Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference (IMAC)

statman3

IMAC  

39 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC

MWTFAN,

They guys from 1370 were planning on being there yesterday, so I assume they will be back over there tonight.

We need a little detail from last night, What went down?

Lance,

Sounds good for District.

Bats were unusually silent, largely because Ball pitched an excellent game & CC made the plays. West had only 3 strikeouts, and they were all from the same spot in the batting order. I believe west had 6 hits and Cocke County had 5 by 5 different players. CC had 4 runners reach 2nd all night & 2 of them scored. West took the lead 3-0 in the bottom of the 4th, scoring all 3 runs with 2 outs. Cocke County had back to back doubles (Ball & Walker) to lead off the 6th. Ball scored on Walker's double & Walker scored on a wild pitch & the batter grounded out to the pitcher on the next pitch to end the inning. West was 1 for 7 with runners in scoring position. Watson saw her first pitching duty of the season & did very well for the most part (struck out 7, walked none). See you Thursday in Rog Vegas.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mind is not really on softball today, so I??™m a little out of sorts ??“ but I know how much you junkies need me to be wrong so today is your chance.

Furthermore, it is difficult to be amazing when we can??™t even get the schedules right on where games are played, but the amazing Lance has figured out that West is going to Cherokee and East will indeed host Jefferson.

Greeneville at Cocke County:

Mirror mirror on the wall ??“ who??™s the fairest of them all? My mirror is analogy for two teams that look similar on paper and both have played well early. Greeneville appears to me to be more solid than Cocke County defensively and a couple more athletes; however, Cocke County plays with an extra ball (Nicole) and Greeneville hasn??™t won a conference game since 2006 (making them way overdue and certainly capable). But not today, my Lady Devils, as yes you two are equal but Cocke County has two Clydesdales (Ball and Wyrick) leaving Greeneville 2 horses shy of pulling the load. Lance??™s loser: Greeneville.

Jefferson at East:

Jefferson certainly deserves to mentioned in the upper tier of the IMAC softball elites but as of yet the Patriot machine doesn??™t have it clicking on all 8 cylinders, but neither do the Lady Canes, so this makes for an interesting matchup today. Leon has had good success keeping the Canes off the scoreboard historically and today should be little different; although, Leon could be a little winded from yesterday??™s huge matchup with Cherokee. Wilmoth will certainly have her work cut out for her trying to get through the top of that Patriot lineup but look for a couple oops that allow Jeff to put some runs on the board. I really like Jeff in this matchup, but program is a little out of sync right now (some quit, some soft spots on defense, a little field trouble) ??“ nothing major ??“ just not clicking, but look for Pats to be trouble deeper in the season ??“ just not today. Lance??™s loser: Jefferson

West at Cherokee (IMAC GAME OF THE DAY):

The maroon warriors travel to the Cherokee reservation looking for a huge payday and to remain atop the IMAC leaderboard, and since this isn??™t Harrah??™s, odds are in their favor for a chance at winning. The Lady Trojans will bring their high powered Gatling gun offense to bear down and apply pressure on this Lady Chiefs team that can ill-afford to lose valuable IMAC ground via another defeat in the battle of Persia (that??™s old Route 8 Rogersville). How can Cherokee score the 4 or 5 runs they need to win? How can they match the depth and talent of the Lady Trojans? How can their suspect youth hold up under such intense pressure? How can Gilbert recover without any rest?

ANSWER: The Chiefs can??™t. This one looks to be all Lady Trojans ??“ you could almost bet the farm on it; however, Chief Whitney (???Marbles??? to her admirers) would look at this mound of opposition and simply say ??“ give me the dang ball. That my friends, is enough for me today, and against all odds - Lance??™s Loser: West

Alas - I almost missed my introduction.

Spring Break and all is quiet in Morristown and yet, less we forget -- nea and yet a rocks throw away resides a battle of epic proportion -

You guessed it - IMAC game of the day: Jefferson at Cocke

Late in the day, but better late than ever.

The Lady Patriots are licking their wounds from two stinging conference defeats where they did not quite play up to their potential. Early in the season and time to regroup, but the task doesn't get any easier with the rowdy lady Roosters hosting them in the hen house tonight.

Tonight's game can be summarized once again by the analagy of an old frog joke (though this one is tougher to follow).

