7AAA

soccerboy101

From the Daily News Journal :

Blackman junior Ryan Zeeck had never had a high school boys soccer game like Friday night.

In fact it had been a while since the entire Blaze team had an offensive performance like it had against Siegel.

Zeeck, a junior forward, scored four of his five goals in the first half to lead host Blackman to a 7-2 win over the Stars in its District 7-AAA opener.

"I've never scored that many," said Zeeck, who bolstered his season goal total to nine. "My best before was probably three.

"I just wanted to come out with everything I had. I really wanted to win this game. Every time the ball came to me, I made a couple of moves and scored. They couldn't stop me for some reason."

The seven goals were the most Blackman (3-0-1) has scored since it beat Warren County 7-1 in the 2008 district tournament semifinals. The Blaze entered the game with nine goals for the season.

Against Siegel (3-1-1), Blackman was 7-for-7 in shots in frame.

"I never in my wildest imagination thought we could put seven goals on them," Blackman coach Bill Vice said.

Siegel opened the game with a goal in the first 35 seconds when senior Toks Sokoya rifled a shot from 30 yards away that hit at least one player before getting past Blackman goalkeeper Ken Clinton.

But Zeeck had plenty of answers.

He tied the game 1-all in the 13th minute, firing a shot into the net. He added a second six minutes later when he hammered a shot just inside the right post.

His third goal came in the 35th minute before he ended the half with one final goal when he got the ball past two defenders for the score.

"He was like on the sun or something," Vice said. The last couple of games he hadn't had a lot of luck out there. But everything was going his way out there."

Siegel senior Destin Black cut the deficit to 4-2 in the 49th minute. But before the Stars could cut it to one, junior Tabor Jetter pushed the lead back to 5-2.

Zeeck added his final goal 10 minutes later before Shea Vice nailed a 35-yard direct kick around Siegel's wall of defenders that landed in the left side of the goal.

"I was just trying to hit in the air, maybe score," said Shea Vice, who has four goals for the season.

Blackman 7, Siegel 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the points so far with most teams having played at least two games in the district (the exception is Blackman that has only played one game in the district).

This is not my prediction on how the teams will finish and it is not a ranking of the teams. All I am doing is showing how many points each team has in the district at this point in time. Now, having go that out of the way ... here we go.

Riverdale 2 - 0 - 0 = 6 points

Cookeville 2 - 1 - 0 = 6 points

Lebanon 2 - 2 - 0 = 6 points

Blackman 1 - 0 - 0 = 3 points

Siegel 1 - 1 - 0 = 3 points

Oakland 1 - 1 - 0 = 3 points

Warren Co 0 - 2 - 0 = 0 points

White Co 0 - 2 - 0 = 0 points

If I have missed any games that were rescheduled due to all the rain outs, let me know and I will update this info.

How is no one talking about Oakland Cookeville game? Oakland dominated the first half with a goal by Steve which he clicked in to make it 1-0, when this happened I have never seen such a excited bench and players roahr up. They then pounded to goals by Conner Mccholom which made it 3-0 at half. The 2nd half of the game was a defensive style which they controlled this Cookeville team to only 1 goal.

I am really impressed with this team they have come a long way to pull that big win.

I believe it has been more than 7 or 8 years since they have beaten this team.Oaklands goalie Will Ramsey also had a amazing night which was impressive to block some hard shots. Looked really nice vs the hard shooters.

Congrats to Coach Boynton and Oakland players on the big win.

Because the Blackman Siegel game was more important.

Yes that game was important, but not as important as it is for Oakland to beat a team like Cookeville who has beaten those teams in the past. Just laying facts down, Oakland is back to play better watch out. There healthy smart and hungry. Expect more games out of the performance that they showed Friday night.

Here are the points so far with most teams having played at least two games in the district (the exception is Blackman that has only played one game in the district).

This is not my prediction on how the teams will finish and it is not a ranking of the teams. All I am doing is showing how many points each team has in the district at this point in time. Now, having go that out of the way ... here we go.

Riverdale 2 - 0 - 0 = 6 points

Cookeville 2 - 1 - 0 = 6 points

Lebanon 2 - 2 - 0 = 6 points

Blackman 1 - 0 - 0 = 3 points

Siegel 1 - 1 - 0 = 3 points

Oakland 1 - 1 - 0 = 3 points

Warren Co 0 - 2 - 0 = 0 points

White Co 0 - 2 - 0 = 0 points

If I have missed any games that were rescheduled due to all the rain outs, let me know and I will update this info.

Riverdale beat White County 6-0 tonight.

Goals by Riverdale

Patrick Compton Hat Trick

David Pleitez 1

Eli Genet 1

Jordan Higgs 1

Score could have been much worse

How is no one talking about Oakland Cookeville game? Oakland dominated the first half with a goal by Steve which he clicked in to make it 1-0, when this happened I have never seen such a excited bench and players roahr up. They then pounded to goals by Conner Mccholom which made it 3-0 at half. The 2nd half of the game was a defensive style which they controlled this Cookeville team to only 1 goal.

I am really impressed with this team they have come a long way to pull that big win.

I believe it has been more than 7 or 8 years since they have beaten this team.Oaklands goalie Will Ramsey also had a amazing night which was impressive to block some hard shots. Looked really nice vs the hard shooters.

Congrats to Coach Boynton and Oakland players on the big win.

If and when Oakland puts together several quality wins , then people will start talking about them . Years past are hard to overcome . I know every year is different , but just like any other sport , until you put together a couple of quality wins everyone will still be wonder if they are for real.