Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference (IMAC)

statman3

IMAC  

39 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did West lose a player? I'm new to this board, so I apologize for any "dumb" comments. I'm more a fan of district 1-AAA (or know more about it) but the IMAC conference has certainly caught my eye over the last couple of years. Lots of talent to be seen in this area. Are these teams expected to be a level higher than they were last year?

Did West lose a player? I'm new to this board, so I apologize for any "dumb" comments. I'm more a fan of district 1-AAA (or know more about it) but the IMAC conference has certainly caught my eye over the last couple of years. Lots of talent to be seen in this area. Are these teams expected to be a level higher than they were last year?

I was just poking a little fun at the IMAC board. Last year in the preseason, the IMAC board had a lot of fun discussing the "ray of sunshine" that transferred into M West between semesters. A 6' tall pitcher from Florida who has apparently had to move back to Florida between semesters this year.

But in all honesty, M West has at least two other good pitchers to pick up the slack. And for about the fourth year in a row....it should be a dog fight for the top spot this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just poking a little fun at the IMAC board. Last year in the preseason, the IMAC board had a lot of fun discussing the "ray of sunshine" that transferred into M West between semesters. A 6' tall pitcher from Florida who has apparently had to move back to Florida between semesters this year.

But in all honesty, M West has at least two other good pitchers to pick up the slack. And for about the fourth year in a row....it should be a dog fight for the top spot this year.

I'm on the board Statman and chomping at the bit. Looks to be another exciting year in the IMAC and certainly lots of preseason confusion to get the season underway.

The sun is not shining West of Cumberland for the moment, but with lots of offense and pitchers to plug in, I'm certain they will continue to be a conference contender.

I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger for Chiefs in your preseason poll. Gilbert is certainly the cats meow, and despite some uncertainty in the health of her knee, I just don't see how they can score enough runs (although it may only take 1 or 2 per game).

Lady Canes have a lot of excitement with solid veterans and loads of future IMAC stars. If they dial in the pitching (with only 4 or 5 to pick from), then it will be over. They will have capacity to put up huge numbers on offense and could send as many as 8 legitimate 300 hitters to the plate. But alas, it will be all about the pitching and though they are capable - it will be the "x" factor.

Jefferson is certainly solid too, but are missing some critical components early on. However, solid pitching and hittting will create fits in the league. Solid is the key word and so work still remains before things get really underway.

Cocke County and Greeneville are getting better by the day. If you don't show up ready or you leave them hanging around, then watch out for the upset bug to bite. Neither is ready to challenge the top spot of the conference but both programs are greatly improved and on the move.

IMAC baby. Looks good and promises to be fun all year.

MWT - Get the grill cranked up and lets get it on.

I'm on the board Statman and chomping at the bit. Looks to be another exciting year in the IMAC and certainly lots of preseason confusion to get the season underway.

The sun is not shining West of Cumberland for the moment, but with lots of offense and pitchers to plug in, I'm certain they will continue to be a conference contender.

I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger for Chiefs in your preseason poll. Gilbert is certainly the cats meow, and despite some uncertainty in the health of her knee, I just don't see how they can score enough runs (although it may only take 1 or 2 per game).

Lady Canes have a lot of excitement with solid veterans and loads of future IMAC stars. If they dial in the pitching (with only 4 or 5 to pick from), then it will be over. They will have capacity to put up huge numbers on offense and could send as many as 8 legitimate 300 hitters to the plate. But alas, it will be all about the pitching and though they are capable - it will be the "x" factor.

Jefferson is certainly solid too, but are missing some critical components early on. However, solid pitching and hittting will create fits in the league. Solid is the key word and so work still remains before things get really underway.

Cocke County and Greeneville are getting better by the day. If you don't show up ready or you leave them hanging around, then watch out for the upset bug to bite. Neither is ready to challenge the top spot of the conference but both programs are greatly improved and on the move.

IMAC baby. Looks good and promises to be fun all year.

MWT - Get the grill cranked up and lets get it on.

Ah, Lance,

Good to see you back. I was beginning to worry you weren't participating this year.

Can't argue with your assessments of Lady Chiefs. That certainly is this group's reputation and you just don't replace Ewing, Price, Murrell, and Barnett defensively or in the lineup. I must point out, however, that during the tournament run last year, Davis, Mahan, Gilbert, Hensley and Hughes all had big offensive contributions and having tasted success, they seem to be even more thirsty to get back. Could be a tough start to the season for the Chiefs opening up at your Canes and following that with trips to DB, Grainger, Jeff County before coming home to face the Trojans. All this in eight days to start the season. Chief's X factor may be how much contribution they get in the lineup from the replacements. Certainly don't have the bumper crop of freshman that I understand are pushing an already very talented group over at East, but the chiefs do have a few very talented youngsters who could make an impact this year. Look for the Chiefs to make their move late.

