to the University of Tennessee, and can fly.

I did not see another team last year that had the speed like these two. Didn't you guys also have a senior last year with great speed?

Kamri Chester was the senior last year. She's now a freshmen at the University of Memphis, and did very well during the fall season. GPS also has Megan Givens who is a senior this year, and has run 2.75 from home to first.

Has Megan signed with anyone?

Megan Givens is going to Tennessee.

Think GPS has a wealth of speed with their returning players? They have a freshman slapper that has run 2.9, 2.8, 2.8 over the last few months at a College Showcase, Tennessee Camp, and Auburn Camp. Her name is Madison Boyd.

There is a player from Cleveland High School that stole a bunch of bases last year if I remember correctly. What was her name?

Think GPS has a wealth of speed with their returning players? They have a freshman slapper that has run 2.9, 2.8, 2.8 over the last few months at a College Showcase, Tennessee Camp, and Auburn Camp. Her name is Madison Boyd.

There is a player from Cleveland High School that stole a bunch of bases last year if I remember correctly. What was her name?

Was the girl from Cleveland, Payton Tipton?