OS @ Coalfield

supergeek2130

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Springs will win.

Why?

OSHS dominates Morgan County teams in all sports. That statement isn't arrogant. It's reality.

Occasionally, OSHS will slip up and lose to a Morgan County team. However, that's an anomaly.

This isn't a 10, 20, or 30 year pattern. It's been this way since OSHS has fielded a basketball team going back to the inception of it's storied program.

The Lady Cats have the following on their mind -district championship, regional championship, sub state win, State tourney berth, and state championship.

The game at Coalfield is part of the process. However, coalfield beating OSHS would make the Lady Jackets season.

That's the difference between the two programs.

OS is gunning for it's 8th straight district championship.

Let's look at Lady Cat basketball since since 2001-2002 season:

2001-2002 District 4 AA champs & AA state tourney

2002-2003 District4 AA champs, ranked in the AA top 8 most of season

2003-2004 District 4 AA champs, ranked in the AA top 4 most of season, & AA state tourney semifinalist

2004-2005 district4 AA champs, ranked #1 in AA a lot of year

2005-2006 District 4 A champs, Class A state tourney

2006-2007 District 4 a champs, Class A state RUNNER UP

2007-2008 District 4 a champs, Class A state tourney

Oliver Springs has beaten nationally and state ranked teams from all classifications, yet someoene believes that Coalfield's home atmosphere is going to hinder the Lady Cats?

OSHS has beaten teams like Clarkrange, Livingston Academy, Knox Webb, Lebanon, Kingsport D-B, McMinn Central, Giles County, William Blount, Stone Memorial, Austin East, Seymour, Trinity Christian, White County, Cumberland County, and Grundy Country during the past eight years.

I'm not even including 4-5 Holiday tourneys in Florida where the Lady Cats were champions.

The point is this= OSHS game against Coalfield Coalfield Expect a business like attitude by the Lady Cats.

OS by 10.

I'm looking forward to Clarkrange and Knox Webb visiting the Cat's den later in the year. Those are the two games left in the regular season that should be interesting and be very telling to see if the Lady Cat's have improved and will be a serious challenger for the state championship.

I'm looking forward to Clarkrange and Knox Webb visiting the Cat's den later in the year. Those are the two games left in the regular season that should be interesting and be very telling to see if the Lady Cat's have improved and will be a serious challenger for the state championship.

I would have to add OS at Jackson County to this list OS91.

On the other hand, I'm taking OS again at Coalfield. They seem to be improving as of late. The team is playing well as is always near the end of the season and the tournaments. If I do recall correctly, I remember the lady jackets beating OS at Coalfield last year. I remember that as a spectator, so I'm sure the players haven't forgot it either. OS will want revenge on Coalfield's home floor. I see the lady cats having more of a will to win than the lady jackets tomorrow night. It will be a great game to watch!! OS by 13 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would have to add OS at Jackson County to this list OS91.

On the other hand, I'm taking OS again at Coalfield. They seem to be improving as of late. The team is playing well as is always near the end of the season and the tournaments. If I do recall correctly, I remember the lady jackets beating OS at Coalfield last year. I remember that as a spectator, so I'm sure the players haven't forgot it either. OS will want revenge on Coalfield's home floor. I see the lady cats having more of a will to win than the lady jackets tomorrow night. It will be a great game to watch!! OS by 13 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I forgot about Jackson County. It's always tough going into Middle TN. Three huge out of district games remaining against three of the better teams in the state of TN regardless of classifications.

I strongly agree with truefan and OS91. Oliver Springs should be fired up for revenge on Coalfield's home court. Knight2 i disagree with your statement, you can not put down the other 8 players out there, I'll give credit where credit is due and Christopher and Jordan are outstanding players BUT when need be I'm positive the other 4 for OS will step up. They have shown it in the past and they are very capable of doing it again. So the statement "which ever teams stops the other teams superstar that teams wins" is just an ignorant statement.

I am not taking anything away from either of the 2 teams other players but Kayla and the Jordan kid are the leaders on their teams and if one has a bad night their teams will lose either team does not have a step up player that can take over a game like these 2 can. So I am sorry supergeek2130 if I have made you mad but that is the truth.Each team has good players but not one of them can take over a game like those 2 can.

I am not taking anything away from either of the 2 teams other players but Kayla and the Jordan kid are the leaders on their teams and if one has a bad night their teams will lose either team does not have a step up player that can take over a game like these 2 can. So I am sorry supergeek2130 if I have made you mad but that is the truth.Each team has good players but not one of them can take over a game like those 2 can.

I have watched OS play a few games this year where Kayla hasn't even reached double digits, but her team has still won the game. I don't know about the Coalfield girls because I haven't been fortunate enough to watch them like I have OS, but I do believe the other players for OS can and will step up tonight.

Congrats to the Lady Bobcats.

Big win last night, that puts them up in the district race with alot of work still to do.

Although OS did not play great defense last night they did what was needed. They had a lot of girls step up and have great games. OS must stay focused to complete their journey.

I also wanted to give the Coalfield team and coaches great credit. They are a really good basketball team.