What components are missing at Jeff? I certainly expected them to be in the thick of it again this year with their talented pitching staff and most of their lineup returning. Maybe JC#1fan can ehlp us out with some Jeff County info.

mwtfan - come out come out whereever you are. Sunshine or not, I need your steak and salad bar. We need Trojan input. Who will be primary pitcher (Watson, Poole, Wild, Kiggans, other) -- come on -- quit holding out.

What about Jeff - who is on the mound first (my money is on Leon) but so many options in the IMAC.

Statman -- I believe mwtfan is deploying the old silent but violent preseason playbook.

Its like a team that doesn't come out to warm up before the big game or changes jerseys in the locker room.

Heck, they get new jerseys every year - so must be the first. Hide from the frey and then come out swinging the big hammer.

I know mwtfan is watching. Then again, he probably forgot where he put the A-1.

Statman -- I believe mwtfan is deploying the old silent but violent preseason playbook.

Its like a team that doesn't come out to warm up before the big game or changes jerseys in the locker room.

Heck, they get new jerseys every year - so must be the first. Hide from the frey and then come out swinging the big hammer.

I know mwtfan is watching. Then again, he probably forgot where he put the A-1.

I agree, Lance.

The silence coming out of the west is almost deafening. It feels a little like an ambush is being formulated. Maybe there is another transfer in the mix somewhere or perhaps they are all focused on that tremendous basketball team they have over there this year.

I for one am pulling for the lady trojan bball team to take it all.

I agree, Lance.

The silence coming out of the west is almost deafening. It feels a little like an ambush is being formulated. Maybe there is another transfer in the mix somewhere or perhaps they are all focused on that tremendous basketball team they have over there this year.

I for one am pulling for the lady trojan bball team to take it all.

Good luck to the Lady Trojans - state run looks to be but a formality.

Wilson Central and Oak Ridge out - the stars have lined up (not that they needed them too).

You may be right statman. Maybe Taylor Hall plays softball too and then look out.

Lady Trojans have a couple of contributors on the hardwood (especially Watson), so they may still be trying to figure out exactly how they wish to begin the season.

Make no mistake about it - they are still in good shape so beware of Maroon Warriors.

mwtfan - with about a week to go, time to age the beef and prepare the marinade.

I'm still here, just still trying to assess the damages incurred over the last several weeks. First a pitcher, then a 400 hittin' Sr. center fielder, jeez!! But, alas, it was a beautiful day for a season opening softball game last night at JC Wild Softball Park: T bones on the grill (or maybe they were ballpark franks), nice and warm and after a sluggish start, plenty of hits from the Lady Trojans' bats. "I feel good and in a special way; I'm in love and it's a sunny day. good day sunshine..." No, I'm not giddy, and I'm not drinking that Crimson Kool-Aid, just glad it's softball time - it's been a long, tough winter, boys. It was a good win against a Grainger County team that definetly has some talent. Poole pitched well (gave up 4 hits), and West's runs came in spurts. Both teams made more errors than they would have liked. The Trojans' question marks are still just that, question marks, but it was a very good start. Glad to see that there was indeed 'Sunshine' in West Hamblen County for at least one day. Good luck to all, and it's good to know I've been missed!

I'm still here, just still trying to assess the damages incurred over the last several weeks. First a pitcher, then a 400 hittin' Sr. center fielder, jeez!! But, alas, it was a beautiful day for a season opening softball game last night at JC Wild Softball Park: T bones on the grill (or maybe they were ballpark franks), nice and warm and after a sluggish start, plenty of hits from the Lady Trojans' bats. "I feel good and in a special way; I'm in love and it's a sunny day. good day sunshine..." No, I'm not giddy, and I'm not drinking that Crimson Kool-Aid, just glad it's softball time - it's been a long, tough winter, boys. It was a good win against a Grainger County team that definetly has some talent. Poole pitched well (gave up 4 hits), and West's runs came in spurts. Both teams made more errors than they would have liked. The Trojans' question marks are still just that, question marks, but it was a very good start. Glad to see that there was indeed 'Sunshine' in West Hamblen County for at least one day. Good luck to all, and it's good to know I've been missed!

No IMAC without mwtfan.

Trojans have exploded out of the gate with a huge opening statement. The silence statman --- ah the silence --- the oldest trick in the book (of course his wife doesn't let him talk so its hard to get him going - lol). 10 runs against Mudd is great on any day and although I knew you would do it, I expected more of 3-2 game. Alas, you have overcome your preseason woes and off to a good start.

I thought Johnson would hurt you more, but plenty of punch in the Trojan lineup for sure.

It's on fellers and for once -- Lance just isn't sure, but my last 4 years speaks for itself. I promise to be amazing as always.