Speed

Coach Mo

I will have to disagree. Most are bias and are posted by parents, coaches (both HS and summer), or alums. That's not saying you can't get some good info from these threads, but the info that's put on here is just another scouting tool for HS coaches. When a private school from the Memphis area plays Cheyenne I know they will be ready for her.

Good info is "good" if you do something with it. I enjoy watching a highly skilled athlete play while also trying to figure out how to keep her off base. This web site was built for parents, coaches and alums. Below is a quote from CoachT.

CoachT.com was built on the premise that fans, coaches and players are the ones who really know what is happening around the state.

By bringing these experts together in one place, we are able to expand everyone's knowledge about teams and schools all across the state.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info is "good" if you do something with it. I enjoy watching a highly skilled athlete play while also trying to figure out how to keep her off base. This web site was built for parents, coaches and alums. Below is a quote from CoachT.

CoachT.com was built on the premise that fans, coaches and players are the ones who really know what is happening around the state.

By bringing these experts together in one place, we are able to expand everyone's knowledge about teams and schools all across the state.

All I was saying was that I disagreed with you about the information on here is unbias. Most everyone on this site is here because they are a fan of some team or player, myself included, this is why they are bias toward such. Smart coaches such as youself use this info to their advantage. That's why you won't see me giving info about players or teams here. Now I might talk about known studs such as Cat Hosfield was last year or teams like Goodpasture or Soddy

lol - it could also read "was built on the premise that every mommy and daddy think their precious baby is the best ever, and we are giving them the opportunity to tell the world".

Like I said, you don't have to point out talent to me --- I know it when I see it.

Nice quote.....wonder if we could get it added to the Credo?

thats what coach mo wanted to know,what ever his intetions of starting the topic my be,i could care less.i do know cheyenne's times are legitimate,and i hope there are more than just moms,dads,fans and enthusiasts of high school sports looking on coacht if you catch my drift.i hope you have a nice day as well.

Actually, I heard she had the 2nd fastest time at the UTC camp. A kid from Georgia had the fastest.

Cheyenne definately posseses impressive speed. I would think she will be a tremendous assest to the Coffee County team (I beleive that is where she plays).

By the way, opinions on this site are far from unbiased (98% of the time).

I did not see another team last year that had the speed like these two. Didn't you guys also have a senior last year with great speed?

I saw some fast girls last year and these two were quick, I saw Cheyenne Willis at UTC and she is about as quick. Word is that Coffee Co has another speed demon to go with her on the base paths, anybody know who she is if it is true?

I saw some fast girls last year and these two were quick, I saw Cheyenne Willis at UTC and she is about as quick. Word is that Coffee Co has another speed demon to go with her on the base paths, anybody know who she is if it is true?

Juli Layne bats from the left side and is close to the same speed as Cheyenne. She is a freshmen and plays mostly outfield.

They have not raced that I know of lately but they have always been close in speed.

Chelsea Howell is a freshmen catcher that bats mostly right handed but does slap and hit some from the left.

She ran a 2.8 I think at the UTC camp.

It will be tough for the freshmen to beat out the seniors on the team this year but I am sure Coach Floyd feels great about the depth

in case of injury or even if someone needs a day off. All these kids can play from the seniors through the freshmen.

Several of the seniors are very fast as well as far as defensive play but bat right handed so their numbers don't show up as well.

Shelby Davis, the senior catcher batted lead off last year and is as quick as a cat behind the plate. I don't know all the details but

I am sure we will see her in a college uniform next year.

Juli Layne bats from the left side and is close to the same speed as Cheyenne. She is a freshmen and plays mostly outfield.

They have not raced that I know of lately but they have always been close in speed.

Chelsea Howell is a freshmen catcher that bats mostly right handed but does slap and hit some from the left.

She ran a 2.8 I think at the UTC camp.

It will be tough for the freshmen to beat out the seniors on the team this year but I am sure Coach Floyd feels great about the depth

in case of injury or even if someone needs a day off. All these kids can play from the seniors through the freshmen.

Several of the seniors are very fast as well as far as defensive play but bat right handed so their numbers don't show up as well.

Shelby Davis, the senior catcher batted lead off last year and is as quick as a cat behind the plate. I don't know all the details but

I am sure we will see her in a college uniform next year.

There was a kid at UTC that we spculated may be from Coffee Co but I didn't catch her name and don't know if she is the girl we were told about or not anyway it appears that there may be two where we thought there was just one, if they can play, and we were told she could... could make things interesting for us in the 379 and other places as well.

There was a kid at UTC that we spculated may be from Coffee Co but I didn't catch her name and don't know if she is the girl we were told about or not anyway it appears that there may be two where we thought there was just one, if they can play, and we were told she could... could make things interesting for us in the 379 and other places as well.

Jefferson County High School may not have the fastest girl in the state, but they have 4 sub 3 second girls. Racheal Tucker (senior), Jessie Smith, Haley Nelson (juniors), and Halie Taylor (sophmore) and all are base savy. This will definately compete for the fastest outfield around with Nelson being the only infielder.