East Tn Baseball

7inningparadise

Well, Wartburg should have beaten Harriman last year in the region tournament, but my buddies down there couldn't field a bunt to put the game away. I think Harriman had like 3 hits the whole game? All the other baserunners were results of errors most of them on bunts. And guess what, Wartburg brings back 7 starters. All their pitching, and their big sticks. Plus, like I said before they have the best player in the region. That's a pretty good basis for putting them above a Rockwood team that lost 8 starters. and The top of the pitching rotation. But Harriman and Wartburg will be the top 2 this year, with either one of them having the ability to win.

ok well im tired of trying to tell everyone but anyways it isn't up to what we think anyways I guess. We will just have to let the boys get out on the field and show us.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well im tired of trying to tell everyone but anyways it isn't up to what we think anyways I guess. We will just have to let the boys get out on the field and show us.

Well be tired all you want cause its probably going to be ugly come game time! I want Rockwood to do good but goodgooglywoogly dude i'm telling you its not going to happen buddy! Harriman is also bringing back 6 or 7 starters.

I watched South-Doyle Pound Powell this weekend.

They are stacked with nasty pitchers, idk where these kids came from.

One of the fastest teams in the state.

Look for them to be tough again this year

oh so you saw Matt Kirkland scrimmage Powell? Kirkland should be pretty good this year, as for south doyle ...no.

Kirkland went 2-5 with a solo hr.

and pitched one inning.

Guess he scored all 14 runs by himself?

South Doyle did not pound Powell... Powell looked stronger than South Doyle over all. Powell used several young pitchers. Kirkland pitched 3 innings not 1. Both teams looked pretty good.

Rockwood had their time in the spotlight..... Now all their stars are gone, and their coach, how could you expect them to compete for a region championship? That's an unrealistic goal. You cannot lose that many major contributors and your coach and expect to be region killers the next year.

ok and if Rockwood doesn't have the season they should this year if you look at it they only lose one starter for next year. But I still think they will suprise people this year.

bruceandpat is right, he couldn't cut it at farragut... so now he is tearin up all those 8th grade pitchers that throw 70mph and whose parents won't let them throw a curveball yet. welcome to division 2 high school ball.

Considering that Webb is a private school and offers fiancial aid to its students, they are required to be in DII.

And although I don't with your opinion on DII baseball because Baylor and McCallie had great teams last year, playing DII athletics seems to be a great trade considering the higher education the student-athletes receive.