All KIL Prep Extra teams named

orangeblur

whtatheheck -

- You make some really good points. My comment at the "mystery" LB was at uknowme, who claims the PrepXtra LB's were a joke (implying their stats were not as good as others, thus they couldn't be as good). I claimed I thought the players were deserving at that position.

- I agree that great players can be on weak teams. But I also believe that QBs and LBs can be great without great stats, simply by leading their teams to greatness. I know I'm old fashioned, but I like the old days when peolple would do their jobs and allow others to make the tackle - not seeking personal glory but team success.

I must have missed something. I never claimed that PrepXtra LB's were a joke. They are all really good athletes, so please do not put words in my mouth. I simply inquired about the process. Again, let me ask in another way. How does it make since that the same people that nominate and often select as their pick week to week defensive players of the week, pick 1st and 2nd PrepXtra all KIL players that weren't nominated or selected as frequently, and in some cases not at all, as others? Sure, to an extent this is possible, but multiple week picks that weren't on 1st or 2nd team? Come on, anyone can see the system has problems. It's not as if only one LB was chosen; there are several total that make up 1st and 2nd team. Is it possible that players are recognized for great defensive play throughout the season, but aren't even on the radar in the final picks? If the panel thought these were the best linebackers and put together their PrepXtra teams, why didn't some of them ever get selected during the season as the pros' pick? These are the same people, you know? Finally, without mentioning names, you stated that you thought the players were deserving at that position. Then please explain why one of them didn't see a single snap at linebacker in the KY TN Border Bowl. Surely, he's not one of the best linebackers in the area. It doesn't make him a joke, just not one of the best. Please help me understand.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...