Baylor vs McCallie

bigblu1

congrats to the balyor squad with a big win. just want to say sorry to Wresle90. from where i was sitting you looked pretty upset, but it could have just been the lighting in the gym making you look so mad. also i would like to say job well done to mr. mackey and mr. henry. both showed great potential for 2 youngsters. mccallie wrestling is on the rise and maybe mccallie can pull it out next year, but hey they always have football it seems.

Hey, BCB was just lurking around wrestle90 that's all...

Legman is watching you though... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh watch out for what happens the next couple of years with some of these 8th and 9th graders, and even more coming up. That 3 pounder will end being another GC piece of work! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good night

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, BCB was just lurking around wrestle90 that's all...

Legman is watching you though... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh watch out for what happens the next couple of years with some of these 8th and 9th graders, and even more coming up. That 3 pounder will end being another GC piece of work! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good night

Hey SOMS, hows your boy?? the Blaze sure do miss him at 12....... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hey SOMS, hows your boy?? the Blaze sure do miss him at 12....... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Oh, he's about the same as he was in early Nov. after that 1st time HS practice with little Kennedy, Heath, Morris, etc., but with more information now, that's all. He'll be back for the soph year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have the final score,,,, 39-24 Baylor.

I have traveled far in search of Knowledge,,, and it has brought me to the main Shrine at Olumo Rock,,,,I visited with the local witch-doctor (I don??™t think voodoo doctor is politically correct anymore?),,,and he agrees that Baylor will win. I was able to gain some valuable insight during my visit,,,and will share what I have learned. I believe that McCallie has a solid line up this year; however, the doctor thinks otherwise

He was troubled that W-90??™s ??

First of all I see you don't know what a coonass is.A coonass is someone who is from Louisiana.TJ is from

Louisiana , so we know voodoo and had a spell of our own.Don't understand how you got racism out of that.

haha,,,okay,,,I stand corrected,,,but where I come from it has a very different meaning.

I should have known it was you,,,,and that you were using state-side black magic. Look forward to seeing you at state.

CC

haha,,,okay,,,I stand corrected,,,but where I come from it has a very different meaning.

I should have known it was you,,,,and that you were using state-side black magic. Look forward to seeing you at state.

CC

Seperate those two words and there is a different meaning, but a coonass is a coonass no matter where you go. And is worn like a badge of honor for those from the deep part of Louisiana

Seperate those two words and there is a different meaning, but a coonass is a coonass no matter where you go. And is worn like a badge of honor for those from the deep part of Louisiana

Doesn't look that cut and dry too me,,,,nevertheless, now that we all know TD calls TJ 'coonass',,,its all good and once again I stand corrected regarding T135's post.

Coonass, or Coon-######, is an epithet used in reference to a person of Cajun ethnicity.

Although many Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves, other Cajuns view the term as an ethnic slur against the Cajun people, especially when used by non-Cajuns. Socioeconomic factors appear to influence how Cajuns are likely to view the term: working-class Cajuns tend to regard the word "coonass" as a badge of ethnic pride; whereas middle- and upper-class Cajuns are more likely to regard the term as insulting or degrading, even when used by fellow Cajuns in reference to themselves

[edit] Etymology

The origins of "coonass" are obscure, and Cajuns have put forth several folk etymologies in an effort to explain the word's origin. Some amateur linguists believe that the word refers to the Cajuns' occasional habit of eating raccoons, or from the use of coonskin caps by the Cajuns' ancestors while fighting in the Battle of New Orleans or in the Revolutionary War under Spanish colonial Governor Bernardo de G??lvez. Other amateur linguists attribute the term to the racial slur "coon," used in reference to African-Americans ??” thus implying that Cajuns are lower than African-Americans in social standing. Yet others hold that the term derives from the shape of Cajun women after having children (like a raccoon viewed from above).[2]

