Open Tournaments

bamafan125

I'm a student at the University of Alabama, former wrestler for a school in Chattanooga, and secretary of the new Alabama wrestling club team. We are desperately trying to find any open tournaments around the southeast that we can compete in. We are a small team, just getting organized, couple of new guys, so we aren't really ready for dual matches and team tournaments, so we are looking around for any open tournaments that would let college students come and compete in. I didn't know if there were any around here, but I knew if there were, there would be some people on this board that would know about them. I've searched some sites, but haven't searched that extensively. Thanks for any information for helping a new program get started!

I'm a student at the University of Alabama, former wrestler for a school in Chattanooga, and secretary of the new Alabama wrestling club team. We are desperately trying to find any open tournaments around the southeast that we can compete in. We are a small team, just getting organized, couple of new guys, so we aren't really ready for dual matches and team tournaments, so we are looking around for any open tournaments that would let college students come and compete in. I didn't know if there were any around here, but I knew if there were, there would be some people on this board that would know about them. I've searched some sites, but haven't searched that extensively. Thanks for any information for helping a new program get started!

hey email me.. anthony.shingler@gmail.com

I will help you out.

IS YOUR TEAM CONNECTED TO THE NCWA. IF NOT CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE AT ncwa.net

THE ANIMAL

We are and have looked at that, but with being such a new team, with such little interest, it's a little bit of a financial burden to commit to the NCWA this year, especially with their season ending soon. We are building the team and hoping to get it connected to the NCWA in the few next years and be able to compete with teams throughout the southeast, but right now we are looking to just get mat time this season for some newer guys without committing to one organization right now.

Try getting ahold of Cory Watson. He can point you in the right direction. He is the president of the MTSU wrestling club. He has done a great job with the team and turned things around. His email is serge_duh@yahoo.com