Karns Football

kbeavr

Wow, all these post about programs wanting to get back their mojo. I am a Karns grad that played there in the mid 80s never had mojo, the program was terrible then and it doesn't look much better now. Can anyone help this program? it seems to be worse every year, I guess with the new district Karns will have about as much chance to win as ever. Maybe some one on this fourm has some answers to share for some hope.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, all these post about programs wanting to get back their mojo. I am a Karns grad that played there in the mid 80s never had mojo, the program was terrible then and it doesn't look much better now. Can anyone help this program? it seems to be worse every year, I guess with the new district Karns will have about as much chance to win as ever. Maybe some one on this fourm has some answers to share for some hope.

kbeavr, maybe the re-zoning of schools will help the cause for Karns.

I understand your question, NO replies about help maybe no one as an answer, maybe Karns is just one of those schools that will always have trouble for what ever reason. I know alot of families from Karns and the players work as hard as any and the talent level there is sufficent enogh to get the job done. it makes you wonder what is the problem? anyway good luck to the Beavers and hope they can replace all those seniors.

I understand your question, NO replies about help maybe no one as an answer, maybe Karns is just one of those schools that will always have trouble for what ever reason. I know alot of families from Karns and the players work as hard as any and the talent level there is sufficent enogh to get the job done. it makes you wonder what is the problem? anyway good luck to the Beavers and hope they can replace all those seniors.

see that over 200 people have looked at this post, no one has any help for Karns, here is a clue jammin an kbeavr, Karns will not make any strides until they get the program in shape with coaches that respect players for what they put into the tean not how much a player can help them win.

Karns has traditionally been a school that has quite a few good athletes, but they tend to be one sport only athletes. Karns has had good baseball and basketball programs over the last decade or so, but only a handful those kids have played football in addition to their other sports.

Another thing working against Karns is Grace Christian Academy. Quite a few kids who would help the football program at Karns are opting to attend Grace.

Coach Reeves at Karns is a good football coach. If anybody can revive the program, it will be him.

Karns has traditionally been a school that has quite a few good athletes, but they tend to be one sport only athletes. Karns has had good baseball and basketball programs over the last decade or so, but only a handful those kids have played football in addition to their other sports.

Another thing working against Karns is Grace Christian Academy. Quite a few kids who would help the football program at Karns are opting to attend Grace.

Coach Reeves at Karns is a good football coach. If anybody can revive the program, it will be him.

Apparently 2-8 and 1-9 defines good coaching, one sport players for sure hurts the football team, that is an AD problem, if your coaches don't work together then you find some that will. Supporting multi sports in your school will create good teams and school sprit. from what I hear the baseball coach at Karns really tries to discredit the FB program and vise versa. it seems also that HVA created some problems for Karns as well.

Apparently 2-8 and 1-9 defines good coaching, one sport players for sure hurts the football team, that is an AD problem, if your coaches don't work together then you find some that will. Supporting multi sports in your school will create good teams and school sprit. from what I hear the baseball coach at Karns really tries to discredit the FB program and vise versa. it seems also that HVA created some problems for Karns as well.

I didn't say that the record was acceptable. Honestly, Coach Reeves didn't have much to work with coming in. No coach is going to rebuild that program in a year or two.

While Hardin Valley took some potential student athletes, Karns gained several good prospects from the part of the Powell zone that was rezoned to Karns. Those things tend to even out one another.

I didn't say that the record was acceptable. Honestly, Coach Reeves didn't have much to work with coming in. No coach is going to rebuild that program in a year or two.

not much to work with? I am not sure but, for the most part the team this year was made up of 31 seniors, OL mostly seniors RB all seniors, REC mostly seniors I guess having players for two years dos not give you much time. I guess only time will tell on the coaching abilities of that whole staff. Maybe they will be able to win with Juniors and Soph, because they have already proven they cannot win with seniors.

not much to work with? I am not sure but, for the most part the team this year was made up of 31 seniors, OL mostly seniors RB all seniors, REC mostly seniors I guess having players for two years dos not give you much time. I guess only time will tell on the coaching abilities of that whole staff. Maybe they will be able to win with Juniors and Soph, because they have already proven they cannot win with seniors.

Great post baller the Karns team was packed with talented seniors. wonder what the excuses will be next year. Clue Karns will use the excuse that we do'nt have many seniors, watch and see!

I

I stand by what I said. Just because a school has a lot of seniors doesn't automatically make high expectations legitimate. Successful football starts in the feeder program, which takes some stability in the coaching staff at the high school level to build and sustain. Older players don't necessarily equal success.