The most popular folk etymology, however, stems from late Louisiana congressman and cultural activist James "Jimmy" Domengeaux, who maintained that "coonass" derived from the continental French word "connasse," which means "stupid girl/woman" (the qualifier for a male is "connard". According to the French Wiktionary, the French Larousse dictionnary, and the French Wikipedia, "connasse" entered the French language at the beginning of the 19th century and the term pejoratively indicates the vulva to designate a stupid person. The closest translation in English would be "stupid."). Domengeaux asserted that Frenchmen used the term in reference to Cajun soldiers serving in France during World War II, and that Anglo-American soldiers overheard the term, transformed it into "coonass," and brought it back to the U.S. as a disparaging term for Cajuns. Citing Domengeaux's etymology, Louisiana legislators passed a concurrent resolution in the 1980s condemning the word. (Contrary to popular belief, the lawmakers did not ban the term.)[2]

CC

Doesn't look that cut and dry too me,,,,nevertheless, now that we all know TD calls TJ 'coonass',,,its all good and once again I stand corrected regarding T135's post.

Coonass, or Coon-######, is an epithet used in reference to a person of Cajun ethnicity.

Although many Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves, other Cajuns view the term as an ethnic slur against the Cajun people, especially when used by non-Cajuns. Socioeconomic factors appear to influence how Cajuns are likely to view the term: working-class Cajuns tend to regard the word "coonass" as a badge of ethnic pride; whereas middle- and upper-class Cajuns are more likely to regard the term as insulting or degrading, even when used by fellow Cajuns in reference to themselves

[edit] Etymology

The origins of "coonass" are obscure, and Cajuns have put forth several folk etymologies in an effort to explain the word's origin. Some amateur linguists believe that the word refers to the Cajuns' occasional habit of eating raccoons, or from the use of coonskin caps by the Cajuns' ancestors while fighting in the Battle of New Orleans or in the Revolutionary War under Spanish colonial Governor Bernardo de G??lvez. Other amateur linguists attribute the term to the racial slur "coon," used in reference to African-Americans ??” thus implying that Cajuns are lower than African-Americans in social standing. Yet others hold that the term derives from the shape of Cajun women after having children (like a raccoon viewed from above).[2]

The most popular folk etymology, however, stems from late Louisiana congressman and cultural activist James "Jimmy" Domengeaux, who maintained that "coonass" derived from the continental French word "connasse," which means "stupid girl/woman" (the qualifier for a male is "connard". According to the French Wiktionary, the French Larousse dictionnary, and the French Wikipedia, "connasse" entered the French language at the beginning of the 19th century and the term pejoratively indicates the vulva to designate a stupid person. The closest translation in English would be "stupid."). Domengeaux asserted that Frenchmen used the term in reference to Cajun soldiers serving in France during World War II, and that Anglo-American soldiers overheard the term, transformed it into "coonass," and brought it back to the U.S. as a disparaging term for Cajuns. Citing Domengeaux's etymology, Louisiana legislators passed a concurrent resolution in the 1980s condemning the word. (Contrary to popular belief, the lawmakers did not ban the term.)[2]

CC

Is that you BRB? Nobody else could be this learned.surely not. Holy crap!!! How much time did you waste on that research?? You know the drill. You said coonass in 2009. You can't crawfish (no pun intended) out of it no matter how long you read your funk and wagnalls and try to legitimize it to a few microscopically thin skinned posters.personally I couldn't care less because I'm just here for the rasslin. Hey bayoubear did the coonass reference make you cry? I bet not. Anyway, wish I couldve seen the annual classic but I was busy on the other side of town witnessing Gods 2nd favorite Irish team edge out His most favorite.

Harry

congrats to the balyor squad with a big win. just want to say sorry to Wresle90. from where i was sitting you looked pretty upset, but it could have just been the lighting in the gym making you look so mad. also i would like to say job well done to mr. mackey and mr. henry. both showed great potential for 2 youngsters. mccallie wrestling is on the rise and maybe mccallie can pull it out next year, but hey they always have football it seems.