What's clear on the outside and green on the inside - A frog in a plastic baggy.

Tonight's game is all about the obvious. Lady Red have all the tools to win this one. They played West tough and both Ball and Wyrick demonstrate how to walk softly and carry a big stick. Just when you think it's okay - those two whamp you on the noggin.

I'm all about the Lady Red in this one, especially with Jeff not having it quite together as of yet; however, there is the obvious (a green frog in a plastic baggy). Cocke County hitting two homers and losing to Greeneville is enough to overule my entire sense of logic. Beware of the two big sticks, but I'll take the frog in the plastic baggy - Lance's loser: Cocke

Lance - you are more amazing than ever.

You the man Lance. I bask in the rays of your brilliance.

Stop it you guys - you are making me blush. I know - no one could have called last night's game but me. I know I'm brilliant.

Thanks anyway.,

Stop it you guys - you are making me blush. I know - no one could have called last night's game but me. I know I'm brilliant.

Thanks anyway.,

You truly are the man, Lancelot, so I take it Coucke County won? There wasn't a score posted. I'm like you though, West has played Greeneville and CC & I was a bit surprised at the outcome of that one.

edit - my bad - read the msg wrong

You truly are the man, Lancelot, so I take it Coucke County won? There wasn't a score posted. I'm like you though, West has played Greeneville and CC & I was a bit surprised at the outcome of that one.

No, the Lady Pats took the win, but as Lancelot the IMAC is closing ranks. Anybody at any time can win these days.

No, the Lady Pats took the win, but as Lancelot the IMAC is closing ranks. Anybody at any time can win these days.

I did pick Jeff in that one and the Pats did win. It is competitive this year and anyone can win on a given day.

I'm stunned trying to figure out what our Lady Chiefs have been up to. Some surprising defeats outside the conference recently. Volunteer has a solid team, but DB - come on now. They did answer with victory over Volunteer, but I'm anxious to understand what's going on.

What's up with that statman?

I did pick Jeff in that one and the Pats did win. It is competitive this year and anyone can win on a given day.

I'm stunned trying to figure out what our Lady Chiefs have been up to. Some surprising defeats outside the conference recently. Volunteer has a solid team, but DB - come on now. They did answer with victory over Volunteer, but I'm anxious to understand what's going on.

Don't think the Chielfs beat Volunteer..I though the score was Volunteer 4 Cherokee 1???? Am I wrong?

Don't think the Chielfs beat Volunteer..I though the score was Volunteer 4 Cherokee 1???? Am I wrong?

Not to put words in our friend Lance's mouth, but my guess is that he was intending to refer to the Chief's 1 to 0 victory over Elizabethton, which by the way took 10 innings to accomplish.

Well Sir Lancelot and fellow IMACians, the lady chiefs ventured off into the land of the big 9 and took their lumps. I will reluctantly feed a report for the sake of other IMACians who may eventually venture into the same territory. Reluctant because the losses were packed with emotion and I certainly do not want to stoke any Hawkins County fires that are already burning red hot.

My message to the IMAC would have to begin with a simple BEWARE! Our friends to the East appear to me to be much improved, and they are certainly motivated to try and correct what has been a couple of years of IMAC dominance.

I think future IMAC/BIG 9 contests will be all about the match-ups (Pitching vs. Hitting). Don't under-estimate the pitching, I would place what we saw equivalent to or possibly a little stronger than we have faced so far in the IMAC and as you already know, Lance, that presents a particular problem for the lady chiefs.

Coach Strickler has his team believing in themselves and playing well. They put the bat on the ball well and pressure you on the basepaths. Byington is the real deal. "Marbles" made a couple of mistakes and she/they made her pay for them.

Coach Higgins was gifted with a couple of players he didn't have last year. In particular he has a lead-off slapper that is a VERY difficult out. Their pitching was strong enough to give the lady chiefs trouble this early in the season....not sure how they will hold up to the bats in Morristown.

Beyond that, I would just say....don't venture East expecting anything other than a tight strike zone. And be careful how you react to it, because (although it had no impact on the games), retaliation can be a REAL problem.

Looking forward to getting several games in at the NFS if the weather allows. Lady chiefs need several games over the weekend to iron out some kinks.

BTW, any word on Jeff County/Science Hill...did they get to play?