CUMBERLAND CO @ CLARKRANGE

tiggerbaby

Cumberland County is actually a good team regardless of the score. They have about four girls that can legitimately shoot the 3 and a very good post presence as well. As a AAA school they came into the game at 12-5 and I would not be surprised to see them finish with a very good record. Last night they ran into a buzzsaw as CR was hitting on all cylinders outside and inside. The 3s were raining down and the inside game with all three post players that played could not be stopped. Scoring was very spread out amongst the lady buffaloes.

Can someone tell me the circumstances surrounding the death of the 11 yr old that the cheerleaders were taking up money for the family? I didn't catch what the announcer had said.

Thanks, and if it shouldn't be posted, then please don't. I was just curious. My heart goes out to them.

Can someone tell me the circumstances surrounding the death of the 11 yr old that the cheerleaders were taking up money for the family? I didn't catch what the announcer had said.

Thanks, and if it shouldn't be posted, then please don't. I was just curious. My heart goes out to them.

From the Fentress Courier:

11-Year-Old??™s Death Caused By Bacterial Meningitis

The death of an 11-year-old elementary school student last week was determined to have been caused by bacterial meningitis.

The community was shocked and saddened last week to learn of the death of 11-year-old Tiffany Swafford, who died Monday, January 5 at her home.

While no foul play was suspected, a thorough investi-gation was conducted by the Fentress County Sheriff??™s Department and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, which included an autopsy by University Pathologists in Knoxville.

Following the release of the results of the autopsy, on Thursday, Dr. Mark Clapp, Fentress County Medical Examiner, issued a statement, stating: "I?know the community has been concerned because of this loss of a young life. Tiffany had bacterial meningitis. This was apparently a sporadic case, and we don??™t feel that there is a need to treat in any way. There are types of bacterial meningitis which would require treatment of family members, but the case she had does not require that."

Dr. Clapp concluded by extending his condolences to the family on the loss of this young life.

Following is a copy of the finding by University Pathologists, P.C.:

January 7, 2009

Regarding Tiffany Swafford, date of death January 5, 2009:

The decedent??™s cause of death is bacterial meningitis due to streptococcus pneumoniae which has been isolated from the culture. This is a sporadic case of meningitis requiring no prophylaxis for the family and/or community.

Darinka Mileusnic M.D., Ph.D.

In honor and memory of Miss Swafford, Fentress County schools were closed Friday for her funeral.