Sir,

Please be advised. I have checked with my legal team headed up by ambulance chaser Alexander " Sandy" Gothard and they have advised in no uncertain terms... "From hereforth no party or parties shall herein refereth to any wrestler as "Mr." Without written approval from BCB.He has sole ownership of said title and only affore mentioned BCB can bestow it upon deserving young gladiatpors.any violation of this decree shall henceforth be met head on by swift and painful legal activity.you will be stripped of your coacht priveleges.your computer and or blackberry will be confiscated and you will be required to attend all meetings henceforth AND pick up the tab."

Harry

Is that you BRB? Nobody else could be this learned.surely not. Holy crap!!! How much time did you waste on that research?? You know the drill. You said coonass in 2009. You can't crawfish (no pun intended) out of it no matter how long you read your funk and wagnalls and try to legitimize it to a few microscopically thin skinned posters.personally I couldn't care less because I'm just here for the rasslin. Hey bayoubear did the coonass reference make you cry? I bet not. Anyway, wish I couldve seen the annual classic but I was busy on the other side of town witnessing Gods 2nd favorite Irish team edge out His most favorite.

Harry

Harry

How did the date thing with the missus work out? Did she show up at the match?

Still husband of the year?

CC

Did a little research of my own:

In the early 19th century, there were two different uses for the name "cup cake" or "cupcake". In previous centuries, before muffin tins were widely available, the cakes were often baked in individual pottery cups, ramekins, or molds and took their name from the cups they were baked in. This is the use of the name that has persisted, and the name of "cupcake" is now given to any small cake that is about the size of a teacup. The name "fairy cake" is a fanciful description of its size, which would be appropriate for a party of diminutive fairies to share.

The other kind of "cup cake" referred to a cake whose ingredients were measured by volume, using a standard-sized cup, instead of being weighed. Recipes whose ingredients were measured using a standard-sized cup could also be baked in cups; however, they were more commonly baked in tins as layers or loaves. In later years, when the use of volume measurements was firmly established in home kitchens, these recipes became known as 1234 cakes or quarter cakes, so called because they are made up of four ingredients in equal ratios; butter, sugar, eggs and flour. They are plain yellow cakes, somewhat less rich and less expensive than pound cake due to the reduced proportion of butter. The names of these two major classes of cakes were intended to signal the method to the baker; "cup cake" uses a volume measurement, and "pound cake" uses a weight measurement.

In modern times, cupcakes are often served during a celebration, such as children's birthday parties. Additionally, they can be served as an accompaniment to afternoon tea. They are a more convenient alternative to a full-sized cake as they don't require utensils or division into individual portions.

Did a little research of my own:

In the early 19th century, there were two different uses for the name "cup cake" or "cupcake". In previous centuries, before muffin tins were widely available, the cakes were often baked in individual pottery cups, ramekins, or molds and took their name from the cups they were baked in. This is the use of the name that has persisted, and the name of "cupcake" is now given to any small cake that is about the size of a teacup. The name "fairy cake" is a fanciful description of its size, which would be appropriate for a party of diminutive fairies to share.

The other kind of "cup cake" referred to a cake whose ingredients were measured by volume, using a standard-sized cup, instead of being weighed. Recipes whose ingredients were measured using a standard-sized cup could also be baked in cups; however, they were more commonly baked in tins as layers or loaves. In later years, when the use of volume measurements was firmly established in home kitchens, these recipes became known as 1234 cakes or quarter cakes, so called because they are made up of four ingredients in equal ratios; butter, sugar, eggs and flour. They are plain yellow cakes, somewhat less rich and less expensive than pound cake due to the reduced proportion of butter. The names of these two major classes of cakes were intended to signal the method to the baker; "cup cake" uses a volume measurement, and "pound cake" uses a weight measurement.

In modern times, cupcakes are often served during a celebration, such as children's birthday parties. Additionally, they can be served as an accompaniment to afternoon tea. They are a more convenient alternative to a full-sized cake as they don't require utensils or division into individual portions.

My wife is always calling me a smartass. I was wondering cupcake is this racist also, because i'm thinking about calling the ACLU or some other politically correct institute. She says that she has evidence though because my picture is part of the description in some dictionary. Great backtracking CC, I mean classy post. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />